[REMOVE ADS]

Man! First Cee Lo Green, and now Bill Cosby being accused of drugged rape.

And, this one sounds worse. The alleged victim was 17 at the time, and Cosby previously settled with the others. Think Michael Jackson.

One thing to note is that these alleged victims never report it to police first. They get a lawyer, but they file civil suits [[read $$$). I'm not saying nothing happened as these alleged victims say, but why are these famous people never arrested or charged, but they are sued for money?

FWIW, I think probably Cosby did it. There was always something phony about his too goody-goody two-shoes, clean image, and chewing out Eddie Murphy for foul language, and bashing rappers. I hated his phony Cosby Show. And I know Cee Lo Green is guilty as hell. There just wasn't enough evidence to charge him.

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/p...ations-n249271
    Last edited by soulster; 11-15-2014 at 03:32 PM.

Why did they wait so long to bring this up publicly? ahemmmm........

They wait because they are scared. Ghomeshi has hired a high powered female criminal lawyer and she will tear the crap out of the women that made allegations against him because they did not come forward, some for a very long period of time.

What these women have to go through is not conducive to encouraging them to come forward. And when there are a bunch of women, there is smoke and likely fire, just like there was with Michael Jackson.

But these people are all targets and if they used their upper heads, they would be more cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    And, this one sounds worse. The alleged victim was 17 at the time, and Cosby previously settled with the others. Think Michael Jackson.

One thing to note is that these alleged victims never report it to police first. They get a lawyer, but they file civil suits [[read $$$). I'm not saying nothing happened as these alleged victims say, but why are these famous people never arrested or charged, but they are sued for money?

FWIW, I think probably Cosby did it. There was always something phony about his too goody-goody two-shoes, clean image, and chewing out Eddie Murphy for foul language, and bashing rappers. I hated his phony Cosby Show. And I know Cee Lo Green is guilty as hell. There just wasn't enough evidence to charge him.

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/p...ations-n249271
    First of all I'd like to say Bill was accused of this BEFORE Ceelo Green's fairly recent scandal.
    Second, if Bill is guilty of this I say yea, charge his ass, try his ass, nail him. But...this whole
    thing is quite common with celebrities and a 30 year wait is quite a long time to make
    accusations and so, justifiably suspect. I'll wait and see how it plays out because one thing
    I do know is I don't KNOW anything for sure because I wasn't there to witness. In either
    case, Cos or Ceelo...And for the record, though Bill may prove to be a sleeze, he won't be
    the first or last and I'll still always appreciate his support of Motown artists, of classic jazz
    artists like Miles Davis, of public radio, he and I both being members of WBGO, his
    funding of black colleges, more than any other celeb in American history. Also, I 'd like to
    add I loved the damn Cosby show and the fact that it depicted black family life in a different
    way than ghetto ass crabs in a barrel which was the "norm" for people of color in film and tv
    once upon a time. I have relatives and friends who grew up living more like Cosby show folks
    than New Jack City...And as far as bashing rappers, some of these kids today do need to be
    bashed. Repeatedly! I'd like to start with Lil Wayne....

I LIKE Bill Cosby but I think he is guilty. A friend of mine years ago told me he used to frequent the Playboy mansion in the 60s [[what man didnt) but that he was very agressive towards women. Also when you have this many women coming out I think something may be going on.

Although Tiger Woods mishaps were consentual and Im sure most of those women were out for money it is usually true when you hear rumors throughout the years and people start coming out in droves! There are too many people who could hurt their own personal reputations by coming out with these types of allegations and one of the victims was correct in saying she came out 20 years ago about Cosby and nobody believed her because he is Bill Cosby and Mr Huxtable! Look at Stephen Collins he is the last person I would have suspected would touch young girls I looked at him as Rev Camden on Seventh Heaven which is a great show im sorry they took it off due to his mishap. I hope Cos didnt do any of this but it is not looking good. Dont worry fans he wont see any jailtime this stuff was 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Well, the charges have been floating around for at least a decade, but was kept hush-hush. It was also probably overshadowed by the killing of his son.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    They wait because they are scared. Ghomeshi has hired a high powered female criminal lawyer and she will tear the crap out of the women that made allegations against him because they did not come forward, some for a very long period of time.

What these women have to go through is not conducive to encouraging them to come forward. And when there are a bunch of women, there is smoke and likely fire, just like there was with Michael Jackson.
    Correct. Bill Cosby=powerful. Victims=young, scared and intimidated, and very embarrassed.

But these people are all targets and if they used their upper heads, they would be more cautious.
    Wait! You want to be careful about blaming the victim! That is the biggest reason most do not come forward.

But, my question is, if they were raped, why go to a lawyer and sue instead of to the police? If you go to a lawyer, it's going to go public anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Dont worry fans he wont see any jailtime this stuff was 30 years ago.
    But, are there statues of limitations in the state where the rape allegedly occurred? Was the girl of consensual age?

