[REMOVE ADS]

Peaches & herb unsung

wow thanks

edafan

The scene in which Herb speaks about Donna Summer and Kenny Rogers performing "Reunited" at the Grammys should have been clarified by the producers. Donna and Kenny were performing a medley of the songs of the year, which was common every year back then. The editing made it appear as though Peaches and Herb were being passed over to perform "Reunited" on the Grammys when the case was, I reiterate, that Donna and Kenny were singing a medley of the songs nominated for songs of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyone71 View Post
    The scene in which Herb speaks about Donna Summer and Kenny Rogers performing "Reunited" at the Grammys should have been clarified by the producers. Donna and Kenny were performing a medley of the songs of the year, which was common every year back then. The editing made it appear as though Peaches and Herb were being passed over to perform "Reunited" on the Grammys when the case was, I reiterate, that Donna and Kenny were singing a medley of the songs nominated for songs of the year.
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw the show. I actually remember watching that ceremony and seeing Donna and Kenny do the medley. But it seems as if Peaches and Herb remember it as a slight to them instead of a usual Grammy thing at the time.

Otherwise, I did think it was a good episode.

There story of how he got shot didn't seem right.
    Last edited by skooldem1; 01-27-2015 at 01:15 PM.

that's really sad that "Peaches" & Herb took that as a slight . I wanna see this episode when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    that's really sad that "Peaches" & Herb took that as a slight . I wanna see this episode when I get a chance.
    I had forgotten about that occasional tradition of having someone sing a medley of the best nominated songs. It happens on the Grammys and the Oscars from time to time.
    It was really disingenuous of them to portray as some sort of conspiratorial slight. It makes me think less of them.

And the fact that Herb's insecurities prevented the most well known Peaches from other opportunities wasn't cool either.

Most "Unsung" episodes trigger at least a Greatest Hits recharting on iTunes R&B Album chart. Ironically, It has yet to happen for Peaches & Herb though it was an interesting episode.

IT was a good show, although at times it was a little difficult to keep up with all the changes Herb went through.

"The Sweethearts of Soul" Francine Barker & Herb Fame.

Francine was the best Peaches & original Peaches, she had the sweetest voice and a natural stage presence, he delivery was everything.
    I saw them both at the Apollo [[never forgot Herb's green suit with matching green alligator shoes, lol) and at the Howard Theater.

S.S.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    There story of how he got shot didn't seem right.
    His explaination was a bit confusing, but, as Mr. Feemster became a police officer after that, i'm sure he did his own little investigation. The good thing is that he lived, and lives well today.

I'm happy that this episode had a nice conclusion, for a change.

I sure wish I could find the one about Con Funk Shun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    evented the most well known Peaches from other opportunities wasn't cool either.
    I don't see it as an insecurity. I see it has him trying to maintain the ethical integrity of the duo. After all, you have to admire his staunch commitment to never cheat on his wife in that kind of business, where it would be so easy to do so with young women throwing themselves at his feet, and she even gave him her blessing to "get some". I respect his resistance!

Think about it: people who become law enforcement tend to be conservative, and have a strong work ethic. That would explain why Herb had such strong ground rules of not messing around with the brand, although he couldn't stop Linda having an affair with their manager.

But, by 1981, or so, he should have seen the writing on the wall and let her do her thing. But, like I said, it all worked out in the end, and everyone lived happily...except for the original Peaches. R.I.P.

I wish Sony would remaster their 60s albums, and Universal would remaster "Twice The Fire", and "Worth The Wait", and get them all on Pono.
    Last edited by soulster; 01-29-2015 at 01:04 PM.

I guess the "Peaches" I saw in person in '67 was Marlene , she was real pretty & sounded good even though the acoustics in the old Orlando Sports Stadium were pretty bad.

it was good to see a story have a happy ending for people.

Francine "Peaches" R.I.P

edafan

It was a good show though I was disappointed that they didn't showcase the second Peaches, can't remember her name. I believe she sang on "Two Little Kids". Although Linda Greene is my home girl [[DC, yeah), I liked the 60s Peaches [[both Francine and the one that sang on "TLK" were my favorites).

I liked Francine too she was my favorite Peaches. Had no idea that the PR people were the ones who kept telling Herb to act like he was in love with the first Peaches even though he was married. Wow I got a kick out of Mrs Feemster giving Herb PERMISSION to be with a woman or letting Linda know she can grab him in the back but you cant do anything in the front...LOL.

When they spoke of the singles and albums that didnt do well I DO remember Roller Skating Mate I used to like that song. Again this UNSUNG had a happy ending and Linda Greene has aged well good to see she is still out there singing on the gospel circuit and doing mighty works with her husband.

Yes Stephanie I had to chuckle too, da wife was a trip. Francine was married too.

That reminds me when Billy Vera & Judy Clay first hit the Apollo stage with "Storybook Children" holding hands and Judy was obviously pregnant and the audience gasped. Everyone thought they were an interracial couple, they didn't know Billy was even white, lol, when in fact they were just singing partners and Judy's husband was backstage.

Was a good episode.

S.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sister View Post
    "The Sweethearts of Soul" Francine Barker & Herb Fame.

Francine was the best Peaches & original Peaches, she had the sweetest voice and a natural stage presence, he delivery was everything.
    I saw them both at the Apollo [[never forgot Herb's green suit with matching green alligator
    shoes, lol) and at the Howard Theater.
    S.S.
    She does have a sweet voice. I never paid attention to that till I watched a bit of this show. I like sweet voice female singers like the late Sonji Clay and Jo Jo [[Mary Jane Girls) singing the slower songs. I'm going to watch all of it when I get home. With Valentine Day coming up, the music of Peaches & Herb's is a perfect fit for that day.

She knew what to do on stage too, Mr. June. She had a great delivery in both voice and facial expression. Her charisma drew you in.

S.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sister View Post
    She knew what to do on stage too, Mr. June. She had a great delivery in both voice and facial expression. Her charisma drew you in.

S.S.
    S.S., do you know if there are any clips of them singing live or on some TV show?

A few years ago a friend invited me to an event that she would be working at with her job [[which is a company that does community outreach). It happened to be at a location right in the middle of the hood but It was one of the most beautiful events I ever attended. It was Linda Green and her husband and they gave back to the community in a big way. They had tents set up offering FREE haircuts to the young men; giving away food; offering various health screenings; referral services for financial assistance; giving away bicycles; raffles giving away large televisions, iPods and all sorts of nice gifts. There was gospel entertainment and games that the entire crowd [[which consisted of hundreds of people) could participate in. They ministered to the crowd in a very loving not so in your face kind of way. I was glad to see that they mentioned their ministry on the episode. That was real ministry

Yes, check out youtube, Mr. June.

S.S.

Hi!

We had our wedding day celebration in one night club here in Helsinki in the early 80s, and the stars of the show were - Peaches and Herb!

Best regards
    Heikki