Working on the next version of DFTMC, I'm trying to reduce the number of CDs listed, or Ritchie's gonna take a year to format it all.

I decided that the Spectrum [[UK) Early Classics series was disposable. Interesting though the volumes were at the time, they've mostly been superceded now, and they're not all still in print. And they didn't include any songs, or versions of songs, that hadn't been previously released ... or so I thought.

Then I started looking at the Stevie Wonder volume. To my surprise, it contains four tracks - "Ain't That Love", "Frankie And Johnny", "Mary Ann", and "My Baby's Gone" - from Tribute To Uncle Ray ... in stereo! Although a stereo version of this album was prepared in 1965, it was never released, and the stereo masters have remained vaulted since then. The stereo album finally "appeared" on the iTunes "Complete Stevie Wonder" project in 2005 [[see http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the...der/id81078306 ), but that's never had a CD release.

Does anyone know of anywhere else where these tracks have appeared in stereo?

Does anyone know of any other tracks [[by any artist) that appeared first on the Early Classics series?

Keith