[REMOVE ADS]

No Charges in Eric Garner Chokehold Case for N.Y.P.D. Officer

This is about the absolute worst news given what just occurred in Ferguson, MO...............

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/04/ny...rner.html?_r=0

I agree, Marv. This is absurd. So what good would providing body cams to cops do? The video in this case showed it all and nothing comes of it. Absurd.

It is time for Black people in this country to arm themselves where they legally can and protect themselves from the cops. The cops will not protect you. The law will not protect you. The government will not protect you. The law does not work for you. The politicians are the modern-day slavers, and the cops are their overseers. We are not humans to them. We are animals to them. I am NOT talking about initiating violence. I am talking about protecting yourself. If you don't want to, or are not legally permitted to carry a firearm, arm yourselves with cameras. Everyone. If you see something, stop texting and turn on the camera. And, most importantly: VOTE!

Black lives matter. No justice, no peace.
    Last edited by soulster; 12-03-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Soulster I know you are going to disagree with me on this one. Oh Marv thanks for posting this by the way. Soulster when I heard the police officer [[the Ferguson one) give his side of the story there was something about it I believed him. However when I found out that the body was lying there for four or five hours!!! I wondered why didnt they call the coroner? If this had been a murder scene and I mean bullets and other people I can see why they would have to call forensics and leave things in certain places. I dont know what the procedure is but maybe I am ignorant to this but its not normal to leave a body there for four hours Im sure. Soulster Im sure you think the policeman is guilty [[I think) I cant speak for you but when I saw that the body was lying there for that period of time I was wondering if I was wrong.

I found this article the fact that the body was there for four hours started some of the outrage as well.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/24/us...on-street.html

So his punishment for selling loose cigarettes is death. Don't bullshit me by saying he resisted arrest. The NYPD has more important things to do than arrest people for selling loosies so the only reason he was being harassed is because they made it a bigger issue than it was. What it comes down to is when a cop tells a Black man to do something, anything besides absolute obediance is justification for violence. I can't imagine how it would have been perceived if a Black officer killed a white man in the exact same circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Soulster I know you are going to disagree with me on this one. Oh Marv thanks for posting this by the way. Soulster when I heard the police officer [[the Ferguson one) give his side of the story there was something about it I believed him. However when I found out that the body was lying there for four or five hours!!! I wondered why didnt they call the coroner? If this had been a murder scene and I mean bullets and other people I can see why they would have to call forensics and leave things in certain places. I dont know what the procedure is but maybe I am ignorant to this but its not normal to leave a body there for four hours Im sure. Soulster Im sure you think the policeman is guilty [[I think) I cant speak for you but when I saw that the body was lying there for that period of time I was wondering if I was wrong.
    They left him there because they knew the cop fucked up and were trying to figure out what to do. Meanwhile, they left Brown lying in the street like a run over dog on the side of the road. But, this thread is about the Staten Island case. There's already one for Michael Brown.

The video is clear here. The cop jumped in and applied an illegal choke-hold on an unarmed citizen who did nothing but illegally sell cigarettes. The man was not a threat. he had no weapon, and he did not charge the several cops who were right there. Yet, a grand jury let the guy co scott free.

The public - not just Black people - are sick of the use of excessive force on unarmed people who pose no threat to them. My slave master and overseer analogy fits.

Oh ok this one I see!!! I got the wrong case and mixed up sorry about that but I DO like your opinion and thoughts on this. You are right there are too many policemen using excessive force on not just minorities but a LOT of whites but its mostly minorities.

Smh just smh at the injustice of it all. Murdered for selling cigaretes on a street corner which is a misdemeanor at best or a warning or a small fine and the poor man didnt even resist arrest, I hope AG press Federal charges against this cop for civil rights violation and murder.

this makes me real real sad.

Roberta

thomas96 Guest
    How is this even fucking possible? The evidence is clear as day.

Brown and Garner are very different cases. In Brown there are two sides to it. It is in now way clear. With Garner we have the coroner saying homicide and the grand jury saying no indictment. That makes no sense. A lawyer friend of mine has often said a grand jury will indict a ham sandwich. The bar for them, grand juries, is very low. Given the coroner's decision, it would seem to be a no brainer. Unless the DA presented no evidence. The way I see it, it should have been a slam dunk indictment. And, notice, that it without even considering the video tape there is a strong case for indictment.

I know that some Police abuse their power. Something needs to be done about these criminals hiding behind badges. I see that people keep referencing the coroners report of homicide, and would just like to add this link for clarification.

The legal difference between murder and homicide

http://criminal.lawyers.com/felonies...-homicide.html

This is indeed a travesty,cops are abusing power and it's getting scary.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    I know that some Police abuse their power. Something needs to be done about these criminals hiding behind badges. I see that people keep referencing the coroners report of homicide, and would just like to add this link for clarification.

