[REMOVE ADS]

The Real Grammy Snub - JIMMY

Gee, that's a real shame....I stopped watching "award" shows long ago...Noticed that one poster who commented said that his name appeared on the "2nd sheet" of Memorials that was presented the following night which wasn't televised[[?)..

Still don't make it "right"......

There should be an "Unsung" on him....Long overdue....

S.S. - do you know if this is the works yet?

Thank you, Destruction.

They also renegged on the special Grammy opting to go with bigger deceased artists like George Harrison.
    I was told conflicting stories right up to a couple weeks before the show aired. As well as negative stories about the producer.

GrtGzu, No, none that I am aware of.

S.S.

Just the fact that the Academy couldn't see their way clear to do a little memorial of Jimmy, who had a ton more cred than any one there that night simply reinforces my decision not to waste my time watching the show.

That's just wrong...I wish Kanye had jumped up on the stage to protest THIS...

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sister View Post
    Thank you, Destruction.

They also renegged on the special Grammy opting to go with bigger deceased artists like George Harrison.
    I was told conflicting stories right up to a couple weeks before the show aired. As well as negative stories about the producer.

S.S.
    Stay strong Soul Sister. Your beloved Jimmy knows youve got his back and is watching over you.

Shame on the Grammy commitee.

May God continue to bless you.

Fondly,

Roberta

So obviously remembered by many SS. And by many people on SD.

Totally agree that Kanye should have used his seconds on something worthwhile like making this remembrance.

Thank you, Destruction.

S.S.
    Sister, that was disrespectful by NARAS and the Grammy's producers on so many levels. It's happen before. I recall once they used the wrong picture for a recently deceased artist. They used the picture of someone else. I did not watch the Grammy's this year or the prior year. There was a time when I would not miss seeing Grammys no matter where I was. They can do better.

I thought I had missed it in the broadcast. I replayed it; nope, not there. For once, Des, you got it right.
    SS, it was on the Yahoo home page this morning about Jimmy.

Name:  JSbCardFront.JPG
Views: 240
Size:  21.5 KB
    Name:  JSbCardInside.JPG
Views: 245
Size:  35.1 KB
    Name:  JSbDCardFront.JPG
Views: 250
Size:  29.1 KB
    Name:  JSbDCardBack.JPG
Views: 231
Size:  31.8 KB
    Name:  JSbDCardInside.JPG
Views: 247
Size:  24.7 KB

Jeannie,

Don't know if you remember these. My girls posted these on SDF about 9 or 10 years ago for Jimmy's birthday.

Later, you sent them that amazingly adorned package with Jimmy's DVD and music, which we used to play for dinner music.

Dije was really looking forward to meeting you guys in Vegas this past summer.....as much as the competition.

Ever, since she decided she wants a career in vocal music, she's wanted to have a master class with Jimmy to learn how to put feelings and emotions into the song, without dancing all over the stage.....just by facial expressions and voice control. He has been one of her true inspirations.

Hopefully we'll be in touch soon....take care.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    For once, Des, you got it right.
    I pretty much get it right once a day on average. Sometimes not at all....and other times Twice.

Des, hug those amazing babies for me, even if they are pretty grown now.
    Bless their hearts.

Thank You, Ralph and everyone for your support. Much appreciated.
    One thing I learned from Jimmy is not to be afraid of being yourself and speaking from your true heart.
    Ralph, I just touched on Jimmy's cred, there is so much more, too much to write for the Hollywood Reporter.
    Stu, good thought but I'd rather not have Kanye be the one speaking out, I don't feel he is respected by many but.....I would of loved to see Pharrell or someone like that speak up, even Madonna who adored Jimmy.

Bless you Roberta, I was just speaking with Jimmy as I do everyday. Yes, he is here with me.

Much Love my fellow SDF family.
    S.S.

BTW, there was also another glaring omission from jazz [[America's only original music), that was NEA Jazz Master great Gerald Wilson.

Shame on NARAS! Which the telecast is pretty much controlled by one person the producer.

Also belonging up there is The Manhattans founding members Sonny Bivins & Blue Lovett among many that should have been there over others who came later or were unheard of. SMH!

S.S.

Des, hug those amazing babies for me, even if they are pretty grown now.
    Bless their hearts.

Thank You, Ralph and everyone for your support. Much appreciated.
    One thing I learned from Jimmy is not to be afraid of being yourself and speaking from your true heart.
    Ralph, I just touched on Jimmy's cred, there is so much more, too much to write for the Hollywood Reporter.
    Stu, good thought but I'd rather not have Kanye be the one speaking out, I don't feel he is respected by many but.....I would of loved to see Pharrell or someone like that speak up, even Madonna who adored Jimmy.

Bless you Roberta, I was just speaking with Jimmy as I do everyday. Yes, he is here with me.

Much Love my fellow SDF family.
    S.S.
    Your beloved Jimmy will always be with you Soul Sister and when God calls you home Jimmy will be the one that take your hand and lead you to Gods Heavenly Mansion where youll be reunited for all eternity.

"And since I'm going away to prepare a place for you, I'll come back again and welcome you into my presence, so that you may be where I am"

You are always in my prayers dearest.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    That's just wrong...I wish Kanye had jumped up on the stage to protest THIS...
    I as well - but honestly - do you think the Kanye-JZ-Kim-Beyonce etc crowd has any idea of who Mr. Jimmy Scott is?

Yes, Ms. SS - We wish you well, health, happiness, and memories of your wonderfully talented husband.

Dearest Roberta,
    That was such a lovely thing to say and the quote touched me, I appreciate it more than I can say. THANK YOU!! I know he will be waiting.

Have a nice day.
    S.S.