[REMOVE ADS]

Anyway You Like it Expanded with original [[?) Do You Know...

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=4948 Apparently Do You Know was released in New Zealand. Was it going to be released in U.S.? How did Diana end up with it?
    Last edited by luke; 12-24-2014 at 04:49 PM.

This is absolutely THRILLING news for me!!! I adore this LP; my copy has been lost to the sands of time for about 15 years and I cannot WAIT until this hits the shelves!!! Good to see "One out of Every Six" represented, albeit censored [[love when she says "S#!t"! ). As for "Do You Know...," beats me. I know that a version appears in Norman, Is That You? alongside Thelma's contributions that sounds nothing like Thelma or Diana. Maybe one of our resident certified Motown Forum geniuses can fill us in. Merry Christmas, all!

According to J. Randy Taborrelli, DO YOU KNOW... had been floating around Motown for a few years before Thelma recorded it and it was due for release. Rob Cohen, the producer of MAHOGANY, was walking around Motown when he heard Thelma's version of DO YOU KNOW... playing. He poked his head in Suzanne dePasse's office and told her that he wanted the song for his film. Suzanne replied that Thelma wouldn't be happy. When Berry heard the song, he agreed with Rob that it would be a great theme for the film.

Thanks Luke for alerting me to this forthcoming release. I've ordered my copy :-)

This is very good news.

Thelma's version of DYKWYGT. Not a bad version, but prefer Diana's...