[REMOVE ADS]

Fox News Anchor Inexplicably Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music'

I don't know what's happening in this country....................

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/...ansBillboard11

Our duty is to make sure as many people know about this as possible. Shows you once again what kind of people work at Fox news, and what white people think of Black people. I know white people who call Fox news the white man's news. They are so right!

Kristi Capel's response is incredibly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    That's what they do at Fox. They intentionally say whatever they want, then apologize by saying they didn't know any better, which gives the network an excuse to keep her around without any punishment, and white people to sympathize with her.

On the other hand, if someone does less than that on MSNBC or CNN, Fox goes after not only them, and the network, but finds a way to tie it all to President Obama, and MSNBC disciplines the person.

See what happened to Brian Williams? Now, Bill O'reilly is taking the same kind of heat, but Fox is defending his ass.

Again, Fox news has no integrity as a so-called news organization, and can safely be called the racist channel. No other channel allows its pundits, and guests, like Rudolph Giuliani to get away with such racist crap on a daily basis. They are tied to the republikkkan party, and they want to win the white house next year. If they keep it up, it's going to get harder and harder for them to do so without cheating.
    Last edited by soulster; 02-23-2015 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    Totally stupid and racist! She cannot feign ignorance just to get out of it.

If you cannot affect them economically, they don't care about how far they go. A&E realized that Phil Robertson was more popular than ever with his fans [[and consequently with his sponsors) after his homophobic and racist statements. Consequently, all the gay or minority complaints in the world didn't affect his job status because they couldn't show that they could impact A&E economically.

The same will be the case with Faux News in this case. A large percentage of their viewers are racists who have been empowered by the Tea Party's assaults on the president. Since it's unlikely that the statement will impact them economically, it would be up to prominent conservatives like Ben Carson and Clarence Thomas to step up and make a stink. Don't hold your breath waiting for that.

If we can get a comprehensive list of Faux News' sponsors, we can target them to demand action. It would take each of us to reach out to as many of our friends and acquaintances as possible and asking them to do the same [[and so on). I am absolutely prepared to stop buying any product or service that advertises until this is resolved. But one person cannot make a difference. What say you?
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 02-23-2015 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    If we can get a comprehensive list of Faux News' sponsors, we can target them to demand action. It would take each of us to reach out to as many of our friends and acquaintances as possible and asking them to do the same [[and so on). I am absolutely prepared to stop buying any product or service that advertises until this is resolved. But one person cannot make a difference. What say you?
    I stopped watching anything broadcast by the Atlanta Fox station a long time ago and consequently missed a lot of shows that might be half-way decent. A video link is presented below:

Ah... The thread title is misleading. I kept waiting to hear something on the national news but it was some idiot chick from an Atlanta station. The anchor wasn't with Faux News, but with a local affiliate of Fox Networks.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Totally stupid and racist! She cannot feign ignorance just to get out of it.
    Oh, they can feign ignorance. How? Whites know that the people who run Fox, and most of the people who watch it, are not usually exposed to Black people, so they figure they can be excused for not knowing. But, it's all bullshit because everyone in this country knows damn well that "jigaboo" is a racial slur, just like "porch monkey" and "pickaninny".

Yep. Rush called Michelle Obama 'uppity' a couple of years ago. I never heard that word used without another word [[that I won't be using) following it. It's just half a hop from insinuating a slur to actually saying it over the public airways.

If you cannot affect them economically, they don't care about how far they go. A&E realized that Phil Robertson was more popular than ever with his fans [[and consequently with his sponsors) after his homophobic and racist statements. Consequently, all the gay or minority complaints in the world didn't affect his job status because they couldn't show that they could impact A&E economically.

The same will be the case with Faux News in this case. A large percentage of their viewers are racists who have been empowered by the Tea Party's assaults on the president. Since it's unlikely that the statement will impact them economically, it would be up to prominent conservatives like Ben Carson and Clarence Thomas to step up and make a stink. Don't hold your breath waiting for that.

I say hell yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I say hell yeah!
    I'm with it!

I say hell yeah!
    It turns out that this ignorant woman is local to the Cleveland market. From the remarks she's getting on Twitter, I'm thinking that she's going to be off the air for awhile. She's getting absolutely blasted. And if she can survive in a city with as many prominent Black folks as Cleveland, then something's very wrong down there.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 02-24-2015 at 03:34 AM.

It turns out that this ignorant woman is local to the Cleveland market. From the remarks she's getting on Twitter, I'm thinking that she's going to be off the air for awhile. She's getting absolutely blasted. And if she can survive in a city with as many prominent Black folks as Cleveland, then something's very wrong down there.
    I'm not at all surprised that Kristi Capel would so casually say such a word on the air. It's Fox's corporate culture that influences this mindset. It may be an affiliate, but it's still Rupert Murdoch's Fox.
    Last edited by soulster; 02-24-2015 at 04:07 AM.

You guys have no idea how EMBARRASSED we are after what she did......And again this a.m. she made ANOTHER apology.....We really feel bad for Wayne who was right there when she said it, and the look on his face was of serious mortification...He actually had to sit her down and tell her what the word meant because she said she had no clue which I call BS because why would you use a word that you say you don't know what the dam meaning is??

