Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
I still have an analog land telephone line in spite of the phone company trying hard to get me to go cellular or digital. At some point, I'll have to switch because they're about to stop repairing the infrastructure in the US.

I also pay 90% of my retail transactions with cash, which seems to surprise some of the cashiers. And I suspect that I'm in the minority by doing most of my browsing on a PC instead of a laptop, phone or tablet. The good news about all of it is that I can fall off the grid with relative ease if I suddenly need to 'disappear'.
Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  21.1 KB
Same for me with analog phone with wire to the wall. I only got my first mobile phone about 1.5 years ago. I have an old-style mobile phone -not a smart phone. I don't play games on it nor use The Internet. I don't have a tablet. I use a huge I-Mac tabletop for my Internet cruising, except when I travel. Then I use a big MacBook with the biggest screen [[I hate small screens). I ALWAYS use cash. I use no heating in my housein The Netherlands -even in mid winter [[just blankets and clothing. Same in my house in USA, and my flat in Munich, Germany, and in the guest house I stay in Denmark. I don't have a car in Europe.I have a car in USA, but drive it less than 3,000 miles per year. When I was a kid, no one had TVs in their house. We didn't have dryers for our old, round washing machines. We hung clothes on the lines out in the back yard, to dry in the wind. We shoveled coal into a furnace in the basement for forced heat, and burned trash in an incinerator. We didn't have garbage disposals. Our house had an ice box [[cabinet with metal "safe door" to store food next to a large ice block that was delivered by the ice man in a horse-pulled wagon. I used a 1938 Olympia typewriter with wafer-top keys. We read comic books. We had a 1939 Canadian Mercury. My parents had a Garrard 78 phonograph. My first of my own was a 1955 Garrard 78/33/45 adaptable turntable.