[REMOVE ADS]

Two N.Y.P.D. Officers Are Killed in Brooklyn Ambush!

I was afraid something like this was going to happen but not surprised:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/21/ny...klyn.html?_r=0

Looks like someone wanted the cops to pay.

This is a horrible thing to happen to those officers indeed and my condolences go out to
    their families. Unfortunately we do and always will have members of our society that will
    go to violent extremes regardless of motive; whether they are disturbed or simply evil.
    Also unfortunate is that we will very soon see the talking heads and spin doctors in both
    the political arena and news media use this very same incident to try to discredit those who
    protest peacefully and discount any mention of real police brutality which has broadly become a major problem in these yet to be United States. Yea, I went there...

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Does it make sense to you that two innocent police officers were killed? Was this assassination justified? Is this type of retaliation condoned by anyone?

It's a two pronged dillemma. On the one hand, you have 42 percent of armed robberies committed by blacks, mostly black men, 7% of the population [[we know that the majority of these is black men, not women) so therefore. rampant profiling exists, and the black community can't face it, and won't do anything about it. And then you have overzealous police with a God complex that go around slamming people around for petty shit. The police need to SLOW their roll, pick their battles, and respond with proper force for the action. And the black community has to face that unless that crime rate comes down, the profiling is not going to stop. It's a vicious cycle that feeds on itself, and BOTH sides need to pull on the big boy pants and face it, and do something about it.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 12-21-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Does it make sense to you that two innocent police officers were killed? Was this assassination justified? Is this type of retaliation condoned by anyone?
    First, let's be 100% clear: I do not condone killing anyone.

I was simply saying that the perp wanted the cops to pay for the deaths of Eric Garner and Michael Brown. That is evident from his social forum postings.

What I also don't like is the rift between the NY mayor and the police. The police are turning into an "us vs. them" thing. It also shows that the cops stick together no matter if any of their brethren are in the wrong. All deBlasco did was support the protester. The cops act like this is a war, and exposes the mentality that they have that the public is the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    This is a horrible thing to happen to those officers indeed and my condolences go out to
    their families. Unfortunately we do and always will have members of our society that will
    go to violent extremes regardless of motive; whether they are disturbed or simply evil.
    Also unfortunate is that we will very soon see the talking heads and spin doctors in both
    the political arena and news media use this very same incident to try to discredit those who
    protest peacefully and discount any mention of real police brutality which has broadly become a major problem in these yet to be United States. Yea, I went there...
    Yup, and they will use this to scare up votes. They always do.

Also, the cops consistently TARGET Blacks and other minorities, and charge them unfairly, and, as a result, Black men are often wrongly imprisoned. It needs to stop. I have personally witnessed repeatedly that White perps are treated very leniently or not targeted at all.
    Last edited by soulster; 12-21-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post

Patrick Lynch, a name not really known outside of NYC Metro. He is the President of the PBA [[Police Union). He is the one always having the press conferences after a Police killing warning the public to not rush to judgement and forcefully supporting the NYPD no matter what wrong doing they have committed or who they have murdered. He is already talking shit behind this police assasination saying that the blood is on Mayor DeBlasio's hands. WTF is that? Who's blood does Ofc. Daniel Panteleo have on his hands? He is the one that choked Eric Garner to death and then smiled and waved at the camera directly afterwards.

Yeah, I feel sorry for the two dead cops and their families but has the NYPD ever shown ANY sympathy for the nearly countless, unarmed citizens that they have murdered down through the years? [[God bless you Sean Bell!)......NO!

Words can get you killed and the type of routine rhetoric that comes from the foul mouth of Patrick Lynch is setting a very tragic scene for New York City. He has learned to never say sorry to the public or the victims families when NYPD officers kill them only to later find out it was unlawful. He and his followers coined the phrase back when Amadou Diallo was murdered, shot at over 40 times by the police...that " It was a tragedy, but not a crime....."! I have listening to his shit and bit my lip for more than 20 years now and I don't want to hear it anymore. There needs to be more than training for the NYPD to get things right now.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    There are legions of people that want the cops to pay........But the Grand Juries say that they don't have to!

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    No it does not make sense, but that is why it happened....it was a senseless act in response to a senseless act of killing a man, Eric Garner for basically buying packs of cigarettes and instead of giving them away, he sold them to people individually. Was that justified that he lose his life in such brutal and inhumane manner at the hands of the folks that are sworn to serve and protect us?

Oh yeahhhhh,........there are factions in our society that would condone something like this when time after time the cops are never punished or seriously discipline after killing a black man in this country. I do not condone and eye for an eye. I would have much rather seen fair and equal justice in all these police brutality/murder cases. I would have preferred that the Grand Jury indicted Ofc. Daniel Panteleao on something. Same thing with that cop in Ferguson,MO that shot that unarmed kid Michael Brown in his head and through one of his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    It's a two pronged dillemma. On the one hand, you have 42 percent of armed robberies committed by blacks, mostly black men, 7% of the population [[we know that the majority of these is black men, not women) so therefore. rampant profiling exists, and the black community can't face it, and won't do anything about it. And then you have overzealous police with a God complex that go around slamming people around for petty shit. The police need to SLOW their roll, pick their battles, and respond with proper force for the action. And the black community has to face that unless that crime rate comes down, the profiling is not going to stop. It's a vicious cycle that feeds on itself, and BOTH sides need to pull on the big boy pants and face it, and do something about it.
    But have you noticed that cops across country get all cocky and brave and kill those that are not a threat to them whatsoever ,but stay clear of the real hardcore like the Crips, Bloods, Disciples etc,etc, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Patrick Lynch, a name not really known outside of NYC Metro. He is the President of the PBA [[Police Union). He is the one always having the press conferences after a Police killing warning the public to not rush to judgement and forcefully supporting the NYPD no matter what wrong doing they have committed or who they have murdered. He is already talking shit behind this police assasination saying that the blood is on Mayor DeBlasio's hands. WTF is that? Who's blood does Ofc. Daniel Panteleo have on his hands? He is the one that choked Eric Garner to death and then smiled and waved at the camera directly afterwards.

Yeah, I feel sorry for the two dead cops and their families but has the NYPD ever shown ANY sympathy for the nearly countless, unarmed citizens that they have murdered down through the years? [[God bless you Sean Bell!)......NO!

Words can get you killed and the type of routine rhetoric that comes from the foul mouth of Patrick Lynch is setting a very tragic scene for New York City. He has learned to never say sorry to the public or the victims families when NYPD officers kill them only to later find out it was unlawful. He and his followers coined the phrase back when Amadou Diallo was murdered, shot at over 40 times by the police...that " It was a tragedy, but not a crime....."! I have listening to his shit and bit my lip for more than 20 years now and I don't want to hear it anymore. There needs to be more than training for the NYPD to get things right now.
    I have just ALWAYS assumed that cops can and many times ARE like that. That's why I'd NEVER in a million years do what Garner did, which was tell a cop off, yell at him and curse him out, and the slap his hands away and say "Don't touch me" when he tries to arrest you. He was selling cigs on the street, theyr'e not gonna lock you up in the pen for 10 years for that. Just comply, and let your lawyers handle it. YES, Garner was right... but people need an ounce of pragmatism about them, you wanna be right? Or dead? And then to muddy the waters, you have the fact that he most likely would not have died had he not smoked and weighed 400 pounds. The human body can only take so much abuse, and the chokehold was the straw that broke the camel's back.