And get this - she USED to be up in the helicopter doing traffic - also from what I've read, she doesen't even have a degree in journalism, and I've never really liked her since Day 1 anyhow....

But... but... buuutttt... She was 'Miss Missouri'. That should be good enough to get you on the news desk, shouldn't it?

She heard the word in the past. She's used the word in the past. She's obviously been around people who routinely use the word, and must know those people have a low opinion of Black people. She could put two and two together and figure it out. I'm not buying her claim of innocence, and I don't care how old she is. And, she's from Kentucky, one of the most historically racist places in the region.

And, another thing: Lady GaGa is always so big on human rights and discrimination. Why hasn't she said anything? Why hasn't the musical community said anything?

What I also want to know is: why is Capel still on the air? And, we have oofta Wayne Dawson on the air with her defending her. Wouldn't you know it? He's an ordained minister. No wonder I have a hard time calling myself a christian.
    Last edited by soulster; 02-24-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Of course she knew the word and what it meant. She had a Freudian slip, which means it was on her mind. She would definitely have made the statement at a party or on the phone with her friends but forgot herself. And it looks as if the station is willing to ride out the storm:

Fox 8 news director Andy Fishman said in an email to the Daily News: "Kristy apologized on the air shortly after making the remark. She did not know what the word meant but that is no excuse for using it...We have spoken with her and are confident nothing like this will happen again."

Of course she knew the word and what it meant. She had a Freudian slip, which means it was on her mind. She would definitely have made the statement at a party or on the phone with her friends but forgot herself. And it looks as if the station is willing to ride out the storm:

Fox 8 news director Andy Fishman said in an email to the Daily News: "Kristy apologized on the air shortly after making the remark. She did not know what the word meant but that is no excuse for using it...We have spoken with her and are confident nothing like this will happen again."
    No she didn't have a Freudian slip......................she had a Paula Dean slip!

This is my local news station [[I'm ashamed to say). I quit watching it awhile back. The things that fly out of their mouths on that station is cringe-worthy.....way too often. Kristi is a twit and is an 'all about me type of girl'. She prattles on about her kid and husband constantly...like we care? She giggles and laughs [[usually inappropriately) at anything. She grew up in Kentucky....she knew damn well what 'that' word meant. Paula Dean slip, indeed. Wayne Dawson has made flagrant anti-gay remarks on-air....and he's still there. That station is a hot mess.

She should be fired immediately!

We all know that the right wing news channel is racist period. Fox news is the most bias there ever has been in television history. It's wrong it's allowed to exist.

S.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sister View Post
    She should be fired immediately!

We all know that the right wing news channel is racist period. Fox news is the most bias there ever has been in television history. It's wrong it's allowed to exist.

S.S.
    I am with you Sister, she has got to go! This from a city whose police officers shot and killed a 12 year boy just months ago!

Welp - this "just in"...

They suspended her stupid ass for 3 days.....She was to appear on the Look-a-Like segment this a.m., but she was a no show and it was mentioned then on Fox8 FB page....

I wouldn't care if she NEVAH came back.....never liked her from Day 1 like I said before...

I'll bet she thinks that she's the victim here. I haven't read the comments at the bottom of the stories on Huff Post and such, but I'm sure she has more than her fair share of people willing to support her in the most vile and hateful manner. I hope their ratings show a sheer drop after this.

I've never heard of that word. Is it used outside of the USA?

I'll bet she thinks that she's the victim here. I haven't read the comments at the bottom of the stories on Huff Post and such, but I'm sure she has more than her fair share of people willing to support her in the most vile and hateful manner. I hope their ratings show a sheer drop after this.
    You know they did it because of public pressure, and to show that they are "really doing something". Wow.

What is going to happen now is that White people will start supporting her, and Black people will be all forgiving because that's what Black folk always seem to do when White people fuck up. I don't know if Fox news proper is covering the incident, seeing it's one of their own, but if they do, i'll bet I can hear the cries of "freedom of speech", and then reminding us all about when Jesse Jackson used the term "hymietown" waaaaayyy back on the mid-80s.
    Last edited by soulster; 02-25-2015 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    I've never heard of that word. Is it used outside of the USA?
    I believe the racial slur is unique to the U.S..

Either way, a real journalist knows that word is a no-no. As others have said, Capel isn't a journalist. Apparently, she got hired because of her status as a Miss Something, and her looks, which doesn't do anything for me, anyway.

You know they did it because of public pressure, and to show that they are "really doing something". Wow.

What is going to happen now is that White people will start supporting her, and Black people will be all forgiving because that's what Black folk always seem to do when White people fuck up. I don't know if Fox news proper is covering the incident, seeing it's one of their own, but if they do, i'll bet I can hear the cries of "freedom of speech", and then reminding us all about when Jesse Jackson used the term "hymietown" waaaaayyy back on the mid-80s.
    soulster, Jesse's political pursuits went downhill after he uttered that term and some folks still won't let it go to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by nysister View Post
    soulster, Jesse's political pursuits went downhill after he uttered that term and some folks still won't let it go to this day.
    I know. My point in mentioning it is that Black people always forgive people, while White people never let you forget.

