[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    supremester Guest
    Gary: Please understand that I am not Mary bashing here at all, but some facts need to be out there. Mary & berry had been arguing about Jean for a while before Farewell. I don't know exactly what he didn't like as she certainly was talented, but he felt she was wrong [[and I agree.) Mary wrote her book in a manner that makes her seem like the ultimate victim, however, it was Mary that refused to work with Syreeta because Mary wanted to be top dog and was afraid Syreeta would, too. I'm guessing that after seeing Jean onstage, Berry was convinced and it culminated in the hand washing. While it's true that Jean was "announced to the world" there was no internet - very little press, jean was an unknown, and Syreeta could easily have been put in with very little explanation to the press. [[When I first saw Cindy, I was horrified "WHERE'S FLO????????? - there was no press on it around here anyway.) Up The Ladder would still have hit and all would have been fine.
    Jean HAD been working with Mary & Cindy and recorded a lot, but so what? Ultimately the most important thing was what was best for the group. It would have been just too bad for Jean, pay her off and send her back to Miami with her brother. That's show biz. Sadly, those great tracks on side 1 of Right On may never have come out, though.
    The limo story, as told, is hog wash. No one was keeping JMC from getting limos - they only had to be ordered. Motown never provided any act with Limos - the acts all paid for them out of their own pocket. I don't know, but I'm guessing that either this particular case was a slip up and none available, or, because of the snow, there was another reason. Normally for gigs, the promoter arranges for and pays for the limo. This was for a rehearsal and so it was up to the act. Dial 7 Car Service would have been happy to cart JMC around NYC.
    Lots of stories in Mary's books have been.......... written in such a manner as to exaggerate or distort the whole truth and nothing but the truth in order to create sympathy and animosity for certain parties.
    Regarding the gowns , I agree 100%. I didn't want to see either new act in last years gowns. If I were Jean, I'd have refused to wear DR&TS gowns period. They should have had a totally new look and made a new statement: "We are now THIS!!!"
    Yes, they were new and it wooda been wasteful, but it wooda been worth it. For what NBC paid for GIT,[[assuming DR&TS ever got their fee - which I doubt) those gowns were already paid for many times over.

i think it's clear that there were many outfits and gowns commissioned for the 70s grouping. about 1/3 of the total known outfits. so we can't say they simply reused old gowns.

some things that we could suggest though are:

1) did they have as clear, fresh or "new" of a style as they did with Diana? i think in many cases they did. it's a matter of opinion
    2) did they debut outfits as boldly or as often - it seems that with each new tv appearance DRATS came out in some new outfit. many of the 70s sups examples that are visible today have them in DRATS outfits - lp covers for Right On and New Ways, many of the existing tapes of tv shows have them in old gowns. My opinion on this is we're only seeing a limited number of appearances. there are many tv appearances or magazine articles that we simply don't have access to today. and they were always appearing on stage some place and so who knows what they wore there.
    3) continuity of the group - They were still the same group, just 1 new member in Jean. so if they totally dropped the image and look of the group AND lost Diana, it would have been too much change. could have alienated the fan base

If you look at the big picture Mary standing up to Berry about Jean staying is one of the smartest moves she ever made for the group! They had major hits with Jean and couple of minor ones but it didnt put the group out to pasture. Mary was not just a pretty face.

supremester Guest
    Respectfully, I say to thee: I muchly, muchly disagree.
    A) I think those same singles would have sold as well or better with Syreeta [[except EGTRTL - that was a murderously deft vocal that I doubt Syreeta could have nailed.). Jean had a great voice but as a pop vocalist, she was inexperienced and it showed back in the day. I remember dismissing her vocal on River Deep as "wannabe." And, the public never embraced Jean's voice as album sales were increasingly disappointing - even at their height, as concert sales dwindled.
    B) Jean was very mature looking, Syreeta had a more youthful pop style about her - much easier for the younger market to identify with. I def think Jean was a big neg in this dept.
    C) I don't think Berry was too impressed with Mary period. I base this on his behavior over the years and things said to me personally by Harvey, Gil and Cholly. I would think Mary might have picked up on this and realized she might be making a big mistake by telling BERRY GORDY "NO!" If the girl didn't learn anything from Flo & David Ruffin and Ross not being able to eat, God help her. You don't "F" with BG. Period. Mary has made other major decisions in her life that have come back to bite her in the ass. Nes pas? If I were Berry, I'd have done the same thing. Launching Ross, The J5, emerging Gladys, dealing with Marvin, the explosion of The Tempts and trying to save The 4 Tops and Martha was enough to deal with without trying to launch a group of Supremes he didn't believe in. If I was Mary, I'd have called him back and said, "maybe you're right, but please be gentle with Jean." taken a Seconal and gone back to sleep with my phone off the hook.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    If you look at the big picture Mary standing up to Berry about Jean staying is one of the smartest moves she ever made for the group! They had major hits with Jean and couple of minor ones but it didnt put the group out to pasture. Mary was not just a pretty face.

