Views: 414
Size:  66.7 KB

Track listing:

1. Take the Boy Out of the Country
    2. I’m Taking Back My Love
    3. Hypnotized
    4. I Can’t Stop Lovin’ My Baby
    5. What’ve I Done [[To Make You Mad)
    6. Make Me Surrender [[Baby, Baby, Please)
    7. Give My Love a Try
    8. You Can’t Take It
    9. A Last Minute Miracle
    10. If Only [[We Had Met Sooner)
    11. The Things I’ve Been Through [[Loving You)
    12. Seeing Is Believing
    13. I Can’t Stand It
    14. Fugitive from Love
    15. My Heart Needs a Break
    16. What Can I Do [[Without You)
    17. Yesterday
    18. My Heart [[Will Understand)
    19. It Won’t Take Much [[to Bring Me Back)
    20. I Who Have Nothing
    21. I Just Can’t Live My Life

Looks like a nice collection. I have two cherished Linda LPs, "Your Precious Love" and "Let It Be Me" on Turbo, but nothing from these labels.

I don't think there is one bad recording by the great Linda Jones. Loved her Turbo/All Platinum recordings. I remember reading an interview w/ Joe Robinson, All Platinum owner, in which he stated that they had many unreleased recordings by Linda. How I would love to hear those songs...

Here's just one of my favs:

Here's the original version released on Blue Cat in 1965; just as good IMO. She was amazing.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LINDA JONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting.

~~~Mary~~~

I believe that 'Yesterday' is unreleased.

"Yesterday" was issued by ACE Records in 2011 on the CD "Come Together [Black America Salutes Lennon & McCartney]".

I got really excited about this release until I checked & found I already have 18 of the 21 tracks, however it's a great release for anyone who hasn't got most of the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by brother_love View Post
    I believe that 'Yesterday' is unreleased.
    Hi brother love,

"Yesterday" was originally released as the b-side of "What Can I Do [[Without You)" on Loma and later on the CD that mr soul mentioned. The only track on the new set that to my knowledge has never been issued on CD is "My Heart [[Will Understand"), another b-side on Warner. It's a great ballad which was also covered by Florence Ballard for ABC but never issued at the time, later released on the "The Supreme Florence Ballard" CD in 2001.
    Last edited by no_place_like_motown; 11-13-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr soul View Post
    "Yesterday" was issued by ACE Records in 2011 on the CD "Come Together [Black America Salutes Lennon & McCartney]".

I got really excited about this release until I checked & found I already have 18 of the 21 tracks, however it's a great release for anyone who hasn't got most of the tracks.
    I have 20 of the 21 songs and I'm still getting it! Dying to hear the remastered "My Heart [[Will Understand)"...

My Heart [Will Understand] will probably sound like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cOvmmbjeCQ

For me Linda Jones is the most soulful female soul artist there ever was, she was serious about what she sang.

I've had everything I could get my hands on from her right from the beginning in 1967 when I first heard her.

S.S.

Unfortunately, this "complete" collection isn't quite complete - there's an unreleased Atco track missing, and I assume there's probably some unreleased Loma tracks too.