But, are there statues of limitations in the state where the rape allegedly occurred? Was the girl of consensual age?
    The girl was 17 at the time s no she was not consenting to this imo.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Really......really. You are really somethin else.

Watch this video. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about her story that doesn't seem right.
    http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...tions.cnn.html

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...tions.cnn.html

There is no evidence, and she is pulling up things she says she remembers, but then can't remember because she was drugged? But, she remembers what was said while she was drugged.

Now, studies have shown that there are no reliable ways to really tell if someone is lying, but, in both interviews, she has a strange tendency to smile at certain things. I'm not saying she is lying, but something isn't right about this.
    Last edited by soulster; 11-16-2014 at 12:58 PM.

My guess is that if there are any criminal charges against either Cosby or Ghomeshi, they will be unsuccessful. The victims will be put through hell. But they might get some money in the end.

It appears there might be some similarities ~ perhaps a few powerful men like control, like rough sex which then becomes more than rough sex without consent.

Like Splanky's post above. I've heard stories about Lil Wayne moving his bus into the entrances to a large hotel ~ sitting in the bus and refusing to come for 5 hours while everyone else has to work around him, including the public. And some of the grand divas of the 60's are perfect angels compared to that when they visit the same hotel.

It may be real difficult to believe her if she was the only one woman but knowing that 10 years or so ago some 13 women step forward to testify against him gives this woman a lot of creddibility imo. I think Mr Cosby is guilty guilty guilty. Theres no smoke without fore.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I have relatives and friends who grew up living more like Cosby show folks
    than New Jack City...And as far as bashing rappers, some of these kids today do need to be
    bashed. Repeatedly! I'd like to start with Lil Wayne....
    Lil Wuss...I mean Wayne may be an exception...bash his ass! But, I knew more Black people that lived like Julia and Corey Wade [[you remember that NBC show "Julia" from 1970, don't you?).

I enjoyed the first Bill Cosby Show back in 1970, but hated the 80s show because it was phony, not because of the house and all that, but the phoniness of how anyone, Black or White carried on. Always happy, no yelling, ate all meals together, parents were professionals but somehow were always home...
    Last edited by soulster; 11-16-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Ol cos wanted some of that...[jello pudding].

[QUOTE=soulster:

I enjoyed the first Bill Cosby Show back in 1970, but hated the 80s show because it was phony, not because of the house and all that, but the phoniness of how anyone, Black or White carried on. Always happy, no yelling, ate all meals together, parents were professionals but somehow were always home...[/QUOTE]

Soulster, it was a situation comedy on television. Reality TV hadn't been invented yet....still
    hasn't in my opinion. As far as "all happy, no yelling,"etc...a dozen or so other shows set up the same scenario. It is exactly because the characters were black and you are black that you
    wanted it to be different than it was. A lot of us [[black and white and other) reacted to it
    the same way. And of course I remember Julia. I grew up watching it. I also remember it
    took like yearssssssssssss before tv allowed another black themed show. ...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Soulster, it was a situation comedy on television. Reality TV hadn't been invented yet....still
    Remember, i'm about the same age as you are. I'm well aware of what a sitcom is. I grew up watching sitcoms.

...hasn't in my opinion. As far as "all happy, no yelling,"etc...a dozen or so other shows set up the same scenario. It is exactly because the characters were black and you are black that you
    wanted it to be different than it was. A lot of us [[black and white and other) reacted to it
    the same way.
    True. As I remember it, all the criticism of the show was from Black people, not low-income types, but middle-class Blacks like me. White America in the 80s was still enchanted with the idea that Black people could be just like them. Bill O'Reilly must not have been watching. That was part of Cosby's plan back then after a decade of Black characters in "Good Times", "What's Happenin'", and Blaxploitation films, and Sherman Hemsley on "The Jeffersons", to show Blacks in a positive light for once. I just think he went overboard.

And of course I remember Julia. I grew up watching it. I also remember it
    took like yearssssssssssss before tv allowed another black themed show. ...
    It was only four years between "Julia" and "Good Times". I'll have to look it up, but I think I remember an early attempt at a Black show like ABC's "Family" that barely lasted a week.
    Last edited by soulster; 11-17-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    It may be real difficult to believe her if she was the only one woman but knowing that 10 years or so ago some 13 women step forward to testify against him gives this woman a lot of creddibility imo. I think Mr Cosby is guilty guilty guilty. Theres no smoke without fore.

