[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    As someone once said "I remember 'em too"! [[The lady yelling out from the Crowd on An Evening With Diana Ross ~ haven't heard it for years)!
    "You're alright Miss Ross!!!!!" [[applause)

[[D.R.) Where you been all my life???
    Last edited by LuvHangOva; 01-17-2015 at 01:13 PM.

supremester Guest
    I can! Roberta is too kind and gentle of a spirit to allow herself to wallow in the mud, but, I haven't showered in weeks anyway, so......

You are throwing shade to Miss Ross right in this thread by saying she was "coached" during Someday. She was not. She was ALSO not in the mood to record that day and with the crap Johnny Bristol was doing on her, I don't blame her. So, wanting to get a take on a rare session with Miss Ross, he tried to get her into the mood by singing with her. These are his words, btw. It's a slight distinction to be sure, but it IS your standard M.O. Ever heard of YOUTUBE, MWOS? You've said she's broke numerous times [[lost all her money in hedge funds LOL - good one) plays bad venues, lives off The Supremes' name, is washed up.......sound familiar)
    Speaking of Someday, I believe your info is all incrrect and would like to see the source. The source of my info is a personal interview I have on tape. Someday was not intended for anyone but Jr Walker. The track was cut for him. When Berry heard the demo, he knew what Ross could do with it and offered her to JB on it with the incentive that if it worked, it could easily be the debut solo single- JB jumped at the chance. Literally EVERYONE at Motown wanted to work with her and he had very limited access to her, so this was BIG for him as he KNEW that Ross' debut single would hit big "cuz Gordy would see to it." The session started out "rough' - she just simply didn't want to be there, but was getting into the track eventually and he didn't try to push her at all, just tried to help her feel the rhythm and groove by singing it with her. "Once she got into it, it was gold and we were both feeling it." The finished track was brought to BG who anounced it was going to be Ross' debut single [[at that point.) It had everything he wanted in it and was a definite #1. THEN, "The Weight" failed miserably and there was no interest in the tracks on "Together." Had The Weight hit big, that would have been the last DR&TS single and Someday would probably have been released Jan 15 1970. DR&TS schedule was kept tentative for the last 6 months of '69 presumably waiting for a hit, so The Frontier gig was hopefully going to be the finale. Then it was decided that both acts needed to go out on top no matter what, and Someday, already finished to perfection, would hopefully be the final DR&TS single. I don't know how Ross felt about this, but JB was not happy at all. He thought it was over for DR&TS and his first shot at a #1 was ruined. When it went platinum, he thought he had a lock on Ross, but nothing he brought to the table was accepted after that. Not once was Mary & Cindy mentioned and, frankly, not once have I heard a Mary/Cindy bg vocal that comes close to the bg on Someday - it would have been madness to use them. I do not believe, at all, it was ever, ever considered. Mary had the pipes, Cindy did not. That's why The Andantes are on all JMC/JML albums and many of the singles. Also, I believe, on a JMC vocal or two on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I didn't think you could........
    Last edited by supremester; 01-17-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I can! Roberta is too kind and gentle of a spirit to allow herself to wallow in the mud, but, I haven't showered in weeks anyway, so......

You are throwing shade to Miss Ross right in this thread by saying she was "coached" during Someday. She was not. She was ALSO not in the mood to record that day and with the crap Johnny Bristol was doing on her, I don't blame her. So, wanting to get a take on a rare session with Miss Ross, he tried to get her into the mood by singing with her. These are his words, btw. It's a slight distinction to be sure, but it IS your standard M.O. Ever heard of YOUTUBE, MWOS? You've said she's broke numerous times [[lost all her money in hedge funds LOL - good one) plays bad venues, lives off The Supremes' name, is washed up.......sound familiar)
    Speaking of Someday, I believe your info is all incrrect and would like to see the source. The source of my info is a personal interview I have on tape. Someday was not intended for anyone but Jr Walker. The track was cut for him. When Berry heard the demo, he knew what Ross could do with it and offered her to JB on it with the incentive that if it worked, it could easily be the debut solo single- JB jumped at the chance. Literally EVERYONE at Motown wanted to work with her and he had very limited access to her, so this was BIG for him as he KNEW that Ross' debut single would hit big "cuz Gordy would see to it." The session started out "rough' - she just simply didn't want to be there, but was getting into the track eventually and he didn't try to push her at all, just tried to help her feel the rhythm and groove by singing it with her. "Once she got into it, it was gold and we were both feeling it." The finished track was brought to BG who anounced it was going to be Ross' debut single [[at that point.) It had everything he wanted in it and was a definite #1. THEN, "The Weight" failed miserably and there was no interest in the tracks on "Together." Had The Weight hit big, that would have been the last DR&TS single and Someday would probably have been released Jan 15 1970. DR&TS schedule was kept tentative for the last 6 months of '69 presumably waiting for a hit, so The Frontier gig was hopefully going to be the finale. Then it was decided that both acts needed to go out on top no matter what, and Someday, already finished to perfection, would hopefully be the final DR&TS single. I don't know how Ross felt about this, but JB was not happy at all. He thought it was over for DR&TS and his first shot at a #1 was ruined. When it went platinum, he thought he had a lock on Ross, but nothing he brought to the table was accepted after that. Not once was Mary & Cindy mentioned and, frankly, not once have I heard a Mary/Cindy bg vocal that comes close to the bg on Someday - it would have been madness to use them. I do not believe, at all, it was ever, ever considered. Mary had the pipes, Cindy did not. That's why The Andantes are on all JMC/JML albums and many of the singles. Also, I believe, on a JMC vocal or two on TV.
    Oh you dont have to defend me dear. Im a grown woman and can sure handle him. Besides most in this here forum know what he say about Diane Ross here and else where.

thank you dear.

Fondly.

Roberta

supremester Guest
    You said it!