[REMOVE ADS]

Ross Sports Double Leg Braces Shopping Last Thursday

thomas96 Guest
    Did she pick her nose or scratch her ass too?

Don't put too much emphasis on the airport wheelchair. Most times a walk through the airport is very long especially tiresome carrying anything. Diane is 70 years old.
    Using the wheelchair gets you to the front of the long lines at the metal detectors, also you get to board the plane first. Why wouldn't "Miss Ross" use the wheelchair service!

S.S.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Occasionally, but not in public. Motown Charm School & all.

Those knee braces are great for athletes, and for those of us "of a certain age" who have spent lots of time on our feet over the years, even if we're not athletes. Goodness knows Diane has spent plenty of time on her feet for decades so I can see how these gizmos would be helpful. Why this sort of thing makes news, however, confounds me but it does make news. Go figure. As for the use of a transport chair, a star of her magnitude and age — or anyone of that age for that matter — should not necessarily be expected to hoof it over the huge expanses which are today's airport concourses, especially if a tight connection has to be made. Many has been the time I've had to just about sprint to make a connection and barely made it, sometimes even wishing someone would be whooshing me along in a transport chair.

Funny...when I opened this thread, several different knee brace ads started popping up in the right sidebar!

LOL, about the sidebar ads!

This newspaper seems to follow Diana a lot.

Forget the braces...what's in them bags???

My hunch is . . .

Attachment 8952

Bet she can't eat just one.

Who can??!

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sister View Post
    Don't put too much emphasis on the airport wheelchair. Most times a walk through the airport is very long especially tiresome carrying anything. Diane is 70 years old.
    Using the wheelchair gets you to the front of the long lines at the metal detectors, also you get to board the plane first. Why wouldn't "Miss Ross" use the wheelchair service!

S.S.
    Thank you dear soul sister for being the voice of reason. Beside Diane Ross was a dedicated runner back in the 1970s and 1980s and I used to see her jog along Santa Monica boulevards is Beverly Hills when I work for a accounting company in Beverly hills in 1983. We all though jogging was real healthy but a lot of joggers now need new knees cause they wore them out.

fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Thank you dear soul sister for being the voice of reason. Beside Diane Ross was a dedicated runner back in the 1970s and 1980s and I used to see her jog along Santa Monica boulevards is Beverly Hills when I work for a accounting company in Beverly hills in 1983. We all though jogging was real healthy but a lot of joggers now need new knees cause they wore them out.

fondly,

Roberta
    In her book, Diana also mentioned that dancing and leaping in heels while filming THE WIZ affected her knees as well.

Dancing like Michael and Diana used to do required that they be reasonably good athletes.

Dancing in heels is crazy and was asking for a broken or sprained ankle.

thomas96 Guest
    She did not dance.

You must not be an athlete. Go take a look at some of her American Music Award performances. You have to be in shape to do that kind of thing. In her day, she was very athletic. Go try hold a pose with your legs and arms held in the positions she did while being carried off the stage by three men.

That took training and strength and skill.

thomas96 Guest
    I played football and basketball, I know all about it. She did not do anything impressive, nor difficult [[dancing-wise).

I played football and basketball, I know all about it. She did not do anything impressive, nor difficult [[dancing-wise).
    *** crickets***. NEXT !!?

supremester Guest
    Unless you played football and basketball in heels*, your experience has no impact on your ability to assess the difficulty Miss Ross' career has had on her physically.

*I'm not judging - I saw The World According To Garp twice.

supremester Guest
    Miss Ross has people to do that for her.

But nobodys much interested in y0u or what you played. This threads not about you.

Roberta

The point really is that Diana was a reasonably strong athlete and dancer in addition to being a gifted entertainer who is now iconic.

A view that there is too many threads or whatever or a few nutjobs who are obsessed by her don't change that. [[Oh and Thomas96 is not one of the nutjobs, didn't mean to imply that).