I know. My point in mentioning it is that Black people always forgive people, while White people never let you forget.
    That's typically a problem for progressives in this country, and since Black people seek more changes [[even still) to the systemic barriers before us, we are progressive by default. You don't typically find the fire and animus among people on the left as you do on the right and that's probably because the power typically is in the hands of the right. Consequently, they'll hold onto it for dear life while any small victory is celebrated and shuts up the left.

It's been this way forever, it seems. A dog is always going to be happy eating the crumbs off of his master's table but the master won't ever want to relent and let his dog have a seat there. We're not organized and that puts us at a leverage disadvantage in these situations. It's like the woman on E!'s fashion show who recently said that Zendaya's dreadlocked hair looked like it smelled like patchouli oil and weed. All she had to do was apologize and all is fine. Why?

That's typically a problem for progressives in this country, and since Black people seek more changes [[even still) to the systemic barriers before us, we are progressive by default. You don't typically find the fire and animus among people on the left as you do on the right and that's probably because the power typically is in the hands of the right. Consequently, they'll hold onto it for dear life while any small victory is celebrated and shuts up the left.

It's been this way forever, it seems. A dog is always going to be happy eating the crumbs off of his master's table but the master won't ever want to relent and let his dog have a seat there. We're not organized and that puts us at a leverage disadvantage in these situations. It's like the woman on E!'s fashion show who recently said that Zendaya's dreadlocked hair looked like it smelled like patchouli oil and weed. All she had to do was apologize and all is fine. Why?
    Blacks are always hiding behind that christianity crap. [[In a feeble voice) "Oh, we forgive you. It's what God wants us to do. If it were the other way around, they would forgive us." Bullshit! Slave owners used christianity to pacify the slaves. It worked out really well, didn't it? Meanwhile, if a Black person dares say, or do anything to, or against a White person, they never let anyone forget it. Never! Man, i'm still hearing about Tawana Brawley and Al Sharpton, all the while conveniently ignoring centuries of oppression and murder of Blacks people at their hands!
    Last edited by soulster; 02-26-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Blacks are always hiding behind that christianity crap. [[In a feeble voice) "Oh, we forgive you. It's what God wants us to do. If it were the other way around, they would forgive us." Bullshit! Slave owners used christianity to pacify the slaves. It worked out really well, didn't it? Meanwhile, if a Black person dares say, or do anything to, or against a White person, they never let anyone forget it. Never! Man, i'm still hearing about Tawana Brawley and Al Sharpton, all the while conveniently ignoring centuries of oppression and murder of Blacks people at their hands!
    Well did you hear that the Dept. of Justice cleared George Zimmerman the other day? There will be no further investigation by the DOJ!

I'm less convinced than you that any of this has to do with religion, but you can have that opinion. But in the same regard as your post, it amazes me when people are pissed off at the president for saying the obvious - that the problem with terrorism is not a problem with Islam - while distancing themselves from ostensibly 'Christian' movements like the KKK and the Aryan Nation. If you ever find yourself caught up in a debate over fundamentalism and they try to throw that 'don't trust Muslims' BS out there, watch what happens when you mention the KKK, the Aryan Brotherhood, the Irish Republican Army, or the Crusades.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Well did you hear that the Dept. of Justice cleared George Zimmerman the other day? There will be no further investigation by the DOJ!
    The same thing with Ferguson, BTW. It doesn't matter anyway, the NYPD has been found in violation of civil rights consistently over the course of decades, yet they still stop and frisk Blacks and hispanics four times as frequently as White people with minimal results to support the policy. The Justice Department might as well be the Just Us Department, because when it comes to getting fair treatment under the Constitution, it's just us seeking it.

I'm less convinced than you that any of this has to do with religion, but you can have that opinion. But in the same regard as your post, it amazes me when people are pissed off at the president for saying the obvious - that the problem with terrorism is not a problem with Islam - while distancing themselves from ostensibly 'Christian' movements like the KKK and the Aryan Nation. If you ever find yourself caught up in a debate over fundamentalism and they try to throw that 'don't trust Muslims' BS out there, watch what happens when you mention the KKK, the Aryan Brotherhood, the Irish Republican Army, or the Crusades.
    Oh, they'll probably say something like those groups aren't waging a world war, or didn't attack the twin towers or the pentagon.

Yet more than twice as many people were killed via lynching than were killed in 9/11. Consider the lost generations from just those you heard of like Emmitt Till, Medgar Evers, James Chaney, Andrew Goodman, and Michael Schwerner. To say the least about how many generations were lost via slavery and the 'justice' system. Looks like the argument about waging war doesn't apply.

Here's a good [[somewhat long) article about just that subject: http://www.npr.org/blogs/codeswitch/...hite-murderers

I didn't say this had to do with religion, but the Black response almost always is an act of forgiveness because of christian teachings.