Roberta
    There have been a number of high profile cases involving celebrities in the UK recently. In some cases, they have been found guilty, in other cases they have been found not guilty, but in all cases they have been judged on the available facts by means of a rigorous court procedure. I believe it is morally wrong to prejudge people on generalisations , preconceptions, innuendoes and rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    There have been a number of high profile cases involving celebrities in the UK recently. In some cases, they have been found guilty, in other cases they have been found not guilty, but in all cases they have been judged on the available facts by means of a rigorous court procedure. I believe it is morally wrong to prejudge people on generalisations , preconceptions, innuendoes and rumours.

I said I THINK Mr Cosby is guilty guilty guilty. Theres a lot of smoke surrounding him and a lot of women making the same claim. I believe in our justice system so whatever the courts decide Ill respect.

Roberta

I said I THINK Mr Cosby is guilty guilty guilty. Theres a lot of smoke surrounding him and a lot of women making the same claim. I believe in our justice system so whatever the courts decide Ill respect.

Roberta
    I'll respect the courts' decision as well, but I won't venture an opinion on the accused's guilt until I see the evidence.

I'll respect the courts' decision as well, but I won't venture an opinion on the accused's guilt until I see the evidence.
    and thats your perogative my dear.

Fondly,

Roberta

People are so quick to believe anything. I reserve judgement. There have been too many black men accused of raping white woman in this country, that were based on lies.

I'm gonna have me a[jello pudding pop]and wait for the outcome.

and thats your perogative my dear.

Fondly,

Roberta
    And to express your opinion is also your prerogative as well. Just remember that next time anyone spreads untrue gossip about you that it was you who said that "there's no smoke without fire".

And to express your opinion is also your prerogative as well. Just remember that next time anyone spreads untrue gossip about you that it was you who said that "there's no smoke without fire".
    I appreciate that 144man.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

None of us knows the truth here, but I have my fair share of doubts. For instance, the most recent 'victim' said she was drugged and raped twice more than 40 years ago. Here are my concerns:
    1. Bill Cosby was not an icon in 1969 like he is now. I have a hard time believing a white woman could have a hard time being believed had she pressed charges with the police.
    2. It defies common sense and logic that someone would permit herself to be drugged a second time by the same man. I call bullshit on this one.

And regarding the other who said she came to while naked as he assisted her in the bathroom, I would ask her about their interactions after the incident. Did she just put on her clothes and leave? Did he threaten her to be quiet? How would he know she wouldn't press charges? Did anyone else know that she was there or miss her when she didn't come home overnight?

I'm not suggesting that they aren't telling the truth, just that there are logical concerns based on the little bit that I've heard about the allegations. Bill Cosby doesn't deserve any presumption of innocence here, but the accusers don't deserve any more credence based on the news interviews that don't go nearly far enough to corroborate their claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    None of us knows the truth here, but I have my fair share of doubts. For instance, the most recent 'victim' said she was drugged and raped twice more than 40 years ago. Here are my concerns:
    1. Bill Cosby was not an icon in 1969 like he is now. I have a hard time believing a white woman could have a hard time being believed had she pressed charges with the police.
    2. It defies common sense and logic that someone would permit herself to be drugged a second time by the same man. I call bullshit on this one.

And regarding the other who said she came to while naked as he assisted her in the bathroom, I would ask her about their interactions after the incident. Did she just put on her clothes and leave? Did he threaten her to be quiet? How would he know she wouldn't press charges? Did anyone else know that she was there or miss her when she didn't come home overnight?

I'm not suggesting that they aren't telling the truth, just that there are logical concerns based on the little bit that I've heard about the allegations. Bill Cosby doesn't deserve any presumption of innocence here, but the accusers don't deserve any more credence based on the news interviews that don't go nearly far enough to corroborate their claims.
    I agree with most of what you've written, except that BC was an icon in 1969. Second, he does deserve the presumption of innocence. He hasn't been proven guilty of anything, and there is no evidence of these claims. But, he did quietly settle one case already, which means it could have happened at least once. And, the reason he says nothing could be because there was a gag-order on that settlement.

Let me explain myself. When I say he doesn't deserve the presumption of innocence, I mean in the court of public opinion, not in the court of law. We all deserve it when tried criminally but public figures are subject to conjecture and opinion when things go wrong, just as they sit behind the curtain to make us believe they're someone besides who they truly are.

And if we can presume his culpability in this sordid mess, we can also presume that his accusers don't have clean hands.

Sorry, Soulster.. I started a new thread on this because I didn't see this one, I just saw Cee-lo and didn't see the Bill Cosby part of the title. I'll bring all my discussion here now that I see it.

Roberta
    '

Women stepping forward can also be triflin' bitches jumping on the bandwagon.

Lil Wuss...I mean Wayne may be an exception...bash his ass! But, I knew more Black people that lived like Julia and Corey Wade [[you remember that NBC show "Julia" from 1970, don't you?).

