[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Mixed by DJ Spinna

Name:  DJ.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  53.6 KB

DJ Spinna takes on the sound of Motown, with wonderful results – and a groove that's quite different than any other project we've heard from him! If you only know Spinna as a talent in a contemporary mode, you'll really be surprised at his love and understanding of classic Motown – as he mixes together 22 vintage tracks from the legendary soul label, all in a non-stop groove that features some great Spinna twists and turns as the music comes together! There's a few tracks that are all new Spinna edits of classics, and others have little touches here and there as they move on – a thoughtful way of mixing that really makes all the cuts resonate strongly together. Titles include "Date With The Rain [[DJ Spinna refreak)" by Eddie Kendricks, "Brothers Gonna Work It Out [[DJ Spinna refreak)" by Willie Hutch, "Bernadette" by Four Tops, "Malinda" by Bobby Taylor & The Vancouvers, "Do It Baby" by The Miracles, "The Love You Save" by Jackson 5, "Love's Gone Bad" by Chris Clark, "I'm A Sucker For Your Love" by Teena Marie, "The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game" by Barbara McNair, and "Honey Chile" by Martha Reeves & The Vandellas. © 1996-2014, Dusty Groove, Inc.

I ordered a copy from amazon.UK and it is on its way to me in Vancouver, Canada. When it arrives, I'll post my comments.

If anyone is interested http://www.amazon.co.jp has it for just over $20.00 US. I don't know what the shipping is. Amazon US is $15 more.

My copy of Undisputed Soul mixed by DJ Spinna arrived from England and what a musical treat this is. Released to commemorate the 55th anniversary Of Motown as a Universal Japan import this set is well worth seeking out. While some tracks from the sixties don't have noticeable cosmetic surgery, several iconic recordings feature little touchups here and there, like subtle scratching effects that update some of the tracks, sure to appeal to a new audience and for me, makes for delightful ear candy.

Three tracks get the "DJ Spinna ReFreak full treatment" reordering elements of the original tracks. The 22 tracks cover just about every major artist on the label, but missing in action are Gladys Knight & the Pips, The Smokey Robinson led Miracles and The Marvelettes.

Although the tracks are separated, each song flows smoothly into the next with musical interludes that work well. Not as radical a reworking of Motown classic material as two previous volumes of U.S. Motown remix collections, this set preserves the integrity of the original recordings but with enough fine tuning to make it a worthwhile addition to fans of the original tracks. Name:  P1210532.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  63.6 KBName:  P1210533.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  52.9 KB
    Last edited by Mark Desjardines; 12-03-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Mine should arrive any day now! DJ Spinna is a wonderful DJ with great respect for the legacy of the music.

Good to see you here Dr Jaap. I think about you when I hear I Heard a Love Song but you Never made a Sound on the Last Time I saw Him album.