[REMOVE ADS]

Gladys Knight on Empire

Gladys was on the TV show Empire last night and sang beautifully. The show airs every Wednesday, after Idol, on FOX.
    Last edited by MrTopCat; 01-22-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTopCat View Post
    Gladys was on the TV show empore.last night and sang beautifully. The show airs every Wednesday, after Idol, on FOX.
    Missed it. Darn it!

I did not know she was on the show. That's a nice surprise. I watch it every week but didn't watch last night's. I DVR'd it. It'll be the first show on my DVR that I watch . Thanks

I just read that Cuba Gooding Jr. was on the show too. I'll watch it lunchtime. Interesting article about the show with Gladys and Cuba here. I didn't read too much of it since I didn't watch the show yet, but I did read enough to know that Gladys just sang and didn't act.

http://www.thebacklot.com/empire-episode-1-3/01/2015/

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I just read that Cuba Gooding Jr. was on the show too. I'll watch it lunchtime. Interesting article about the show with Gladys and Cuba here. I didn't read too much of it since I didn't watch the show yet, but I did read enough to know that Gladys just sang and didn't act.

I watched Cuba Gooding Jr. last night in the excellent Canadian mini series "The Book of Negroes". The best mini-series since Roots in my opinion.

She did not act, but quite a lot of characters are introduced like that on Empire and come back later. Cuba was on for just a little while but I have a feeling he's gonna be playing a major role in it down the line.

Niomi Watts was on too.

S.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sister View Post
    Niomi Watts was on too.

S.S.
    I think you meant Naomi Campbell, who has a recurring role.

Dadgummit, I missed it too. My partner and I watched the first two episodes last night. Very sudsy and trashy [[in a kinda good way). Don't mean to be a spoiler, but did anybody catch the Motown-related touch in the second episode? Terrence Howard's character wants a young, established hip-hop artist to serve as an up-and-comer's sponsor in the business, "like Diana Ross did for the Jackson 5." The hip-hop star replies, "Who's Diana Ross?" We howled. Love Lee Daniels.

yes, saw that, was cute.. and great promo for Ross, if you think about it, considering how big this show is,and the perpetuation of 'the myth'... and then Gladys Knight on on the week after!!

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post

Cuba Gooding was real good on Empire this. Week and I think hes going to have a recurring role as the songwriter from Cookies past.

Gladys knight had about 29 seconds of airtime.

i think Lucious is messing with the wrong man when he mess with his Gay son. Lucious is a Bas**rd and is gonna get his commupannce from Coookie and his sons. IM loving Empire.

Roberta