[REMOVE ADS]

Shirley MacLaine Questioning The Holocaust And Also Stephen Hawking

I'm sorry that I actually read the article. Trying to unread it now, but the stain seems to be stuck on the fabric of my brain. I'm not sure the context of either passage in her memoir, but it really doesn't matter. She must have had some of what Mel Gibson drank to put such boneheaded suppositions into print.

I feel as you do, Jerry. MacLaine has taken her guesswork to a whole new level of absurdity based on her belief in past lives. It's one thing for her to qualify her life on those beliefs, quite another to apply it to someone else's. I wish I could simply view what she said as insensitive and unthinking but the aspect of ugliness is just too pervasive to me.

It is clear that Shirley MacLaine will never be more than simply a well-known actress.

Shirley MacLaine is a self-regarding woman who clearly cares only for what she alone thinks. She has no thought for anyone else, no regard for their feelings, nor the feelings of their loved ones.

There can be no compliment anyone could pay Shirley MacLaine that she has not already paid herself.

The woman may be ill but, more likely, chooses to act the fool and,therefore, should be accepted and regarded as one.

That completely discharges any duty I may instinctively feel to have any consideration for Shirley MacLaine, or regard any contribution she may have made in her life as being positive.

In this and any other life, past or future, it is tempting to follow her own example , and to simply yet fervently wish that she and others like her do not exist, never did, and never will.