[REMOVE ADS]

'The Shooting Of Sam Cooke' documentary BBC Radio 2

BBC Radio 2 has broadcast a riveting documentary 'The Shooting Of Sam Cooke'. It's available online for four weeks from December 16th. It's a very in depth examination to try and establish what really happened [[although I felt some of the music clips were rather too lyrically obvious at times). Do listen if you can.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04tcmv1

Listening now.

Very interesting and bitter sweet. Very sad to know that the family doesn't have the rights to his songs. I was hoping for some new revelations but that's fine. Things that don't get cleared up down here will be in eternity.

Thank you Alanh. Hard to believe it's been 50 years this month that this tragedy occurred.

Marv

There are so many artists who raised the standard of their craft in lives that were too brief. Can you imagine a musical landscape influenced by Sam Cooke, Otis Redding, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, John Coltrane and more as elder statesmen instead of sad tales of genius that some brightly before the light burned out forever? And Sam Cooke is at the top of the list of folks who would have changed the game has he the chance. So sad.

I remember the picture of Sam taken at that hotel [[Don't look if you are disturbed by death pictures). http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/c...sam%20dead.jpg

What a way to end up. I always thought celebrities should go to work and come straight home like most folks so they can stay out of trouble. That life has it's own built in traps, enticements, temptations, vices, seedy and greedy folks and the list goes on.
    Last edited by mr_june; 12-19-2014 at 04:48 PM.