Yes, most of the gowns destroyed in the Mexico fire were trademark gowns like the chandelier gowns, the blue silver & green jumpsuits, and the yellow fringe & rhinestone jumpsuits; however a few exceptions survived and others mistakenly believed to have been in the fire do survive.

If any of you are in the UK and around Liverpool, there is a set of gowns from Mary's collection on display for the first time since they were last worn 40 years ago...
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 12-03-2014 at 12:34 AM.

supremester Guest
    It's a shame the black gowns are gone. Mary looked so good in that - I think it was her best look.

[QUOTE=supremester;261655] Gary: Please understand that I am not Mary bashing here at all, but some facts need to be out there./QUOTE]

[B]Thanks, Supremester. Everything I know [[or thought I knew) has been based on what I've read in Mary's books, Randy's Diana books, and countless other behind-the-scenes Motown books. You've given me something new to think about. Don't worry, I didn't think you were Mary-bashing. I wouldn't take sides anyway. I've always loved both Diana and Mary, and I'm sure that whatever happened, they both had their faults. I wasn't there, but I know that there were two sides to every story -- some fair, and some highly unfair, but on whose part?. Although I love hearing and learning about the dirt and everything else Motown related, I keep the artists separate from the art -- separate from the music. Besides, we'll probably never know what really went on. It may be just as well! [B]
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 12-03-2014 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    DMC wore quite a few gowns from the DMF era.
    Really, sup_fan? That surprises me. In my opinion, at the time, Diana, Mary, & Flo always looked and dressed a notch above the other Motown girl groups [[whereas The Vandellas & The Marvelettes looked and dressed a notch above other non-Motown girl groups). When Flo left and Cindy entered in 1967, however, Motown glammed up ALL of the Motown female acts, especially Diana Ross & The Supremes. In my eyes, Diana, Mary & Flo’s pre-1967 gowns, which once seemed elegant and a notch above the others, now seemed somewhat plain compared to Diana, Mary & Cindy’s gowns. I don’t remember DM&C ever reverting back to the pre-1967 gowns. [[Well, there is one exception – the dresses on the top center of the Reflections LP cover where the girls are wearing cheap-looking black dresses with white vertical stripes always seemed kind of hokey and plain for DM&C – very pre-1967, if you will.

I’ve gotta admit, I don’t know diddly-squat about the gowns like some of you guys do. When you describe the "chandelier" gowns and other such creations, I don’t know what the heck you’re referring to nor what material they’re made of. I just know that, although the music comes first for me, I do love and appreciate the overall look and elegance of Motown’s mid-to-late '60's girl groups -- especially post-'67. I’m most impressed by things like The Supremes’ "TCB" green swirl gowns; The Supremes’ black and white gowns and pumps worn in the unused segment of "GIT On Broadway" [[which looked way too gorgeous to leave out of any broadcast); Martha Reeves & The Vandellas’ "Sugar & Spice" LP gowns, and The Marvelettes’ "Sophisticated Soul" gowns. Motown had the class and the financial muscle to pull it all off like nobody else. THAT I know for sure.

Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 12-03-2014 at 03:27 AM.

supremester Guest
    I knew when I read Dreamgirl that it was so slanted to vilify Diana & Berry in every way possible because of the creative way facts were presented - even little things like the limo story, Flo on The Tonight Show or the first year comparison of JMC vs Diana are all total falsehoods or, in the comparison, completely misleading. So I began to question other parts of it. Until then, I was naive enough to think it had to be true if you wrote it about someone. After a very long talk with Gil Askey, I learned what I believe to be the truth and why. With the internet, I learned that if A, B, &C are lies for sure - maybe take a closer look at D, E, &F if they also support the same ideology. I saw an interview of Diana from '93 where she states that on the Dick Tour, their record became a hit and then it was over for them as people. They became a commodity instantly and there was no one to support them or guide them through literally overnight success. I don't blame any of them for however they acted. Flo drank and got kicked out, Diana was clearly emotionally abused and to the brink of emotional and physical breakdown while Mary buried jealousy & resentment while partying through it all. I'm sure Miss ross was a hellion at times - she had the most pressure on her by far and if so, write about it but make things up - you shouldn't have to. Ditto Berry, the limos, lack of promotion etc. LOL. I'm reading the new Queen ree bio "respect" and in it legendary producer John Hammond is quoted , saying everyone who never makes it as big as they think they should have, blames it on the record company promotion.
    I'm with you on art vs dirt. I like both, but I only want the truth. I know what goes on at my work place and others.....I can only imagine it wasn't much different in The Supremes LOL. [QUOTE=Philles/Motown Gary;261759]
    Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Gary: Please understand that I am not Mary bashing here at all, but some facts need to be out there./QUOTE]

[B]Thanks, Supremester. Everything I know [[or thought I knew) has been based on what I've read in Mary's books, Randy's Diana books, and countless other behind-the-scenes Motown books. You've given me something new to think about. Don't worry, I didn't think you were Mary-bashing. I wouldn't take sides anyway. I've always loved both Diana and Mary, and I'm sure that whatever happened, they both had their faults. I wasn't there, but I know that there were two sides to every story -- some fair, and some highly unfair, but on whose part?. Although I love hearing and learning about the dirt and everything else Motown related, I keep the artists separate from the art -- separate from the music. Besides, we'll probably never know what really went on. It may be just as well! [B]

honest man Guest
    [
    If any of you are in the UK and around Liverpool, there is a set of gowns from Mary's collection on display for the first time since they were last worn 40 years ago...[/QUOTE]Brad where and when is the diplay being featured please.Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Really, sup_fan? That surprises me. In my opinion, at the time, Diana, Mary, & Flo always looked and dressed a notch above the other Motown girl groups [[whereas The Vandellas & The Marvelettes looked and dressed a notch above other non-Motown girl groups). When Flo left and Cindy entered in 1967, however, Motown glammed up ALL of the Motown female acts, especially Diana Ross & The Supremes. In my eyes, Diana, Mary & Flo’s pre-1967 gowns, which once seemed elegant and a notch above the others, now seemed somewhat plain compared to Diana, Mary & Cindy’s gowns. I don’t remember DM&C ever reverting back to the pre-1967 gowns. [[Well, there is one exception – the dresses on the top center of the Reflections LP cover where the girls are wearing cheap-looking black dresses with white vertical stripes always seemed kind of hokey and plain for DM&C – very pre-1967, if you will.

I’ve gotta admit, I don’t know diddly-squat about the gowns like some of you guys do. When you describe the "chandelier" gowns and other such creations, I don’t know what the heck you’re referring to nor what material they’re made of. I just know that, although the music comes first for me, I do love and appreciate the overall look and elegance of Motown’s mid-to-late '60's girl groups -- especially post-'67. I’m most impressed by things like The Supremes’ "TCB" green swirl gowns; The Supremes’ black and white gowns and pumps worn in the unused segment of "GIT On Broadway" [[which looked way too gorgeous to leave out of any broadcast); Martha Reeves & The Vandellas’ "Sugar & Spice" LP gowns, and The Marvelettes’ "Sophisticated Soul" gowns. Motown had the class and the financial muscle to pull it all off like nobody else. THAT I know for sure.

There aren't many photos around, but I have seen one of DMC wearing the gowns DMF wore when they sang MY WORLD IS EMPTY WITHOUT YOU on Ed Sullivan. I've also seen a photo of DMC wearing the DMF gowns from the Andrews Sisters medley on the Sammy Davis, Jr. show.

Does anyone know if the Raggedy Ann pants suits were burned ? That was the only gown I saw them wear that I thought did not look Supreme. It was even worse than the Love Child street clothes.

These gowns are a complete mystery to me, although the hair says TOUCH album photoshoot. Anyone know anything about these, such as the color?

