[REMOVE ADS]

Russ Terrana interview

Many thanks to Carlo Overhulser for sending this my way. I'll have to ask Russ when this was done. Quite comprehensive.

http://tapeop.com/interviews/105/russ-terrana/

A must read and have done so already. Loved it. Great link.

Have to say that the mono 45 mix of Signed Sealed Delivered I'm Yours, is the only version I will every listen to.

This is the information I like!!!!

Thanks, Ralph! Great interview.

That was an informative read..thanks Ralph and Carlo

Hey, thanks for providing this cool interview, Ralph. I really enjoyed it! If there were a Mt. Rushmore of the world's best recording engineers/mixers/remixers, it would include Russ Terrana for Motown, Larry Levine [[Phil Spector's recording engineer), and Tom Moulton [["A Tom Moulton Mix") for The Philly Sound.. - Gary

Thank you Ralph [[and Russ)!

This is the kind of stuff I like to see here, and what could make this forum great. More, please!

I'm wondering which J5 single it was. It would have to be a single that had two releases. I wonder if it was "Mama's Pearl". Hmmmm...what's the history of the song "Forever Came Today". Isn't there like two or three mixes of that?

good stuff !!!!

thomas96 Guest
    Great stuff. Ralph, any way you could get Mike McLean to come back to the forum?

No question about it--a stellar interview. A fascinating read. Many thanks for posting, Ralph.

All that--plus Russ in 1960s 'continental pants' and no shirt pocket protector.

"Russ, you look sharp!"

Attachment 8948

Great link which I enjoyed reading. The information about the drums is fascinating I think - there is an article on the web which gives a bit of an insight but the Russ interview hints of a confused picture which seems to be true. Clearly whatever kit was there was hybrid [[that's not unusual of course). http://www.moderndrummer.com/site/20...s-of-motown/#_

Lovely stuff. Insights such as this are what I joined up for.

Many, many thanks for sharing this with us.

Thomas,
    Mike has been emailing me lately. I'll see if he will agree to come back on the forum.

I think he might if he sees that there is still a demand for technical discussion.

I's like to post a link to a Bob Ludwig interview in this month's Tape Op magazine, but it requires one to subscribe for free. I know Ludwig doesn't do much R&B, but he gives an interesting insight to the actual process. I notice the mastering guys here don't go into much detail about what they do on this forum, but I hope they know that there is a group of SDF members who love it. Actually, Ralph, I think it would be cool if you could set up a tech talk section. Then, I think Mike, and the others, would come back and participate more.

Thanks for the link Ralph. Great read.