[REMOVE ADS]

Evan Ross New Music With Diana & Ashlee

supremester Guest
    I like the song.

Lulu Guest
    I LOVE this song - I've played it 3 times already!

Lulu Guest
    Sidenote: I think we should sing this back to Evan given all the moodiness here of late!

This is the 3rd track that Evan has revealed [[not released) I like all of them so far. It's nice to see Diana in the studio environment again....like the shots from "The Voice". Hopefully,it will be for her new music someday soon.

I liked this song a lot. He has a Michael Jackson-esque quality to his voice that is very appealing. I wonder when he will actually release an album.

Lulu Guest
    What an exciting time for Diana Ross fans. 2015 has even more in store!

I agree that Evan has a Michael Jackson quality to the voice and some MJ mannerisms. I hope his life does not have any other parallel to Jackson's life.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I agree that Evan has a Michael Jackson quality to the voice and some MJ mannerisms. I hope his life does not have any other parallel to Jackson's life.
    Doubtful - he had a good upbringing. Look at damn Joe Jackson in comparison!

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Doubtful - he had a good upbringing. Look at damn Joe Jackson in comparison!
    But even in retrospect, it was reported that Michael made peace with Joe and realized without that discipline ....would they be that great! But heaven knows I am not condoning Joseph's heavy hand.

Loving Evan's new track! Very Bruno Mars-esque to me. Is that my twin Dallas Austin I spy in the studio? Wonder if he composed or produced the track? Miss Ross, look at you beaming and looking great! Evan seems to be channeling her with those outstretched arms and sequins.
    Last edited by sansradio; 12-13-2014 at 01:55 PM.

smark21 Guest
    There's some nice hooks in the song, but way too much autotune used on the vocals for my taste.

Overall, this is pretty impressive; I'm surprised how good it is.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Loving Evan's new track! Very Bruno Mars-esque to me. Is that my twin Dallas Austin I spy in the studio? Wonder if he composed or produced the track? Miss Ross, look at you beaming and looking great! Evan seems to be channeling her with those outstretched arms and sequins.
    Yep, that is definitely Mr. Dallas Austin in the video. I wonder if he has been involved with the production at all considering what good friends he and Evan are. Evan portrayed Dallas in the TLC movie, "CrazySexyCool" pretty much on point. Dallas is a cool guy but also not very verbal.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    There's some nice hooks in the song, but way too much autotune used on the vocals for my taste.
    I was thinking the same thing. I purchased Nick Jonas's album when it came out and that "feature" goes in and out of a few songs. Both of these boys can sing so hopefully they'll avoid using it frequently.

Diana appears in his video for a couple of seconds at about 2:48

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Diana appears in his video for a couple of seconds at about 2:48

Yes. Mind you, this is a "lyric" video...a lot of the artists are putting these out first before an "official" music video.

Wonder if the kid will hit the charts or not?

smark21 Guest
    Is he on a label? OR is he self-releasing this on his own label?

Universal Music Connect With Us
    Facebook Twitter Email home artists news Artist Corporate labels U.S. Labels Labels [[Outside U.S.) Publishing our company Overview History FAQ Jobs Links Newsletter shop ///Corporate2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 2014
    EVOLVE MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCES COMPANY FORMATION

SIGNS WORLDWIDE AGREEMENT WITH CAPITOL MUSIC GROUP

LOS ANGELES, CA – July 21, 2014 - Capitol Music Group [[CMG) has signed a multi-year, worldwide agreement with the newly-formed Evolve Music Group [[EMG) that establishes a partnership between the companies to create, market and promote a slate of releases overseen by EMG Chairman and CEO Rodney Jerkins and his executive team. The multi-Grammy Award-winning producer, songwriter and music executive will base Evolve’s operations at CMG’s iconic Capitol Records Tower in Hollywood. The announcement was made today by Jerkins and CMG Chairman and CEO Steve Barnett.

Barnett commented, “Rodney is a highly-respected and multi-faceted talent; he’s a great producer and songwriter, of course, but he also possesses a keen eye for talent and a great vision for what he wants to accomplish with Evolve. Everyone within CMG is excited about Rodney and his team joining our family, and we’re all going to accomplish great things together.”

According to Jerkins, “I'm excited for this partnership, and am confident that Evolve Music Group will play a major role in the future of our industry. Steve Barnett is a great visionary and has incredible instincts for our business and culture. I'm looking forward to evolving musically and creatively here at Capitol."

Initial Evolve artists include soul chanteuse Keta, R&B/Pop artist Evan Ross and YouTube sensation Sara Forsberg. The company will also sign and develop artists in the spiritual music genres through its Evolve Inspirational imprint that will be distributed through CMG’s Nashville-based Capitol Christian Music Group. The first artists signed to Evolve Inspirational include Joy Enriquez and Tim Bowman, Jr.

He has a nice voice. The song is pleasant but rather pedestrian to me, as is lots of new material. It seems to lack excitement. I'm sure he'll get more interesting as an artist. Diane looks fabulous in the brief shot of her in the studio.

Great song. Evan has proven himself to be a great actor. Glad to see he's stepping into the music arena. I have much admiration for the way Ms Ross raised her children. They are truly making a name for themselves w/o riding her coat tail.

This will be interesting to watch and see how it does.

Every other artist who made it has a child that wants to be in the business; rarely are they as successful as Evan and Tracee; but there is no guarantee this will make it.

His song is pretty good. He looks just like Diana