[REMOVE ADS]

Marvin Gaye - Woman Of The World

Did anyone know about this unreleased track by Marvin?

The song was written by Larry Mizell & Larry Gordon and was issued on the "Previously Unreleased 12" Vinyl: Blue Note's 75th Anniversary Celebration" in 2014.

This song rocks!! What a great treat to find on the last day of the year...

Last edited by no_place_like_motown; 12-31-2014 at 06:28 AM.

Here's the remix of "Where Are We Going" which was issued w/ "Woman Of The World" on Blue Note's 75th Anniversary vinyl set. The original unreleased version is on Marvin's "Let's Get It On" expanded edition CD. Another superb song!

Last edited by no_place_like_motown; 12-31-2014 at 06:27 AM.

It's a great track. Apparently this was recorded during the ill-fated You're the Man sessions that Marvin stopped midway because of the controversy surrounding the title track and its anti-Nixon/anti-government message.

Any idea of when this track was recorded? What year?

If I remember rightly, when Harry gave us advanced warning of the track's release earlier in 2014 I believe he said it came from the same Perren/Mizell sessions that produced 'Where Are We Going' - so that was circa June 28, July 2nd/3rd 1972.

Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    If I remember rightly, when Harry gave us advanced warning of the track's release earlier in 2014 I believe he said it came from the same Perren/Mizell sessions that produced 'Where Are We Going' - so that was circa June 28, July 2nd/3rd 1972.

Alanh, thank you!

With all the expanded/deluxe releases we have enjoyed so far I am very surprised that this was not included given what a great song it is. Looking on the positive side of things, perhaps there are still enough unreleased tracks by "The Master" to create more albums - please let this be the case!

Marvin recorded a lot of music in 1972. There are probably still some unearthed songs in the vaults that have YET to be released!