[REMOVE ADS]

Thumbs up The Supremes on TOTP [[1964, 1965, 1969, 1972)

As everyone knows many of the episodes of TOTP were deleted, including some with The Supremes, which are:

Where Did Our Love Go? - 1964
    Nothing But Heartaches - 1965
    No Matter What Sign You Are - 1969

By now only appeared these performances:

Baby Love - 1964
    You Gotta Have A Little Love In Your Heart [[with the Four Tops) - 1972

Do you have any news that some recovery of the lost footages?

i also heard they were on TOTP in 1973 and 1975 im sure somewhere out there the footage still remains

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    i also heard they were on TOTP in 1973 and 1975 im sure somewhere out there the footage still remains
    I've heard that they also sang: "Stoned Love and River Deep Mountain High" It's true?

if im correct they did Bad weather since it did chart in the top 40 there and in 75 they did He's my man since they were on tour there at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    if im correct they did Bad weather since it did chart in the top 40 there and in 75 they did He's my man since they were on tour there at the time.
    I remember their Bad Weather appearance, they gave whistles out to the audience for them to blow towards the end of the performance.

I dont remember them performing No Matter What Sign You Are. I seem to recall it was a visual display.

There was a resident dance group that often performed to those artists who could not appear live. So the song might be featured, but we'd have Pans People dancing instead.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I dont remember them performing No Matter What Sign You Are. I seem to recall it was a visual display.

There was a resident dance group that often performed to those artists who could not appear live. So the song might be featured, but we'd have Pans People dancing instead.

Yes, NMWSYA was not a live performance - it was played in response to a volley of complaints about "an anti-Supremes policy" and it was even unusual for a record outside the Top 30 to get an airing.

Generally speaking if a record was moving up the charts it got a play every other week on TOTP but earlier in the year the girls' collaboration with The Temptations - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me- was never featured at all despite making it to #3.

Before playing Sign the DJ actually said this is for all the people who say we never play The Supremes.

The strange thing is that a play on TOTP usually guaranteed a big increase in sales the next week but it did nothing for Sign - it stalled at #37.

Me too....no, I don't remember NMWSYA being performed on Top of the Pops.

I believe they did perform Bad Weather, but think I missed it - but I do remember them performing He's My Man....