Attachment 8761

honest man Guest
    [QUOTE=supremester;261776]I knew when I read Dreamgirl that it was so slanted to vilify Diana & Berry in every way possible because of the creative way facts were presented - even little things like the limo story, Flo on The Tonight Show or the first year comparison of JMC vs Diana are all total falsehoods or, in the comparison, completely misleading. So I began to question other parts of it. Until then, I was naive enough to think it had to be true if you wrote it about someone. After a very long talk with Gil Askey, I learned what I believe to be the truth and why. With the internet, I learned that if A, B, &C are lies for sure - maybe take a closer look at D, E, &F if they also support the same ideology. I saw an interview of Diana from '93 where she states that on the Dick Tour, their record became a hit and then it was over for them as people. They became a commodity instantly and there was no one to support them or guide them through literally overnight success. I don't blame any of them for however they acted. Flo drank and got kicked out, Diana was clearly emotionally abused and to the brink of emotional and physical breakdown while Mary buried jealousy & resentment while partying through it all. I'm sure Miss ross was a hellion at times - she had the most pressure on her by far and if so, write about it but make things up - you shouldn't have to. Ditto Berry, the limos, lack of promotion etc. LOL. I'm reading the new Queen ree bio "respect" and in it legendary producer John Hammond is quoted , saying everyone who never makes it as big as they think they should have, blames it on the record company promotion.
    I'm with you on art vs dirt. I like both, but I only want the truth. I know what goes on at my work place and others.....I can only imagine it wasn't much different in The Supremes LOL. Iput Mary Wilson's books in the same league as the BROTHERS GRIMM FAIRY TALES,Also put them in the trash bin,Good Riddance.cheers

I'm not into the gown subject, and yet - I do have a question about them.

When the Supremes debuted on Sullivan, the show was in black and white. There is a popular colorized version of the show and it shows them in pink dresses. Were they actually pink or were they a different color?

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post

When the Supremes debuted on Sullivan, the show was in black and white. There is a popular colorized version of the show and it shows them in pink dresses. Were they actually pink or were they a different color?
    I've read that these are not pink; I think the're either baby blue or green.

On her 1977 tv special, Diana says they were light blue.

Thank you MB and Reese.

- The short dresses worn for "Come See About Me" on Sullivan were light blue, not pink.

- The mystery gowns worn during the Touch photo sessions are a reddish/maroon color and in Mary's collection.

- There were many of the gowns used in the transition from Florence to Cindy. Some were older gowns dating back to early 1966 and others many believed were created for Cindy were actually created for Florence and worn by her. A lot of false information has been stated about this by some who don't know the full story especially one particular individual.

- As for the UK exhibit, it's the British Invasion exhibit at the Beatles Story in Liverpool. The exhibit was put together by the Grammy Museum. A set of gowns were loaned for the exhibit that haven't been used in any of Mary's previous exhibits.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 12-03-2014 at 01:47 PM.

supremester Guest
    Raggedy Ann pant suits? Which are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Does anyone know if the Raggedy Ann pants suits were burned ? That was the only gown I saw them wear that I thought did not look Supreme. It was even worse than the Love Child street clothes.

Raggedy Ann pant suits? Which are they?
    These are referred to as the "Raggedy Ann" pant suits. These did not burn in the fire in Mexico.
    Name:  IMG_1438.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  93.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    - The mystery gowns worn during the Touch photo sessions are a reddish/maroon color and in Mary's collection.
    Thank you Brad.

The red pants suits worn by JMC for their debut on Ed Sullivan look radically altered and worn by MSS on American Bandstand when they did "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking".

DMC wore quite a few gowns from the DMF era - so what's the difference simply because it was jean joining and diana leaving. and it wasn't just the transition months either after Flo left. the pink chiffon and the white sequin with the diagonal pearl stripes were worn for years after Flo.
    sups fan thank u for posting all these gowns with the diff. Groups of the act. I went to the central park concert in sept 70, i remember jmc wearing the spankled gowns dmc wore on t cover of talk of the town.... your expertise is flawless however, thanks for sharing.

supremester Guest
    I love those red dresses on Touch sessions - did they ever work in them or just use for the shoot? , despise the Raggedy ann things. They look good in this pic but they were hideous on TV and on ebay.
    I can't believe I never noticed the red pantsuits on Dick Clark - they look great on all 3. I agree with Dick - Mary was WAYYYY to hammy - especially since it was Scherrie's song. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0WUseWNooo

Here's the GIT gowns on Mike Douglas in 1976 - you can't blame them for wearing these, they still look great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzbZbZ4oC5c

And the rainbow gowns from DR&TS that worked great with JML

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpaMqDeU-0I
    Last edited by supremester; 12-03-2014 at 04:42 PM.

