[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Bettye LaVette

Bettye LaVette

Hi!

Bettye talks about her forthcoming CD, "Worthy", at

http://www.soulexpress.net/deep1_2015.htm

There's also my review of "Respect", a new book on Aretha by David Ritz,
    and the ever-important "TOP-20 of 2014", which just shows what a great year it was for "veteran" lady soul singers.

Best regards
    Heikki

Hi!

One more thing to add:
    there's also a link to my complete Bettye LaVette story with an interview ten years ago.

Best regards
    Heikki

Great writing as usual Heikki. You have always been objective, fair, and honest in your writings.
    BTW, David Ritz is writing Bettye's bio.

S.S.

Dear Soul Sister!

Thank you very much! You're always so kind [[and send beautiful photos in FB :-).
    About that Bettye bio... "A Woman Like Me" with David Ritz was published two years ago. It was a great book - http://www.soulexpress.net/deep4_2012.htm#bettyelavette.
    Or is there another one coming out that I don't know about?

Best regards
    Heikki

OH! Guess I am behind the times, Heikki. :>)

Thanks, I'll have to ask David about a copy.

S.S.

With a brand-new album out this year [[Worthy) co-produced by Joe Henry, Bettye LaVette is hotter than ever, easily one of our greatest living soul singers and still an irresistible artistic force. So, we thought the time was right to reissue this collection featuring her complete recordings for the Atco and Atlantic labels, which previously came out only in a hard-to-find limited edition. The title, Child of the Seventies, is taken from a complete album that Bettye [[or Betty, as she was known back then) recorded for Atco back in November 1972; produced by Brad Shapiro [[most notable for his work with Millie Jackson), it s a raw soul masterpiece that the label inexplicably decided not to release [[it was only to see the light of day in 2000 on a European release and then on this compilation). But that s only the beginning of the gems that await you on this set: among the 10 bonus tracks are two tracks [[ Waiting for Tomorrow and Livin Life on a Shoestring ) that were previously unreleased until their debut here, plus single versions [[including a mono version of the brilliant Your Turn to Cry ) of album tracks and six more single sides, 22 deeply soulful tracks in all! David Nathan s notes follow the long and winding road these recordings took to being released. Essential soul!
    Release march 3, 2015.
    Check the Second Disc for details:
    http://theseconddisc.com/2015/01/15/...c-records-too/