[REMOVE ADS]

The rollcall of honor and graditude

You know gang,we ..argue,debate,laugh and in some cases[hi Motown threads]civil wars have been waged[verbally of course]why because we all are passionate about this artform that is as much a part of our lives as our shoes...MUSIC,which I why we come to this classic site to read the latest news which brings me to the reason for this post,with the passing of two more legends[sonny and blue-the manhattans]our legends are leaving at an alarming rate,so let's honor the ones still with us,now some of them may no longer perform and that's cool but their still around now please help me if you think of names to add,here we go...Aretha...Smokey...Eddie Lavert...Walter Williams...Jerry Butler...Gene Chandler...Billy Brown...Herb Fame...Stevie Wonder...Al Green...Fats Domino...Sam Gooden...Fred Cash...B.B.King...Charlie Thomas...Carla Thomas...Ben E.King...Herbie Hancock...George Benson...Otis Williams...Dennis Edwards...Duke Fakir...Percy Sledge...Little Richard...Little Anthony...Pete Moore...Tina Turner...Betty Wright...Chaka Khan...Ronald Isley...Claudette Robinson...Wanda Rodgers...Chubby Checker...Freda Payne...Betty Lavette...DeeDee Sharp...Walter Scott...Scotty Scott...Diana Ross...Mary Wilson...Patti Labelle...Cindy Birdsong...Maurice White...Jean Terrell...Frankie Valli...Frankie Avalon...Neil Sadaka...Berry Gordy...Paul McCartney...Ringo Starr...Johnny Mathis...Al Jarruea...Frankie Beverly...Marshall Thompson...Tony Bennett...I had more but they got lost,but you get the idea,so feel free to help me honor those still with us...music is my life-Jai Nance.
    Last edited by arr&bee; 12-12-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Ok here we go to name a few...... Bob Seger, Eddie & Brian Holland, Lamont Dozier, Scherrie Payne, Barbara Lewis, Gladys Knight, Merald "Bubba" Knight, William Guest, Betty Wright, Al Green , Chuck Jackson, Maxine Brown, Valerie Simpson, Glodean White, Bunny Sigler, Ronnie Laws, Carl Carlton, Nona Hendryx, Sarah Dash, Ben E. King, Chaka Khan, Verne Allison, Mickey McGill, Chuck Barksdale, Mavis Staples, Dionne Warwick, Cissy Houston, Chuck Berry, Martha Reeves, Annette Sterling Beard, Rosalind Ashford-Holmes, Betty Kelly, Sammy Strain, Lois Reeves, Henry Fambrough, G. C. Cameron, Thelma Houston, Jerry Butler, Barry Gibb, Florence LaRue, Lamont McClemore, Marilyn McCoo, Billy Davis, Shirley Alston-Reeves, Beverly Lee, Pete Rivera, Robert "Kool" Bell, to name a few.

Eric Burdon, George Clinton, Quincy Jones, The Brothers Johnson, Ernie Isley, Chris Jasper...

More great artists........Russell Thompkins Jr., Earth Wind and Fire, The Barkays, Jermaine Jackson, Jackie Jackson, Marlon Jackson, Tito Jackson, Bobby Taylor, Billy Ocean, Foster Sylvers, Eloise Laws, Bonnie Pointer, The Pointer Sisters, Joe Simon, Carla Thomas, Bootsy Collins, Donny Girard, Diahann Carroll, Colonel Abrams, Peabo Bryson, Sheila Ferguson,Gerald Alston, Philip Bailey, Archie Bell , Angela Bofill, William DeVaughn, Brenda Lee Eager, Leon Haywood, Eddie Holman, Leroy Hutson, Tamiko Jones, Jean Carn, Margie Joseph, Little Richard, Barbara Mason, George McCrae, Garnet Mimms, Ann Peebles,Lenny Williams , Lloyd Price.

Arr&bee - What a great idea for a thread. Love reading who everyone has added to it.

VERY NICE, R&B! My old school friend from D.C.

{{{HUGS}}},
    S.S.
    A few old timers:
    Dr. John, San Moore, Chuck Jackson, Maxine Brown, Barbara Harris, Arlene Smith, George Hendricks, Linda Hopkins who will be 90 years old tomorrow, B.B. King, Buddy Guy, Al Green, Booker T, Steve Cropper, Shirley Alston Reeves, Eugene Pitt, Phil Terrell, Gerald Alston, Rondalis Tandy, John Gary Williams, Gladys Knight, Mary Wilson, Eddie Levert, Lenny Welch, Mel Carter, & Nancy Wilson. I know I am forgetting some I would include.
    Last edited by Soul Sister; 12-13-2014 at 12:11 PM.

Beautiful...ruby nash...candy stanton.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Eric Burdon, George Clinton, Quincy Jones, The Brothers Johnson, Ernie Isley, Chris Jasper...
    When Chris Jasper left The Isley Brothers and formed Isley-Jasper-Isley, the Isley Brothers never again wrote or played their own music. That is because brother-in-law Chris Jasper was the composer behind all of those Isley Brothers and Isley-Jasper-Isley hits. If you want to know where the "Isley Brothers" sound went, just visit Chris's website where you can hear his solo music following the IJI breakup to present... more than 12 solo albums with all great music, including 4 gospel albums! And his new CD will be released this September...it is spectacular! So if you are missing that classic Isley Brothers/Isley-Jasper-Isley sound, please follow Chris Jasper and please spread the word! Connect with Chris on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and on his website where you will find all the links: http://www.ChrisJasper.com

Herb fame...billy brown...archie bell.