[REMOVE ADS]

Drummer on Dennis Coffey & the Detroit Guitar Band's Evolution LP.

I've been listening to Dennis Coffey & the Detroit Guitar Band's Evolution album recently. I know Ray Monette, Bob Babbit and Jack Ashford contributed to the album, but who was the drummer[[s) on the album? Was it Uriel Jones or Richard 'Pistol' Allen? Were there other Funk Brothers involved like Eddie "Bongo" Brown?

Hi brad,
    since no one is replying,i'll tell you what i remember. Dennis would know for sure,but i'm pretty sure pistol was on the album. Eddie bongo was there for sure.you can hear him talking,among others,on the break on scorpio.also ,andrew smith did some of the album. That's about it.after all it was 43 years ago!
    Ray

Ray,
    Good to hear from you. What's up these days?

Hi ralph,
    still working with rare earth during the season. Had back surgery in may.still recuperating from that. The shows that we did,i had to play sitting down.that was odd! But finally starting to come back. Have to start working out to build back up.take good care of your back....you don't want to go through this!
    Sony released our recent live album.and "live in chicago",which was never released since 1974,is out or coming out soon frm an independant label in limited edition.
    Hope all is well with you.
    Ray

On the back of the album covers I have, It states that Andrew Smith, and at times, Pistol Allen were the drummers [[particularly "Scorpio")

Hi Ray,
    Good to hear from you. I've had my share of back problems, so you have my complete sympathy and understanding. Nice to see the Chicago album is, at last, being released. Best of luck with it.

Hi kraig,
    thanks for that. Nice to know my memory isn't too bad. I'm quite sure it was pistol on scorpio.i don't remember two drummers like motown used almost all the time on tracks.

Thanks ralph,
    sorry about your back problems.work that core....that's what the doc keeps telling me.
    Live in chicago is released by culture factory usa. They licensed it from umg.
    I heard it,and it sounds great! That's been a long time coming!