[REMOVE ADS]

Cool RARE EARTH's "Live In Chicago" [[1974) CD - Released And In My Collection!

Got my CD copy of the group Rare Earth’s brand-new, previously-unreleased "Live In Chicago" [[1974) last week. It sounds great, and I especially love the way Culture Factory designs their CD discs to look like an actual vinyl replica – simulated black vinyl on both sides of the CD [[one side contains fake record grooves) as well as recreating the 2nd [[orange) Rare Earth label. But, boy, the tempo of some of the tracks in this concert are racin’ lickety-split! I just finished reading Peter Rivera’s [[Hoorelbeke) [[drummer/lead singer of the group Rare Earth) autobiography, "Born To Wander". In the book, Pete tells that, by 1974, the band members of Rare Earth were heavily into drugs. Pete also allows that, the higher the band was during a given performance, the faster they played their songs. The guys must have been higher than a kite during this particular performance of "Live In Chicago", as "Get Ready" is taken at break-neck speed – every bit as fast as some of the tracks on the [[new) Supremes’ "Live In Japan". All in all, it’s a great concert, and the audience is lovin’ every minute. Glad to have it in my CD collection. And Pete’s book, too! If you love Motown and the group Rare Earth, it’s very interesting reading – and there’s never a dull moment.

RARE EARTH - "Live In Japan" [[1974) [[See the vinyl-replica CD here.)

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Chicago-R...ive+in+chicago

For the benefit of those who aren’t familiar with Pete’s book, here’s the link, available directly from his website:

http://www.peterrivera.com/book.html
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 12-01-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Got my CD copy of the group Rare Earth’s brand-new, previously-unreleased "Live In Chicago" [[1974) last week. It sounds great, and I especially love the way Culture Factory designs their CD discs to look like an actual vinyl replica – simulated black vinyl on both sides of the CD [[one side contains fake record grooves) as well as recreating the 2nd [[orange) Rare Earth label. But, boy, the tempo of some of the tracks in this concert are racin’ lickety-split! I just finished reading Peter Rivera’s [[Hoorelbeke) [[drummer/lead singer of the group Rare Earth) autobiography, "Born To Wander". In the book, Pete tells that, by 1974, the band members of Rare Earth were heavily into drugs. Pete also allows that, the higher the band was during a given performance, the faster they played their songs. The guys must have been higher than a kite during this particular performance of "Live In Chicago", as "Get Ready" is taken at break-neck speed – every bit as fast as some of the tracks on the [[new) Supremes’ "Live In Japan". All in all, it’s a great concert, and the audience is lovin’ every minute. Glad to have it in my CD collection. And Pete’s book, too! If you love Motown and the group Rare Earth, it’s very interesting reading – and there’s never a dull moment.

RARE EARTH - "Live In Japan" [[1974) [[See the vinyl-replica CD here.)

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Chicago-R...ive+in+chicago

For the benefit of those who aren’t familiar with Pete’s book, here’s the link, available directly from his website:

http://www.peterrivera.com/book.html
    Thanks for this post; I've always liked RE and thought they are under-rated. I'll look into both the CD and book.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLACING ORDER NOW!!

RossHolloway Guest
    Thanks for posting this information. I think I will check out both the cd and book.

I like these mini LP cds from Culture Factory.

Attachment 8756Attachment 8757

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Thanks for this post; I've always liked RE and thought they are under-rated. I'll look into both the CD and book.
    You're welcome, Robert. - Gary

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    Thanks for posting this information. I think I will check out both the cd and book.
    You're welcome, Ross. - Gary

The booklet to the Live CD says that "Dreams/Answers" [[yay!) "One World" and "Willie Remembers" are upcoming releases. I wonder if they'll continue to release the rest of their albums. If so, I hope they release the ultra-rare "Tight And Hot" from 1982. It's the only Rare Earth work I haven't heard.