I love those red dresses on Touch sessions - did they ever work in them or just use for the shoot?
    They did wear them in performance, but not much. The necklines were altered to a U cut neckline. I think they looked better.

These are referred to as the "Raggedy Ann" pant suits. These did not burn in the fire in Mexico.
    Oh GOD yes that is them !!!!
    Sorry they were the only ones i do not think did justice to any of the girls lovely bodies.

My favorites were from their second appearance on flip Wilson the lavender dresses that were very form fitting. Even jean looked good in hers.

These outfits should have burned! Hideous! A hot mess. The girls look terrible in them and those shoes don't look much better. Clunky all the way around. This is the first time I've heard they had a" name".....Raggedy Ann. They're 'raggedy alright. I have a name for them.....but, I won't use it in polite company.
    Last edited by blueskies; 12-03-2014 at 07:05 PM.

yeah, sorry but Mary should have asked for her money back on these. They are almost like a bad imitation of the bat wings outfit.

Diana was right on with this one they were blue. However, Mary was also somewhat correct about the gown because one was later made similar that was pink. The think is the one worn on the Ed Sullivan show was blue.

Bradsupremes - you bring up a great story and thanks for sharing. those "tent" things from the Touch session IMO are ghastly but hey, i've only seen 2 pics of them. maybe they're better than they appear. were there other gowns in the collection that you saw that were totally foreign to you?

guys i'm just passing on info here from a multitude of sources. i've tried to read as much as i can [[books, internet, etc) on the girls since i'm a huge fan. if i pass along something that was shared yet is incorrect, i apologize. there are sources out there [[Brad, Randy and others) that have been blessed to have such wonderful experiences with the girls and i thoroughly enjoy having them share this info. however unless you're contractually bound to not share information, why hold it back? if someone is incorrectly stating something, correct it. doesn't have to be adversarial or confrontational. yes, some people are loons and will take it the wrong way. just move on from them. but most of us fan are just hungry for as much info on the girls as we can get.

supremester Guest
    Well said - all info is good info...

supremester you always bash Mary Wilson,and its so funny,you act,or even say you're not bashing her,you can bash her all you want,no real Supreme fan care about all the negative things you say about Mary Wilson,because we know the truth,i just notice you can't stop saying negatives about her lmao

supremester Guest
    I didn't bash Mary at all. Nothing even close to that. What exactly are you referring to? What truth do you know? Mary DID refuse Syreeta and says so. The limos are available to everyone with access to a telephone. What's your point? LOL

There's LOTS I could write to "bash" Mary if I wanted to. Someone brought up the limo story, I simply put it in perspective. If you honestly believe that the reason they took taxis is because of Motown, then believe it. How many limos does Mary pay for now? Zero - just like before. If Diana Mary & Cindy didn't ask where all the money went - at least Jean Terrell did - and once they realized THEY paid for limos, they might have chosen a $4 taxi to a $60 Limo. Look it up, the info is out there. REAL Supremes fans know that, thanks to the internet and Youtube, not everything in Mary's books are true. If yu choose to believe it all - that's great - enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    supremester you always bash Mary Wilson,and its so funny,you act,or even say you're not bashing her,you can bash her all you want,no real Supreme fan care about all the negative things you say about Mary Wilson,because we know the truth,i just notice you can't stop saying negatives about her lmao

Lulu Guest
    I know supremester - he does not "bash" Mary. In fact, he's spent more time with her and knows her on a closer level than anyone on this forum DESPITE what some may claim.

Can we have one discussion without ruffling anyone feathers.

supremester Guest
    This is true but I don't go there here cuz I love to hear others talk about their friendship - however, you know me but do I know you? Email me privately if you want me to know, otherwisdse, I'm cool with Lulu.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    I know supremester - he does not "bash" Mary. In fact, he's spent more time with her and knows her on a closer level than anyone on this forum DESPITE what some may claim.

