[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross / The Supremes / Always

Apologies if this has been posted before.....

Such a great performance - I've always loved it...thanks for posting!

It's a wonderful and my first time seeing it; thanks for the post. At some point Diana went from cute to classic beauty - this may have been that point! And I'm ever-amazed at the volume of songs and dance routines these ladies learned and performed so beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    It's a wonderful and my first time seeing it; thanks for the post. At some point Diana went from cute to classic beauty - this may have been that point! And I'm ever-amazed at the volume of songs and dance routines these ladies learned and performed so beautifully.
    Yes, the ladies worked hard during those years. They were in high demand and it seemed they were on television at least once a month on one show or another, then add in the repeats during the summer. It was an exciting time for Supremes fans.

Here's another clip from that Irving Berlin Special on the Ed Sullivan Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfuu1cvvMhY

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    Here's another clip from that Irving Berlin Special on the Ed Sullivan Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfuu1cvvMhY
    I love this performance. They performed as a group, side by side in harmony and with Diana doing leads. Fantastic. And I love the surprise performer who showed up at about 3:50 who took over the lead from Diana, who was then relegated to sing background for the surprise guest along with Mary and Cindy

supremester Guest
    In 1977, CBS did a special honoring it's 50th Birthday. They did a series of clips of the best singing of those 50 years. A clip of Judy, Babs, Sinatra, Ella and the opening close up of this song. I had never seen it before, I totally lost it. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Apologies if this has been posted before.....

This video performance is a classic example of why I love Diana Ross & The Supremes. They were the epitome of Motown class. Another perfect Gil Askey musical arrangement, to boot!