The legal difference between murder and homicide

http://criminal.lawyers.com/felonies...-homicide.html
    Interesting. However, he is talking California law. And the differences very from state to state. Nevertheless, it is important to recognize there are differences between murder and homicide.

I just heard that in the past the officer who choked Garner has been sued several times and the city has paid out.

And the beat goes on. An unarmed man was killed in Phoenix.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...icer/19878931/

Wow. And now some deputies in Ohio are being investigated for sending racist text messages while on duty. Should I feel safe if one of these five assholes comes to my aid?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/i...text-messages/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    And the beat goes on. An unarmed man was killed in Phoenix.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...icer/19878931/
    Yup. Saw this this morning in the Arizona Republic. I should drop a line to CNN and MSNBC and ask them why they aren't running this story.

Damn it damn it damn it. Here is another one from NYC. What's going on?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6205492.html

Jerry, I think it's an amalgamation of several things:

• Most police officers around the country are poorly trained, and many departments are understaffed and under-funded.
    • Police in most areas do not practice community policing. They opt for failed policies like "broken windows" and "stop and frisk" [[which has been ruled unconstitutional). The reason for this is because it's easier to terrorize innocent citizens rather than work to take down the big problems. They look good for the politicians whose careers are always on the line. Terrorist policing also means that the officers don't have to interact with the public on a personal level. It works perfectly for the bigots and racists.
    • Police prefer lethal weapons as opposed to less lethal weapons like rubber bullets and taser guns. They are worried more about their own safety than they are about the public that they are sworn to protect.
    • Most police are not thoroughly screened for psychological stability or racial sensitivity
    • The majority of police officers to not patrol the areas in which they live, neither are they usually of the same background, race, or ethnicity of the areas they patrol. To put it bluntly, unless the White officer is from the community, they should not be patrolling Black or Latino areas.
    • The above reason is why many White police officers are fearful or hostile toward minorities, and therefore are more likely to have an itchy trigger finger or use excessive force when none is needed, and to view the whole population as enemy combatants.
    • The politicians and government officials work hand-in-hand so they kiss each others asses. In other words, they all work together to ensure that no police officer will ever take a fall, or will get any harsh punishment. The police practice the "blue wall of silence". They do depend on each other so they don't snitch.
    Last edited by soulster; 12-06-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Police in most areas do not practice community policing. They opt for failed policies like "broken windows" and "stop and frisk" [[which has been ruled unconstitutional). The reason for this is because it's easier to terrorize innocent citizens rather than work to take down the big problems. They look good for the politicians whose careers are always on the line. Terrorist policing also means that the officers don't have to interact with the public on a personal level. It works perfectly for the bigots and racists.

I wish more people shared my outrage at this video.

Most police are not thoroughly screened for psychological stability or racial sensitivity

It turns out that the Cleveland officer who murdered the 12 year old boy [[two seconds after arriving on site) was hired after working for another, smaller police department. Had the Cleveland PD done their diligence, they would have found out that he was fired after being observed handling firearms in an dangerous manner at the gun range. They hired an experience nut and set him loose.

The above reason is why many White police officers are fearful or hostile toward minorities, and therefore are more likely to have an itchy trigger finger or use excessive force when none is needed, and to view the whole population as enemy combatants.

I've been wondering how many of the 94% white Ferguson PD lives in the 73% Black city.

It turns out that the Cleveland officer who murdered the 12 year old boy [[two seconds after arriving on site) was hired after working for another, smaller police department. Had the Cleveland PD done their diligence, they would have found out that he was fired after being observed handling firearms in an dangerous manner at the gun range. They hired an experience nut and set him loose.
    He quit before they could fire him. He wanted to be in a department where he could see some "action". Someone should have told him that being a cop isn't like playing a video game.

I've been wondering how many of the 94% white Ferguson PD lives in the 73% Black city.
    Easy. Either they don't actually live in Ferguson at all, or they come from the small "white" section of it.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    He quit before they could fire him. He wanted to be in a department where he could see some "action". Someone should have told him that being a cop isn't like playing a video game.
    Yep. I mistyped that he was fired. Ohio's Republican governor is trying to get in front of this by forming a commission to review police practices. Our attorney general is a weak SOB who kept away from reviewing the case in Dayton when the brother was shot by the cops for carrying a BB gun in WalMart. That gives me a cynical outlook for anything to come.

sort of reminds me of the 1960's when the people with the guns were wrong

Kent State anyone

edafan

Wow. And now some deputies in Ohio are being investigated for sending racist text messages while on duty. Should I feel safe if one of these five assholes comes to my aid?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/i...text-messages/
    No, don't feel safe. Stay alert and aware.... Did they bury the 12 year old kid the cops murdered in Cleveland this past week yet? I never thought I'd see the day when a boy could not play with his toy gun without being shot down by the local police! When I was a kid, most boys got some type of gun, BB, cap gun or machine gun for Christmas.