[REMOVE ADS]

Lulu Guest

"The Replacements"? Susaye doesn't think so!

RTL was brought up over on Facebook again and "uh oh"...someone had forgotten Susaye Greene was friends with the poster!

Name:  Screenshot 2014-11-02 20.54.14.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  8.3 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2014-11-02 20.56.56.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  19.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    RTL was brought up over on Facebook again and "uh oh"...someone had forgotten Susaye Greene was friends with the poster!

Name:  Screenshot 2014-11-02 20.54.14.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  8.3 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2014-11-02 20.56.56.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  19.5 KB

Miss Greene is a real fine lady and it isnt the first time shes raked a fan over the coals for getting all up in supremes business.

Roberta

Cheers to Susaye!!!! Sometimes misinformation just has to be corrected. She is telling the truth about the Motown Supremes. Why folks choose the think otherwise is simply silly.

Congratulations Susaye.

Well said Susaye Greene,what you said was so right,i love it lol

Good for her. I'm very tired of how "forgetful" people can be about who was a Supreme and how important each lady was to the group. The continuous bickering between factions of fans is juvenile. Scherrie and Susaye's Partners album proved that each Supreme was supreme and remained so after they left or the group disbanded. The same for Flo, Diana, Mary, Lynda, Jean, and Cindy. Its only some very disrespectful "fans" who keep this silliness going on. Ignore them!

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Good for her. I'm very tired of how "forgetful" people can be about who was a Supreme and how important each lady was to the group. The continuous bickering between factions of fans is juvenile. Scherrie and Susaye's Partners album proved that each Supreme was supreme and remained so after they left or the group disbanded. The same for Flo, Diana, Mary, Lynda, Jean, and Cindy. Its only some very disrespectful "fans" who keep this silliness going on. Ignore them!
    Great response! "Juvenile" was the term that I was searching for in my response about. Good job.... You hit the nail on the head!

smark21 Guest
    Besides I don't think Diana Ross ever collaborated with Paul Westerberg's band The Replacements. http://www.avclub.com/article/a-begi...e-repla-102761

Once again, Susaye sends out her positive juju into the world. There is something to be said about class.

HAHAHAHA
    Good One Susaye !!! No Fear Here !!!

Lulu Guest
    Well, apparently, that woman who made the comment is a friend/hairdresser to Mary Wilson which makes it seem even more out of line!

Well, apparently, that woman who made the comment is a friend/hairdresser to Mary Wilson which makes it seem even more out of line!
    I'd be curious to read the whole thread. We clearly aren't getting the whole story by the screen capture. Prior to this post or after.

Just 'cause I'm nosy, looks like this Diana has several Facebook profiles. And you're right Lulu, it looks as though maybe this woman was Mary's hairdresser, about 2 decades ago.

Regardless, Miss Susaye has once again given us a lesson; what a gift to be one of her students!

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I'd be curious to read the whole thread. We clearly aren't getting the whole story by the screen capture. Prior to this post or after.

Just 'cause I'm nosy, looks like this Diana has several Facebook profiles. And you're right Lulu, it looks as though maybe this woman was Mary's hairdresser, about 2 decades ago.

Regardless, Miss Susaye has once again given us a lesson; what a gift to be one of her students!

Here's the whole thread. I cropped it because those two posts basically summarized the banter between the two. I'm not sure who can see it based on privacy settings but Mr. Stephen Woods posted the original message. Mr. Woods, as some of you know, has been compiling the Supremes gown history for a number of years:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Oh, my my my... well. I understand both sides, I understand Susaye's point, and she is correct. But by the same token, Mary also enabled her to have a glamorous lifestyle for a couple of years, had it not been for Mary, Susaye would have been staying at Holiday Inns, arm wrestling Esetella Yarborough for the last drumstick in the bucket. One scratches the other's back, it goes both ways.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Oh, my my my... well. I understand both sides, I understand Susaye's point, and she is correct. But by the same token, Mary also enabled her to have a glamorous lifestyle for a couple of years, had it not been for Mary, Susaye would have been staying at Holiday Inns, arm wrestling Esetella Yarborough for the last drumstick in the bucket. One scratches the other's back, it goes both ways.
    You're correct in that, dear. I think the concern was that this Diana person didn't even bother to kindly make that claim and essentially dumbed down all the other ladies in the group. Heck, if you read the entire thread, she even goes after poor Cindy!

Here's the whole thread. I cropped it because those two posts basically summarized the banter between the two. I'm not sure who can see it based on privacy settings but Mr. Stephen Woods posted the original message. Mr. Woods, as some of you know, has been compiling the Supremes gown history for a number of years:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Mr. Woods, from what I know, is a fire starter. While Susaye did not address him personally, I know several Motown alumni that want nothing to do with him.

As far as his collecting gown history, copying pictures off eBay and passing them off as his own, and giving dresses names as he sees fit hardly qualify him as an expert. But that's just my two cents.

Agree or not, that is the truth.

No real Supremes, no real show, no real fans.

This Diana person lives in lala land.

Lulu Guest
    Mr. Woods, from what I know, is a fire starter. While Susaye did not address him personally, I know several Motown alumni that want nothing to do with him.

As far as his collecting gown history, copying pictures off eBay and passing them off as his own, and giving dresses names as he sees fit hardly qualify him as an expert. But that's just my two cents.

Agree or not, that is the truth.
    You said it...Lulu dear planted the seed though

Yes, Mr. Woods does like to stir the pot. The RTL tour and Cindy's "waiting in the wings" moment are his two favorite subjects as is the "fire" that seemingly destroyed many a gown.

I didn't know that the pictures were copied from eBay! I just assumed he had been the one who purchased them there! The gown names do crack me up though...a good friend and I have a field day texting each other about that!

You said it...Lulu dear planted the seed though

Yes, Mr. Woods does like to stir the pot. The RTL tour and Cindy's "waiting in the wings" moment are his two favorite subjects as is the "fire" that seemingly destroyed many a gown.

I didn't know that the pictures were copied from eBay! I just assumed he had been the one who purchased them there! The gown names do crack me up though...a good friend and I have a field day texting each other about that!

"The Gown Fire of 1974" is clearly as historical as the Chicago Fire of 1871.

Lulu Guest

"The Gown Fire of 1974" is clearly as historical as the Chicago Fire of 1871.
    Ain't that the truth? My Social Studies teacher would have failed me for forgetting the date!

Don't get me started on Stephen Woods...don't get me started.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Don't get me started on Stephen Woods...don't get me started.
    Do we know if he is still publishing that book on the gowns? I have heard mixed news.

Do we know if he is still publishing that book on the gowns? I have heard mixed news.
    If he wants to publish it, nothing is stopping him. He may have problems with copyright issues when it comes to photos though. Licensing from places like Getty Images isn't cheap and he certainly can't use photos copied from eBay. He has made it seem like Mary has put forth some kind of legal action against him if he does go forward with his book, but that is completely false. Nothing has ever been said to him that can't do his book. I just think he's upset with the fact that Mary is working on her gown book and the information in there will make him look bad. He has said numerous times he will correct any inaccuracies when Mary's book is published, but who are people going to believe? A fan who's never handled or worked with the gowns or a lady who wore, owns, maintains, and knows just about everything about them. The choice is yours.

He has said numerous times he will correct any inaccuracies when Mary's book is published, but who are people going to believe? A fan who's never handled or worked with the gowns or a lady who wore, owns, maintains, and knows just about everything about them. The choice is yours.

And there you have it.