[REMOVE ADS]

Smile The Supremes sing: Children's Christmas Song on Hullabaloo

Does anyone have the video of the Supremes, singing: Children's Christmas Song, live on Hullabaloo? I know that Flo Ballard and Mary Wilson are singing with the lyrics of the song.
    And Diana is wearing a different dress, this must have been one of its worst performances, but I would love to watch it

I saw a clip of the performance a long time ago. The girls are all wearing the same gown and they aren't singing from sheet music. However, on closeups, there seem to be a couple of moments when Flo and / or Mary miss a few words.

Shots of them wearing different dresses and holding sheet music are from a rehearsal. There are other photos from the rehearsal with Diana wearing a bulky coat.

Thank's for the info!
    Last edited by Weslley Francisco; 12-07-2014 at 08:43 PM.

But where i can find this footage?

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I saw a clip of the performance a long time ago. The girls are all wearing the same gown and they aren't singing from sheet music. However, on closeups, there seem to be a couple of moments when Flo and / or Mary miss a few words.

Shots of them wearing different dresses and holding sheet music are from a rehearsal. There are other photos from the rehearsal with Diana wearing a bulky coat.
    Would be great to see the clip! I would not hold it against M&F mis-syncing - they were always busy learning new material, and according to what we know they did not sing a note on the released Christmas album.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Would be great to see the clip! I would not hold it against M&F mis-syncing - they were always busy learning new material, and according to what we know they did not sing a note on the released Christmas album.
    That's one of the bigger mysteries for me. Mary talks in some detail in her book about being in the studio recording the album. I wonder if Mary and Flo recorded background vocals and the Andantes replaced the Supremes or were mixed in with the Supremes. Obviously Florence recorded two songs for the album. I still swear I can hear a bit of Mary and Florence in some of the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    That's one of the bigger mysteries for me. Mary talks in some detail in her book about being in the studio recording the album. I wonder if Mary and Flo recorded background vocals and the Andantes replaced the Supremes or were mixed in with the Supremes. Obviously Florence recorded two songs for the album. I still swear I can hear a bit of Mary and Florence in some of the tracks.
    ... and unfortunately will probably remain a mystery to all of us - Motown was, of course, not so scrupulous about liner-noting these things! But the Supremes "Merry Christmas" is, and will always remain for me, a top-5 favorite Christmas album.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    ... and unfortunately will probably remain a mystery to all of us - Motown was, of course, not so scrupulous about liner-noting these things! But the Supremes "Merry Christmas" is, and will always remain for me, a top-5 favorite Christmas album.
    Actually, some of the guys over at Hip-O like Motown Andy who are members on this forum have been very helpful in the past about letting us know who has been on what tracks. Hopefully we can get some answers someday! But yes, its one of my favorite Christmas albums of all time!