[REMOVE ADS]

Health of Cindy Birdsong...

I have always been a tremendous fan of Cindy Birdsong. When there were naysayers who thought The Supremes were "over" when Florence was replaced [[including some at Motown) in came the gorgeous Ms. Birdsong and The Supremes reached new heights. Maybe not in record sales but in their iconic status. I believe she and Dennis Edwards were the greatest replacements in Motown group history. If Ms. Birdsong was part of a Supremes lineup, it was still The Supremes. Other lineups not so much.

I was wondering if anyone knew of how Cindy Birdsong is doing healthwise. There are many rumors but it would be nice to know the truth. We all pray that she is getting better and experiencing great health. A lady was an integral member of two great female groups deserves that.

Hello-

I think if you search the "Motown Forum" section, there are several threads dedicated to this same topic. Perhaps they include the information you are seeking.

Cheers.

My thoughts and prayers are with her. She is a really sweet person [[had the pleasure to meet her once) and it is sad to see the physical and emotional pain she has dealt with in her life. I wish her only the best.

Quote Originally Posted by cleoharvey View Post
    I have always been a tremendous fan of Cindy Birdsong. When there were naysayers who thought The Supremes were "over" when Florence was replaced [[including some at Motown) in came the gorgeous Ms. Birdsong and The Supremes reached new heights. Maybe not in record sales but in their iconic status. I believe she and Dennis Edwards were the greatest replacements in Motown group history. If Ms. Birdsong was part of a Supremes lineup, it was still The Supremes. Other lineups not so much.

I was wondering if anyone knew of how Cindy Birdsong is doing healthwise. There are many rumors but it would be nice to know the truth. We all pray that she is getting better and experiencing great health. A lady was an integral member of two great female groups deserves that.
    Hi - Cindy is not well. I had a prior thread here which I requested be deleted as some of our resident trolls degraded it. I recommend you visit this link; you will see that the efforts are supported by recognizable names. Scroll to the "Supreme Voices" post. Best to you -
    https://www.facebook.com/rickgianatos?fref=t

Here's an article by Sharon Davis on the SoulMusic.com site that mentions Cindy, the benefit remix, and the names-we-know who are involved with and supporting the effort. it would be great if this effort were successful.
    http://www.soulmusic.com/index.asp?S=1&T=38&ART=14279