Supremester you are too funny, you and your friends, think you're foolin people here,you're not,this post is about Diana's last gown with The Supremes,and you have made it about,somthing that has nothing to do with Diana's last gown lmao
    Last edited by REDHOT; 12-05-2014 at 05:24 PM.

supremester Guest
    Oh, I'd know better than to try to fool YOU!

Bradsupremes - you bring up a great story and thanks for sharing. those "tent" things from the Touch session IMO are ghastly but hey, i've only seen 2 pics of them. maybe they're better than they appear. were there other gowns in the collection that you saw that were totally foreign to you?

guys i'm just passing on info here from a multitude of sources. i've tried to read as much as i can [[books, internet, etc) on the girls since i'm a huge fan. if i pass along something that was shared yet is incorrect, i apologize. there are sources out there [[Brad, Randy and others) that have been blessed to have such wonderful experiences with the girls and i thoroughly enjoy having them share this info. however unless you're contractually bound to not share information, why hold it back? if someone is incorrectly stating something, correct it. doesn't have to be adversarial or confrontational. yes, some people are loons and will take it the wrong way. just move on from them. but most of us fan are just hungry for as much info on the girls as we can get.
    I do think the red gowns from the Touch sessions look much better than what has been seen. I think they are far from the worst gowns they've worn. I actually like them. In fact, there is a set of gowns with the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History which toured as a part of their Apollo exhibit a few years ago that are, in my opinion, the worst set of gowns ever created for the group. They look like cotton balls glued on with big beaded bows, waistbands and cuffs. Mary has said Diana loved the gowns, but neither she or Cindy liked them. I think many will agree. Definitely un-Supreme. Name:  P6290039.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  87.3 KB
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 12-05-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Lulu Guest
    I do think the red gowns from the Touch sessions look much better than what has been seen. I think they are far from the worst gowns they've worn. I actually like them. In fact, there is a set of gowns with the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History which toured as a part of their Apollo exhibit a few years ago that are, in my opinion, the worst set of gowns ever created for the group. They look like cotton balls glued on with big beaded bows, waistbands and cuffs. Mary has said Diana loved the gowns, but neither she or Cindy liked them. I think many will agree. Definitely un-Supreme. Name:  P6290039.jpg
    I rather like them and I can see why Diana would. They'd certainly work better on a more slight figure. Curves wouldn't really pull the whole look together well IMHO.

i will say you cant miss that. very 60's twiggy meets Goldie Hawn?

supremester Guest
    Very interesting - VERY 1966/67.....I can see Miss Ross in one, but not the others. It sucks DR&TS account got charged for dresses that never in a million years would work on anyone but her. I think I've seen these before or a pic of her in one - maybe she wore it to a premiere or something. They were so mod that they were probably no longer in by the time they got shipped to Detroit. I'd be surprised if these were made for DMC, I'd bet they were DMF - anyone know?

Very interesting - VERY 1966/67.....I can see Miss Ross in one, but not the others. It sucks DR&TS account got charged for dresses that never in a million years would work on anyone but her. I think I've seen these before or a pic of her in one - maybe she wore it to a premiere or something. They were so mod that they were probably no longer in by the time they got shipped to Detroit. I'd be surprised if these were made for DMC, I'd bet they were DMF - anyone know?
    I was told they were made for DMC, but it's possible DMF.

supremester Guest
    Can you imagine Flo in these? LOL

smark21 Guest
    ....Poor Flo

I think the Dynamic Superiors inherited those yellow outfits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZH18LOeEvA

Some of The Supremes 70s on stage apparel weren't always on par with what was worn by DRATS 1967-1969, but I seem to recall many performers during the same period, male as well as female, wearing stylish and trendy outfits that were hideous. A lot of the 70s style clothing was ugly. I imagine they were stepping out from the tuxedo and gown mentality and trying other options with varying degrees of success.

I saw Tony Washington and the Dynamic Superiors three or four times in Boston, they always put on a great show. Wish he and they were still around and performing. RIP Tony.
    Last edited by johnjeb; 12-06-2014 at 08:24 PM.

supremester Guest
    I have never seen them before and Miss woman is fantastic! OMG - can you imagine how many hours he spent in the mirror with a hairbrush doing Miss Ross? Thank you so much for this - they great.