[REMOVE ADS]

GOP Staffer Who Attacked Obama Girls Was Arrested During Her Own "Awful Teen Years"

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...-arrest-786543

The Republican congressional aide who castigated the Obama daughters for their lack of “class” and dressing as if they were angling for a “spot at a bar” was once arrested for larceny during her own “awful teen years,” court records show.

In a November 27 Facebook post, Elizabeth Lauten criticized Sasha and Malia Obama for looking bored while their father pardoned a pair of turkeys the day before Thanksgiving. While noting that, “I get you’re both in those awful teen years,” Lauten, 31, counseled the teens to “try showing a little class. At least respect the part you play.”

In her “Dear Sasha and Malia” note, Lauten remarked that the president and First Lady Michelle Obama “don’t respect their positions very much, or the nation for that matter, so I’m guessing you’re coming up a little short in the ‘good role model’ department.” Lauten concluded by urging the girls to “Rise to the occasion. Act like being in the White House matters to you. Dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar. And certainly don’t make faces during televised public events.”

Until her resignation this morning, Lauten served as communications director for Rep. Steven Fincher, a Tennessee Republican. In the face of criticism about her attack on the Obama daughters, Lauten said that “many hours of prayer” helped her realize that her Facebook screed was “hurtful.”

Lauten, pictured above, was arrested in December 2000 for misdemeanor larceny, according to court records. Lauten, then 17, was collared for stealing from a Belk department store in her North Carolina hometown.

Because Lauten was a first-time offender, her case was handled via the District Court’s deferred prosecution program, which resulted in the charge’s eventual dismissal after the future scold stayed out of trouble for a prescribed period.

Since Lauten was just another teenager caught shoplifting at the mall, it appears unlikely that she was publicly pilloried for her lack of class, nor were her parents criticized as poor role models.

I wasn't gonna say anything here but hell it's so sad that some folks STILL have a problem with our president being BLACK,get over it...to attack one's children is a cowardly act and as low as you can go,and let me say something else....SHE WAS PUT UP TO IT.

I don't know if she was put up to it, but she was emboldened by the fact that it's open season on Black folks in general and the president in particular. Thanks to outlets like Faux News and commentators like Rush and Glenn Beck, it's kosher to speak your mind to attack the president, regardless of how inappropriate it or small-minded it is.

I knew he would have challenges when he was elected, but I never suspected things would devolve to such a level as they have. Consider that when gas cost nearly $4/gallon, it was his fault but not once has he been given credit now that it costs $2.50/gallon in some areas. Hiring has increased significantly but he's not given credit for the economic turnaround, even though he had to basically orchestrate it by himself. And even though he's literally the only one in government moving on immigration, he's blasted by the right for taking executive action and by the illegals themselves for not doing more.

No wonder's he's getting grayer by the day.

Jerry,is it me or does the word[illegal]mean against the law,now if I was in a country unlawfully I would keep my mouth shut and now make waves,times have changed.

Actually, Glenn Beck recently said that he was wrong to attack the president, said it was a very stupid thing he did, and that he was only contributing to the problem...and then he puts Ted Nugent on his network...

If anything it's because he found out the limits of his popularity when he called the president a racist [[didn't he say Obama hated white people?) and got fired from Faux News.

I hope that Hillary is paying attention,because she's gonna get it too,as soon as she gets elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    If anything it's because he found out the limits of his popularity when he called the president a racist [[didn't he say Obama hated white people?) and got fired from Faux News.
    The truth is that he quit Fox when his contract was up. You don't seriously think Fox would get rid of someone like that, do you?

I remember what he did. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I still don't like his politics, but I am always willing to give someone a second chance.

Fox will fire anyone who does not contribute to increased revenue. If there are credible reasons to believe that sponsors are affected by their anchors, the anchor is expendable.

Fox will fire anyone who does not contribute to increased revenue. If there are credible reasons to believe that sponsors are affected by their anchors, the anchor is expendable.
    They may do that, but then they hire them back. Or, they just keep them off the air for a while. They fired Sarah Palin and then took her back. Karl Rove embarrassed himself and most of their talking heads, and they just let him lay low for a while.

Glen Beck says he developed a rare illness while at Fox, and it got progressively worse. That, coupled with the stress of working within the Fox machine, got to him, and he decided to quit. I do believe the man has a conscience. Not all conservatives are bad people. And, then, there's Bill O'Reilly. I don't think he's a bad guy, he's just an idiot.

'Bad' is often a subjective descriptor because we're all bad in somebody's eyes. However, there are many who are intentionally dishonest and each name that you mentioned has thrown statements to the masses that they knew weren't true or were true only when viewed out of context in order to foster the company view that conservatism was the only acceptable political view.

I can't call them 'bad' because I've been known to stretch truths myself but I can honestly say there are limits to my deceit and what I'll lie about. To be totally honest, everybody at Faux News is actually an entertainer more than a politico. They are to news anchors what the World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. is to sports and they should be viewed that way. Sadly, its millions of fans have the same fervor for Faux News that many people have for rasslin' [[and about the same general education level). No disrespect intended.

'Bad' is often a subjective descriptor because we're all bad in somebody's eyes. However, there are many who are intentionally dishonest and each name that you mentioned has thrown statements to the masses that they knew weren't true or were true only when viewed out of context in order to foster the company view that conservatism was the only acceptable political view.

I can't call them 'bad' because I've been known to stretch truths myself but I can honestly say there are limits to my deceit and what I'll lie about. To be totally honest, everybody at Faux News is actually an entertainer more than a politico. They are to news anchors what the World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. is to sports and they should be viewed that way. Sadly, its millions of fans have the same fervor for Faux News that many people have for rasslin' [[and about the same general education level). No disrespect intended.
    That's why they get away with what they do at Faux. They are classified as an entertainment organization, not a news organization. Interesting, isn't it?

Yep. Only the people who are stirred up believing that the president is a Kenyan Islamist on a mission to destroy the country don't understand that it's a bigger, less funny version of The Colbert Report. The end game is to enrich 3% of the population by fomenting base fears and hatred among the unsophisticated masses. And it's being played to perfection. Even though it's holding 95% of its adherents back financially, socially, and politically. Think about that.