[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes/STOP! Video--A New & Just About Perfect Print! Feat. Bumper Cars!

I've posted this clip before but this new print of it is just too good to let slip by some who might have never seen it before.

Filmed at an in-door amusement place, I'd say.

With Florence and Mary in very 60s pants outfits and racing around in electric bumper cars.

And Diana as your go-go airline stewardess, sort of [[with go-go boots, of course) to lead you through it all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETKc_IzsSTQ

Many thanks to Slick Rocks for posting this terrific new print on YouTube.
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 11-13-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks, Methuselah2, for another great video which I had never seen. You're right -- this video print is picture-perfect! - Gary

You're most welcome, Gary. First time I saw it, I couldn't quite believe it. It's a real artifact of sorts, and so entertaining. The Supremes all seemed in such good humor about it that just adds to the fun. And it's the entire 60s in a nutshell, fashion-wise, that is. Flo and Mary look terrific, I think, in those hard-to-pull-off outfits, and I love how Diana looks in her suit and boots. Throw in that Sassoon-cut wig of hers and somebody better catch me before I fall down. She looks so wonderful--it's overpowering. Authentic 60s stuff at its best.

And my motto is: "When in doubt--Post!" There's always someone out there who hasn't seen it--and will be glad to now. [[At least that's my hope.)
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 11-12-2014 at 03:18 AM.

It is from the tv special ITS A MOD MOD MOD WORLD hosted by Cousin Brucie. I think it was filmed at Palisades Park.

'BINGO!', Reese. You're right--it was Palisades Park:

http://books.google.com/books?id=dmZ...ed=0CBEQ6AEwAg

It`s good to see that there is a good quality version of this clip around, my copy is very ordinary.Thanks Methuselah. The other song that they perform is "You Can`t Hurry Love" hopefully that too will be available in a good print.

smark21 Guest
    Cute video; they all looked hot in their outfits; too bad Mary and Flo were almost immediately consigned to the carts, but they looked they were all having genuine fun with this performance.

Roger P. - My pleasure. I was very surprised when I stumbled upon it because I'd never seen a clear print of it before. I had a feeling there would be others like myself who'd be interested to see this print. I'll be on the lookout for a good print of the YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE clip.

And Smark, it had never occurred to me before but putting Flo and Mary in the bumper cars must have been planned from the very beginning--hence them being in pants. But they got to shine in the number just the same, as did Diana.

The two clips from Palisades Park aired fairly recently on a TJ Lubinsky PBS special. Most likely this is where the clear clips are coming from.

Who is TJ Lubinsky?

They do all look fantastic - Flo was definitely not overweight here! Is this the only time a midriff was bared in a Supremes performance?
    Last edited by ejluther; 11-13-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    Who is TJ Lubinsky?
    He produces all those wonderful MY MUSIC specials for PBS during fund raisers. He's gotten a lot of groups together for these specials like Arlene Smith rejoining the Chantels and Claudette rejoining the Miricles. I think he was also involved with the Ed Sullivan DVDs.

And he is also a member of SDF

Thought I had seen em all. Thanks Meth! Another great one for my collection!!

So glad you enjoyed it, LHO. It's a fun clip and very different from how we're used to seeing The Supremes. It brings back everything I used to feel about them from the 60s--always like I was seeing them for the first time no matter how many times I had already seen them. I've been watching this clip like crazy.