[REMOVE ADS]

EW's Must List of the week-Jackie Moore

The Atlantic recordings-along with a rave about her and her music.!

I did a session on Jackie Moore for Atlantic in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis_coffey View Post
    I did a session on Jackie Moore for Atlantic in Miami.
    Cool! Tell us ... Moore ... [[couldn't help it). Are you included in the credits? Was Miss Moore a known entity at the time?

I think she was from Jacksonville, FL. She had a single picked up by the Shout label for national distribution called "Here I Am", which was good. Most of her work was recorded in Florida, I believe, and then she did record for the T.K. label, Kayvette, I think it was called, which was part of the Henry Stone labels, but that was after being with Atlantic. She ended up being on Columbia.

While at Atlantic, she also recorded at Sigma Sound Studios in Philly. I loved those songs. Here's one of her most popular tunes from those sessions:

One of my favs from her T.K./Kayvette album:

Quote Originally Posted by no_place_like_motown View Post
    One of my favs from her T.K./Kayvette album:

Wonderful - a new one to me - thanks for posting.

Hi Luke. It was right after Jackie had a hit with Precious, Precious. I brought Funk Brothers Jack Ashford and Eddie Willis. I also brought Ray Monette from Rare Earth to the session. Dr. John played keyboards. Jerry Wexsler of Atlantic records offered me a job joining the Atlantic Rhythm section in Miami. I couldn't take it because I was making more money at Motown and the other projects I was doing in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Wonderful - a new one to me - thanks for posting.
    Robert, this Kayvette LP was produced by Brad Shapiro and it's a great one !

And easy to get at a low price : http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?sor...d=361249&ev=mb

Dennis, I bet you guys were on "Sometimes Its Got To Rain In Your Lovelife" which I know was recorded at Criteria in Miami. That's one of my faves by Jackie on Atlantic. "Make Me Feel Like A Woman" was real big down here but I never saw the LP in a store here , I just had the Kayvette 45's. Yes, about 1/2 of her Atlantic LP was recorded at Sigma in Philly with MFSB players & writers "SweetCharlie Babe" was Philly & almost made the Top 40. She had biggest success on Columbia with "This Time Baby" a disco hit from Philly which I think Bobby Eli produced.My other favorite of her Atlantic work was "Both Ends Against The Middle" , another Philly recording.

David,
    Thank you for starting this thread. Jackie Moore is one of my all-time favorites. I especially love the recordings she made in Philadelphia, like "If," "Clean Up Your Own Back Yard," and "Both Ends Against The Middle." Bobby Eli also produced some wonderful recordings with Jackie for Columbia like "This Time Baby," "Joe" and a duet with the Manhattans' Blue Lovett on "Love Won't Let Me Wait". Also on Columbia, Jackie did the original version of "Personally" [[a few years before Karla Bonoff). It was only a minor R&B hit, but it is a wonderful recording. I think the only place you can get it on CD is on the compilation Lost Soul [[a fantastic set that also includes Brenda & the Tabulations' beautiful "One Girl Too Late").

yes,JimBagley "Personally" is another great Jackie Moore 45 that I have. It got quite a bit of airplay here on the Soul Station. In the early 90's Jackie Moore came to a big club in Orlando and performed to pre-recorded tracks, but I missed it.

I remember working with producers Brad Shapiro and Dave Crawford in Miami. I also played on the Don't Knock my Love album on Wilson Pickett recorded in Muscle Shoals for them. I played on the following Wilson Pickett album recorded at RCA in Nashville too.

The only video of Jackie Moore I am aware of.......

and this person's youtube site is phenomenal...take a look through his selection