[REMOVE ADS]

Ruby Turner, Carla Benson & Butch Ingram and Larome Powers

Hi!

All of those artists are interviewed at

http://www.soulexpress.net/deep6_2014.htm

Ruby we remember best from "It's Gonna Be Alright" and "The Motown Songbook."

Carla Benson is tagged as "the most recorded female background vocalist in the history of recording industry."

Larome Powers has worked with Don Davis at Groovesville, with Harvey Scales, Washington Hit Makers and now with Malaco.

There are also reviews on recent retrospect compilations and a new book on Okeh Records.

Best regards
    Heikki

Great, high quality production as always, Heikki., a real pleasure to read.
    Happy Holidays,

Mike

[[Found this performance by Jesse James after reading your review of his new album.... nice groove!

Hi Mike,

and thank you for the Jesse James clip. It's a very topical issue, isn't :-).

Also, I think that the Sweeties - including Carla - if any, should have been featured in the "20 feet from stardom" instead of number of others, who are now included. Perhaps they should make part 2?

And I must admit that I, when planning this column, I wasn't aware of Larome Powers' Groovesville connections.

Best regards
    Heikki