Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
Smark,

When you don't know what you're speaking about, when you speak without knowledge & you assume, you DON'T have ANYTHING right.

And if you've ever followed anything that I've ever done here regarding anything that i've ever done regarding memorials, you'd also know that in each & every case, I was INVITED to do so by someone in that artists' camp.

For example, the thread for Levi Stubbs was done with the permission, cooperation & request of the family. likewise for the memorial for Randy Cain & others.

In case you haven't noticed, I don't chase funerals nor memorials because I don't like being around death, nor people crying & being sad at the loss of a loved one.

If you need to know, not that I owe you nor anyone else any answers, I received a phone call asking me not only to take pictures, but to record the preceedings as well, which I did. During the conversation, it was crystal clear what I had planned to do & the person asking me referenced the thread that I did for James Brown which lies in our archives & they liked it.

My habit is NOT to violate the trust of anyone. Just as though I knew that Marvin Junior & Chuck Barksdale were sick, I didn't blast it to the world. I quietly asked permission from the camp of The Dells that we put it out there so that everyone could pray for both men & as Marvin's death was imminent, we could have a chance to express our love for him & to say goodbye while he could still see it, as opposed to being blindsided by his death as so often is the case whenever most of our icons "suddenly" pass away.

So I never announce nor post ANYTHING without permission, even when people ask me why a person needs to be kept in prayer. And everyone here knows that to be a fact.

THAT is exactly what I was asked to do & refused the offer of payment to do it. However, I would never throw those whom asked me to come down under the bus in order to prove anything to you nor anyone else. In fact, when I got wind of the complaints about the videos, I immediately got in touch with the person & they liked the pictures & assured me that what I did here was cool.

The problem wasn't with my PICTURES, the problem was with videos which were uploaded to Facebook by people whom were in attendance. People were discussing the performances & praising the performances & Blue as well.

It was said that those comments had some feeling as though they were talking about a concert, as opposed to remembering Blue. When I heard that, I thought that perhaps it would be best to remove this thread as well.

I was asked to take the links to the videos down from Facebook & to delete the videos & I complied with that. Despite being personally asked to do exactly what I did, there were a few family members who had a problem with the videos that were appearing in everyone's feed.

So Smark, if you'd been following anything that I've ever done here for more than 10 years, you'd know better than to make the idiotic statements that you just made. Everyone here knows that I don't do ANYTHING without receiving permission. And as there was NO announcement made during a PUBLIC memorial as regards no taping being allowed, people didn't know that uploading those videos were going to be found to be offensive by anyone.

I haven't a damn thing to be ashamed about, but you sure as hell do.

In your quest to chastise me, you made several leaps to conclusion & have no idea what you're talking about. Perhaps you should get the complete story before opening your mouth about things which you have no knowledge of. Because truthfully, you just made a complete fool of yourself.

And speaking about permission, you have my permission to remove your foot from your mouth. Nice try though.

Frankly, you haven't gotten a damn thing correct in anything that you wrote. Perhaps you should ask for the facts before assuming, as we all know what Felix Unger had to say about that.
Juice, I just love the way you do the things you do!