[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Newspapers

Newspapers

Do you still read newspapers? Anyone still have a subscription?
    Last edited by skooldem1; 01-06-2015 at 02:02 PM.

My folks still subscribe to our local paper but I get my news on line. But I noticed that if I'm in a waiting room or hotel room with a complimentary newspaper, I tend to read everything in it, front to back. For some reason, I learn much more in an hour with a newspaper than I do from a day on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Do you still read newspapers? Anyone still have a subscription?
    I still have a mail order subscription to the Michigan Chronicle which is published weekly. The main reason I buy it is for Steve Holsey's Reflections column which is fabulous. I have been a subscriber for 20 years.

Am I the only forum member who reads the Michigan Chronicle? If so, you are missing a whole lot of good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I still have a mail order subscription to the Michigan Chronicle which is published weekly. The main reason I buy it is for Steve Holsey's Reflections column which is fabulous. I have been a subscriber for 20 years.

Am I the only forum member who reads the Michigan Chronicle? If so, you are missing a whole lot of good stuff.
    Nope! I've been reading it since I was a kid. I also had a mail order subscription from time to time when I lived in Philly and in Denver. I don't have one now. Steve's column was always the best way to know what was going on in music & entertainment. I love the Michigan Chronicle.

I subscribe to the Vancouver Sun and the National Post. Everyone in a while I find a fantastic music feature on a release I would normally not be aware of. The Sun had a half page feature on the recent release of John Coltrane's last concert at Temple University [[2 Disc set) just months before his untimely death at the age of 40 in 1967, which prompted me to purchase a copy.

I still get two papers delivered to my front door, NY DAILY NEWS and a local paper. Perhaps it is an age thing that older people can't let go. But I am watching the news about France on TV and looking at updates on line. Meantime, my two papers are sitting next to me unopened. I will read them later

So newspapers are not my first source of news anymore. But I still get them because sometimes I get a fuller story. But mostly, I think, it is just a habit that I like and do not want to give up

I still get the paper,too much techno this and that,keep your tablets i'll keep reading it in a real paper.