I enjoyed the first Bill Cosby Show back in 1970, but hated the 80s show because it was phony, not because of the house and all that, but the phoniness of how anyone, Black or White carried on. Always happy, no yelling, ate all meals together, parents were professionals but somehow were always home...
    I maintain even to this day, that of all sitcoms in history, Roseanne was the most realistic. I do see how the Cosby show can be seen as the Brady Bunch dipped in chocolate... but I also have a new respect for the Brady Bunch and Gilligan's island after hearing Sherwood Schwartz interviewed. There was deeper intent beyond the "phoniness" we saw. And believe it or not, The Waltons was very realistic, except for the disasters that happened with alarming frequency. But it was only realistic for a small segment of the population, and in a certain time.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    I maintain even to this day, that of all sitcoms in history, Roseanne was the most realistic. I do see how the Cosby show can be seen as the Brady Bunch dipped in chocolate... but I also have a new respect for the Brady Bunch and Gilligan's island after hearing Sherwood Schwartz interviewed. There was deeper intent beyond the "phoniness" we saw. And believe it or not, The Waltons was very realistic, except for the disasters that happened with alarming frequency. But it was only realistic for a small segment of the population, and in a certain time.
    I agree on all counts.

The Brady Bunch had Robert Reed who attempted to keep the show planted in reality and fact. he was always arguing with the script writers and on the phone to the library and professionals to get facts.

While "GIlligan's Island's situation was totally unrealistic, the way people in crisis bond together was.

I agree with Whoopi and Rosie Perez on this:

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    '

Women stepping forward can also be triflin' bitches jumping on the bandwagon.
    They can also be women that were raped or sexual harrassed.

And in the end, we'll never know the truth. I'm cool with taking sides so long as the side taken is based on something other than a 1:20 segment on 'Entertainment Tonight'. I have no reason to believe either side in the whole nasty situation so I won't suppose he's right or wrong.

It's the same as it is in the Jian Ghomeshi situation: If you're a public person, you can act like it's all sunshine and roses but expect any secrets to be exposed. And once they're exposed, you can expect there to be consequences when your sponsors duck and cover to distance themselves from you.

I admire Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan. Both of them had squeaky clean images until scandal peeled that away. Since they've been exposed, they have no problem with being seen as the arrogant pricks they have always been.

The fact that Cosby settled one lawsuit makes me think he did it at least once. Once is all it takes.

Whatever the case may be, he's getting punished for it, which is unfair since nothing has been proven. Netflix has suspended the premiere for his new concert, NBC has pulled out of the development of his new TV show, and another station has stopped showing The Cosby Show reruns. I wonder if Universal will pull his lone comedy album he had on Motown.
    Last edited by soulster; 11-20-2014 at 03:23 AM.

Here's an article with a list of many of the allegations against Cosby:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/19/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t2

Interesting to note that all of these people came out starting in 2005, but the charges sound very believable. He had a relationship with one of them. he sounds like he has an MO: make nice, invite them to dinner or his place, drug them, and have his way with them. If they fight, he gives up. He paid one of them.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/19/opinio...html?hpt=hp_t3

And, i'm starting to believe his accusers:
    Last edited by soulster; 11-20-2014 at 01:29 PM.

And, i'm starting to believe his accusers:
    I thought you said that in your original post...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I thought you said that in your original post...
    I've been back and forth, but, the more I see the history, and look at the behavior, I believe the accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

What do you mean like there was with Michael Jackson? Both boys that accused Michael of molestation [[at the encouragement of greedy parents) both admitted that they lied about it . The real tragedy is that they waited until Michael was dead. The little bastards!

This is getting good,time for another[jello pudding pop].

Just because these rapes allegedly happen 20 or 40 years ago dont mean it didnt happen. Time may have passed but traumatic experiences and abuse are never ever forgotten. Bill Cosby may be a huge star but these rape stories keep coming up. Just because he play this family man on TV and give money to charities and give motivation lectures doesn't absolve him of comiting crimes and abuse. Sometimes things are not always as they seem.

Roberta

Just because these rapes allegedly happen 20 or 40 years ago dont mean it didnt happen. Time may have passed but traumatic experiences and abuse are never ever forgotten. Bill Cosby may be a huge star but these rape stories keep coming up. Just because he play this family man on TV and give money to charities and give motivation lectures doesn't absolve him of comiting crimes and abuse. Sometimes things are not always as they seem.

Roberta
    Great point. Keep it in mind from both perspectives. There's a long history of people being accused of crimes with no evidence to back the accusations. There have been plenty of Black men wrongly convicted based upon a woman's assertions against him [[usually the woman is White).

I'm not saying he's innocent, but to suggest he should be condemned because someone said he did something 45 years ago seems a little unwise to me. How does one defend himself decades later when it appears that the public believes his accusers already? He probably is guilty in some of these cases, but my common sense suggests that some or many of these women are piling on.