[REMOVE ADS]

.INNERviews with Ernie Manouse: Mary Wilson [[ 1/2 Hour)

A very interesting current interview with Motown legend Mary Wilson:

Ernie knows his stuff I wonder if he is a fan. I have never heard an interviewer say that the Supremes had hits in the beginning more than Ross when she left. Everytime I see an interview with Mary Wilson and Martha Reeves as well I come away with something new.

You know when it comes to the Supremes I wonder if anyone has thought that Mary Wilson had the best selling autobiography [[music) of all time, Florence [[Dreamgirl character based on her Jennifer Hudson) won an Academy Award and Diana is in the Guinness book of World Records as most successful female singer [[counting solo and group). These 3 black women as a group have had more success than ANY girl group together and apart with their accomplishments. Flo in spirit but still!

Very interesting interview. But the answer to the question about the gowns puzzles me. Mary says that as members left the group, the gowns stayed. Mary did leave the group and Susaye and Sherrie were supposedly going to go on as a group. So how did Mary get the gowns and not Motown or Susaye and Sherrie.

And it is interesting to know that THE SUPREMES and JUDY GARLAND were on the same bill, if only for one day.

Name:  JUDY.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  73.4 KB

The first artist to play the Astrodome was Judy Garland on December 17, 1965, and she was paid $43,000 for the one show.

The Supremes were her opening act, and tickets were priced from $1 to $7.50.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post

The first artist to play the Astrodome was Judy Garland on December 17, 1965, and she was paid $43,000 for the one show.

The Supremes were her opening act, and tickets were priced from $1 to $7.50.

Two of my top 3 singers...I would have loved that show!

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    You know when it comes to the Supremes I wonder if anyone has thought that Mary Wilson had the best selling autobiography [[music) of all time, Florence [[Dreamgirl character based on her Jennifer Hudson) won an Academy Award and Diana is in the Guinness book of World Records as most successful female singer [[counting solo and group). These 3 black women as a group have had more success than ANY girl group together and apart with their accomplishments. Flo in spirit but still!
    This is what some people forget or overlook on purpose. They had an impact individually and collectively. There never was just one that was important to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Ernie knows his stuff I wonder if he is a fan. I have never heard an interviewer say that the Supremes had hits in the beginning more than Ross when she left. Everytime I see an interview with Mary Wilson and Martha Reeves as well I come away with something new.
    Also some do not know that Mary was childhood friends with Aretha and Carolyn Franklin.
    Last edited by marv2; 11-19-2014 at 10:34 PM.

im guessing they didnt want the gowns lol