[REMOVE ADS]

Barry White receives star on Hollywood Walk of Fame 2013

Glodean gives a shout out to Berry Gordy who is also in attendance. Love Unlimited was THE female group of the Mid 70's for me. Barry clearly looked to Motown for his styling but Barry White took it to another place with his 40 piece Orchestra. Glodean imo was the Wanda of the 70's both in look and in sound.

So will we ever get Love Unlimited's "Under the Influence of Love", GOLD, #3 Top 200/R&B album on CD or at least as a remastered download album?
    A 40 year old hit album has never been released on CD in any country. Quite strange and bewildering.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Thanks for the referral.

Yes a Love Unlimited Box set or Anthology would be great . I can listen to their first three albums from beginning to end and I enjoy every single track!

Nice move and well deserved,oh and glodean is still fine,wow.

I believe "Love's Theme" first appeared on Love Unlimited's "Under the Influence...". before it became a #1 Hot 100/R&B smash. "Under the Influence..." was a rites of passage album in 1973. The underground black & gay clubs would often open and close the evening with "Love's Theme" and then throughout the evening, various cuts would be played from the album before there was a 12 inch format. It was a big club hit before it broke at radio.
    "It Must be Winter Outside" was a total ripoff of The Supremes "Everything's Good About You". So it's nice to hear that Mr. White identified himself as a disciple of Motown.
    [[I cannot believe that Glodean is still sporting those frightening long fingernails...

So will we ever get Love Unlimited's "Under the Influence of Love"

Bokilius, there is one! At a steep price tho!

http://www.amazon.com/Under-The-Infl...9G8KZZNQD0GHKP

Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    "It Must be Winter Outside" was a total ripoff of The Supremes "Everything's Good About You". So it's nice to hear that Mr. White identified himself as a disciple of Motown.
    "It May Be Winter Outside [[But In My Heart It's Spring)" was first recorded by Felice Taylor in 1967. The tune was definitely Supremes/Motown inspired; Barry always credited Motown as being a huge influence. Both versions were great...

Here's Love Unlimited performing their version live:

Cool. Never knew anyone else did a version of this too. Listen to:

"Everything's good about you. I couldn't live without you....."

It was on "More Hits" and I think the first Supremes Greatest Hits because it was such a popular B-side.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    So will we ever get Love Unlimited's "Under the Influence of Love"

Bokilius, there is one! At a steep price tho!

http://www.amazon.com/Under-The-Infl...9G8KZZNQD0GHKP
    Thanks Jack020. Wooa! That is a steep price. Unfortunately, a record with the catalog release beginning in "ASIN" means that is an Amazon catalog number and not a legitimate label release. It probably is a CD-R burn.
    I have been able to compile about 75% of the album tracks from various compilations. Thankfully, it is a rather short release, about 30 minutes or so.
    But thanks for the additional research and information. The mystery continues.....

Quote Originally Posted by soulballad View Post
    Yes a Love Unlimited Box set or Anthology would be great . I can listen to their first three albums from beginning to end and I enjoy every single track!
    I had this release on vinyl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJZg5fxKwfs

and for the life of me I can't figure out why nobody has put together a box set on this
    group. I've been waiting years on just that. There has to be a reason and I hope it's not because some shady deal made years ago. Shit, most of already knew Barry was greatly
    influenced by Motown and it's girl groups but Love Unlimited did some stuff that was
    just as good or better than any of them and this is coming from a Marvelette junkie.
    Dang, wtf.........

Here is Barry Whites first record when he was a member of The Upfronts. From 1960,

Barry's first group, The Upfronts!

Attachment 8967

Of his very early stuff I like his Ray Charles styled Tracy [[All I Have Is you)

Does Love Unlimited Orchestra still tour?

soulballad, Many thanks for posting this video clip. Barry White more than deserved this tribute during his lifetime, but as Golden stated, better late than never. Very gracious of Berry Gordy to attend as well. Last spring I was in L.A. and quite by accident stumbled upon a Walk of Fame ceremony for Tavis Smiley. In attendance were Larry King and Jay Leno. So with any luck if one knows in advance of a ceremony, it is possible to get very close to the actual event.