[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Cheney wants to know why drag queens are OK

That’s an easy question to answer! Because, in a free and democratic society, all individuals are entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    That’s an easy question to answer! Because, in a free and democratic society, all individuals are entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
    That didn't answer anything if you take into consideration the other part of her question about Blackface. Didn't you read the article?

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    That didn't answer anything if you take into consideration the other part of her question about Blackface. Didn't you read the article?
    I sure did, and I stand by my reply.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    I sure did, and I stand by my reply.
    Well, it's not much of one, but you're entitled to it.

Well, it's not much of one, but you're entitled to it.
    You know what I don't like? When one group tries to equate their unfair treatment to the history of misery another group has experienced.

Crystaledwards Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You know what I don't like? When one group tries to equate their unfair treatment to the history of misery another group has experienced.
    This coming from the Rick Santorum of YouTube.

CE

They're completely different. In Blackface, members of a majority group are made up to look like members of a minority group. In drag, it's the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystaledwards View Post
    This coming from the Rick Santorum of YouTube.

CE
    Who dat??????

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    They're completely different. In Blackface, members of a majority group are made up to look like members of a minority group. In drag, it's the other way round.
    They were made to look inhuman. They were made to look distorted and baffoonish. They were made to look, less than normal................

They were made to look inhuman. They were made to look distorted and baffoonish. They were made to look, less than normal................
    It's not that long ago since we last discussed the subject of Blackface when talking about Al Jolson. The consensus was that even if it had ever been acceptable, that time was long gone.

Crystaledwards Guest
    Who dat??????
    "dat" my dear marvin, is the one of the greatest bigots the far right has to offer.

http://www.advocate.com/news/daily-n...worse-convicts

CE

This woman has clearly never been to a drag show or known anyone who does drag.

Drag has nothing to do with reinforcing any "stereotypes." Women do drag, too. Are they reinforcing "male stereotypes?" Nope. A lot of men and women who do drag do it as an outlet for their desire to express particular "feminine" or "masculine" traits [[be it in dress, body language, performance, etc.) that is still not acceptable in mainstream society. I have never met one single woman who has been offended by men in drag. In fact, I've been to quite a number of drag shows and most of the audience IS WOMEN. Many drag performers work incredibly hard to emulate, in great detail, the appearance, artistry, and mannerisms of their idols. It has nothing to do with making fun of genders. In fact it is the OPPOSITE.

Blackface, however, has been used to humiliate a race and entertain people AT THE EXPENSE of that race. No one does blackface because they have a desire to connect with black culture. Those who do respect the culture will emulate the musical and dance traditions [[hip-hop, "blue-eyd soul," etc.) - not paint their face.

Black people don't attend blackface shows. Women attend drag shows. If she cannot see the difference, there is no help for her.

I know all about drag queens,my wife whose the queen of this castle used to drag me to her parents house even when i didn't want to go,which was all of the time.

You can either laugh with people or you can laugh at them. Most drag queens [[is that still an acceptable phrase??) respect the women they emulate. They take great care to appear as much like them as possible, even to the point that they can fool many, if not most, men. Blackface is just the opposite. Not only do they disrespect Black people, but they go out of their way to look as cartoonish and foolish as possible while doing it. She is an idiot to try to race bait in such an obvious way.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I know all about drag queens,my wife whose the queen of this castle used to drag me to her parents house even when i didn't want to go,which was all of the time.
    Hahahahahah! Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    You can either laugh with people or you can laugh at them. Most drag queens [[is that still an acceptable phrase??) respect the women they emulate. They take great care to appear as much like them as possible, even to the point that they can fool many, if not most, men. Blackface is just the opposite. Not only do they disrespect Black people, but they go out of their way to look as cartoonish and foolish as possible while doing it. She is an idiot to try to race bait in such an obvious way.
    Yes, 'drag queen' is perfectly acceptable!

Hey JAI, I had some Hooch on Thursday that could rival anything you have.........hehehehehehehe!

So, why don't one of you tweet Mary Cheney and let her know.

hey jai, i had some hooch on thursday that could rival anything you have.........hehehehehehehe!
    hey marv,sounds great bu oe small thing...if you poured you hooch on plants woud they sprout ten feet?only geuine hoch does that..oh and does it come with a warning from every known medical society begging you never to actually drink this wonderul elixur,because if it doesn't then you've been drinking[koolaid]my friend.

hey marv,sounds great bu oe small thing...if you poured you hooch on plants woud they sprout ten feet?only geuine hoch does that..oh and does it come with a warning from every known medical society begging you never to actually drink this wonderul elixur,because if it doesn't then you've been drinking[koolaid]my friend.
    Naw, but the hooch I had was home made by this gentleman in this tiny Ohio town. You have to stay away from any and all open flames within a mile of opening the bottle! He said it was 160 proof! I believe it was of a measure that cannot measure yet! You have to sip it very slowly.........LOL!!!!

So, why don't one of you tweet Mary Cheney and let her know.
    FYI, she doesn't have a Twitter account.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    FYI, she doesn't have a Twitter account.
    Well rply on Facebook...whatever. Her Facebook account is probably locked down so she doesn't have to deal with any blowback from her asinine comments.

Probably. I'm not part of Facebook, though. Can't put all of my business out there like many of my associates do.