[REMOVE ADS]

Post JIMMY SCOTT MEMORIAL ~ New York City ~ October 25, 2014 ~

From the New York Times & Daily Challenge Newspapers ~ hmmmm...won't upload!

No photo's will upload [[???),
    so all I can say it was a "3 hour long" performance of singers and speakers.

* Congressman Charles B. Rangel, Lloyd Williams President of the Chamber of Commerce, Reverend Calvin O. Butts [[Abyssinian Baptist Church), many industry folks such as Harry Weinger, Leo Sacks, Bill Bentley, etc.... Writers David Ritz and James McBride. Actor Kevin Spacey, Dr. Mable John, Sharyn Felder, Producer Hal Wilner, Producer Jill Newman, Hilliard Greene, other singers and musicians in attendance. Wendy Oxenhorn, Jazz Foundation of America who awarded me with a plaque, the Rhythm & Blues Foundation,
    SDF's veteran members Kevin Goins, Bobby & Vonnie Eli, and too many other music related folks to mention.

* Stellar performances by: Chuck Jackson, Sam Moore, Dr. John, Davell Crawford, Randy Weston, Andy Bey, Antony Hagerty, & Storm Gardner. *Jimmy's band The Jazz Expressions, Bill Easley, Deb Hastings, George Naha, Toya & Etienne Lytle musicians who shared duties.
    The singers poured emotion into their performances the way Jimmy always did.
    * Film clip of Jimmy opened and closed the performances.

I am happy and proud their will be a scholarship this summer in Jimmy's name.

Sorry SDF uploader isn't working with anything, if anyone would like to read the program and see photo's, etc...from the memorial you will be able to see a whole album by scrolling down Jimmy's official Facebook page at:
    LEGENDARY JIMMY SCOTT

S.S.

Jeannie, B would have loved to have been there, but she had a gig in Florida that night. Hope David and Howard told you why she wasn't there. You must have felt very proud.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Hi Kevin,
    Yes, Howell & David both told me about the gig, I totally understand. Thank you for the nice message.
    Please give my best to Ms. B.

Yes, very proud, it was an amazing event, so moving. Abyssinian has seen a lot of memorials but the Rev. Butts said it's the best one he's ever seen.
    Jimmy was in that church and we all felt his presence. It was a blessing.

S.S.

You're welcome, Stephanie.

Wish you could have experienced it.

S.S.