[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I know. My point in mentioning it is that Black people always forgive people, while White people never let you forget.
    That's typically a problem for progressives in this country, and since Black people seek more changes [[even still) to the systemic barriers before us, we are progressive by default. You don't typically find the fire and animus among people on the left as you do on the right and that's probably because the power typically is in the hands of the right. Consequently, they'll hold onto it for dear life while any small victory is celebrated and shuts up the left.

It's been this way forever, it seems. A dog is always going to be happy eating the crumbs off of his master's table but the master won't ever want to relent and let his dog have a seat there. We're not organized and that puts us at a leverage disadvantage in these situations. It's like the woman on E!'s fashion show who recently said that Zendaya's dreadlocked hair looked like it smelled like patchouli oil and weed. All she had to do was apologize and all is fine. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    That's typically a problem for progressives in this country, and since Black people seek more changes [[even still) to the systemic barriers before us, we are progressive by default. You don't typically find the fire and animus among people on the left as you do on the right and that's probably because the power typically is in the hands of the right. Consequently, they'll hold onto it for dear life while any small victory is celebrated and shuts up the left.

It's been this way forever, it seems. A dog is always going to be happy eating the crumbs off of his master's table but the master won't ever want to relent and let his dog have a seat there. We're not organized and that puts us at a leverage disadvantage in these situations. It's like the woman on E!'s fashion show who recently said that Zendaya's dreadlocked hair looked like it smelled like patchouli oil and weed. All she had to do was apologize and all is fine. Why?
    Blacks are always hiding behind that christianity crap. [[In a feeble voice) "Oh, we forgive you. It's what God wants us to do. If it were the other way around, they would forgive us." Bullshit! Slave owners used christianity to pacify the slaves. It worked out really well, didn't it? Meanwhile, if a Black person dares say, or do anything to, or against a White person, they never let anyone forget it. Never! Man, i'm still hearing about Tawana Brawley and Al Sharpton, all the while conveniently ignoring centuries of oppression and murder of Blacks people at their hands!
    Last edited by soulster; 02-26-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Blacks are always hiding behind that christianity crap. [[In a feeble voice) "Oh, we forgive you. It's what God wants us to do. If it were the other way around, they would forgive us." Bullshit! Slave owners used christianity to pacify the slaves. It worked out really well, didn't it? Meanwhile, if a Black person dares say, or do anything to, or against a White person, they never let anyone forget it. Never! Man, i'm still hearing about Tawana Brawley and Al Sharpton, all the while conveniently ignoring centuries of oppression and murder of Blacks people at their hands!
    Well did you hear that the Dept. of Justice cleared George Zimmerman the other day? There will be no further investigation by the DOJ!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Well did you hear that the Dept. of Justice cleared George Zimmerman the other day? There will be no further investigation by the DOJ!
    The same thing with Ferguson, BTW. It doesn't matter anyway, the NYPD has been found in violation of civil rights consistently over the course of decades, yet they still stop and frisk Blacks and hispanics four times as frequently as White people with minimal results to support the policy. The Justice Department might as well be the Just Us Department, because when it comes to getting fair treatment under the Constitution, it's just us seeking it.

I'm less convinced than you that any of this has to do with religion, but you can have that opinion. But in the same regard as your post, it amazes me when people are pissed off at the president for saying the obvious - that the problem with terrorism is not a problem with Islam - while distancing themselves from ostensibly 'Christian' movements like the KKK and the Aryan Nation. If you ever find yourself caught up in a debate over fundamentalism and they try to throw that 'don't trust Muslims' BS out there, watch what happens when you mention the KKK, the Aryan Brotherhood, the Irish Republican Army, or the Crusades.

I'm less convinced than you that any of this has to do with religion, but you can have that opinion. But in the same regard as your post, it amazes me when people are pissed off at the president for saying the obvious - that the problem with terrorism is not a problem with Islam - while distancing themselves from ostensibly 'Christian' movements like the KKK and the Aryan Nation. If you ever find yourself caught up in a debate over fundamentalism and they try to throw that 'don't trust Muslims' BS out there, watch what happens when you mention the KKK, the Aryan Brotherhood, the Irish Republican Army, or the Crusades.
    Oh, they'll probably say something like those groups aren't waging a world war, or didn't attack the twin towers or the pentagon.

I didn't say this had to do with religion, but the Black response almost always is an act of forgiveness because of christian teachings.