[REMOVE ADS]

Lulu Guest

Divine Diana Wows In Miami Last Night!

Lovely videos are coming in from Diana's appearance at the 20th Annual InterContinental® Miami Make-A-Wish Ball.

Does this legend ever stop? She's really in demand these days!

Last edited by Lulu; 11-02-2014 at 08:26 PM.

Lulu Guest

Lulu Guest

How cute. In the last video you posted, a girl was recording Diana with her with phone. Diana took the phone and took a selfie of herself and then gave it back to the girl. That girl will have a nice story to tell when she shows that video.

looking good

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    How cute. In the last video you posted, a girl was recording Diana with her with phone. Diana took the phone and took a selfie of herself and then gave it back to the girl. That girl will have a nice story to tell when she shows that video.
    She did that a few times in the last tour after she told the crowds what great pictures they take of her!

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    That is not all what she is doing here. What she did here was to go the woman, grab at her phone to complain that the the flash was hurting her eyes..... didn't you at all notice her saying that and her pissed off expression directly afterwards? Geez..............hehehehehehehehe! "That hurts my eyes!"

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That is not all what she is doing here. What she did here was to go the woman, grab at her phone to complain that the the flash was hurting her eyes..... didn't you at all notice her saying that and her pissed off expression directly afterwards? Geez..............hehehehehehehehe! "That hurts my eyes!"
    Marv - please stay out of our threads. If you have nothing constructive or kind to say, then don't bother. You are back to your old tricks again trolling every thread that involves DianA Ross. I'm not sure what triggered this latest round of nonsense from you or what your obsession is with this woman, but you're not welcome here. You and Diana are as bad as Sean Hannity and President Obama, respectively. No one hijacks your Mary Wilson posts so I would expect the same from you.

Thanks and have a DIANAmite day!
    Last edited by Lulu; 11-03-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Marv - please stay out of our threads. If you have nothing constructive or kind to say, then don't bother. You are back to your old tricks again trolling every thread that involves DianA Ross. I'm not sure what triggered this latest round of nonsense from you, but you're not welcome here. No one hijacks your Mary Wilson posts so I would expect the same from you.

Thanks and have a DIANAmite day!
    This is neither your thread , nor your forum. You do not have the right to tell me that I am unwelcomed. What I posted above is the truth to anyone viewing that clip.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Taking pictures too close to Diana? Isn't that what happened to you thirty years ago in Colorado, dear? Isn't that what started your lifelong smear campaign against Miss Ross and your loyalty to Mary Wilson who is NOT your friend and who is terrified of you? Geeeeezzzzz, you're a hypocrite.

And YES, it is MY thread. I started it or can't you read that either?

Taking pictures too close to Diana? Isn't that what happened to you thirty years ago in Colorado, dear? Isn't that what started your lifelong smear campaign against Miss Ross and your loyalty to Mary Wilson who is NOT your friend and who is terrified of you? Geeeeezzzzz, you're a hypocrite.
    Uh oh. This going south real quick. Please just ignore him Lulu. Ive seen some say hes protected here and there aint nothing you can do about it dear so stay cool and put him on ignore.

Fondly,

Roberta

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Uh oh. This going south real quick. Please just ignore him Lulu. Ive seen some say hes protected here and there aint nothing you can do about it dear so stay cool and put him on ignore.

Fondly,

Roberta
    I'm done. If I get banned, so be it. I just don't get why the negativity has resurfaced all of the sudden. It's not constructive or nice. No one else bothers the other members or artists this way.

I'm done. If I get banned, so be it. I just don't get why the negativity has resurfaced all of the sudden. It's not constructive or nice. No one else bothers the other members or artists this way.
    Its easier to put him on ignore Lulu. Actualy all Diane did was take the phone turn the flash off and hand it back. The flash hurts her eyes because she damage her eyes during the filming of the Wiz. Theres no attitude and Miss Ross wasnt pi**ed off.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...g-performance/

Roberta

I also think Diana looked a little peed off about the flash, as well she might. It can't be that much fun performing to an army of mobile phones. I think it quite disrepectful to any performer.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I also think Diana looked a little peed off about the flash, as well she might. It can't be that much fun performing to an army of mobile phones. I think it quite disrepectful to any performer.
    Of course that's what she was doing. I wasn't arguing that point. However, as Milven perceived, DianA actually has been known to borrow fan cams though and take selfies. However, this is typically from the front row where the use of a flash is debatable. All those flashing bulbs are not only distracting but can be quite bothersome to the performer. If Roberta75 or Ollie9 had initially pointed this out, I don't think they'd be doing it out of spite or insinuating that it was somewhat "nasty" behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    And yet, that is all you see now at concerts - everyone in the audience recording the show. I turn off my I-phone. Concerts cost a lot. I want to see the show live, not on a little phone screen. Back in the day, they confiscated cameras and threw out the people who were taping. But today , they would throw out the whole audience. I watch the concert live and with so many other people recording, I can wait til the next day and find it posted on You Tube

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    And yet, that is all you see now at concerts - everyone in the audience recording the show. I turn off my I-phone. Concerts cost a lot. I want to see the show live, not on a little phone screen. Back in the day, they confiscated cameras and threw out the people who were taping. But today , they would throw out the whole audience. I watch the concert live and with so many other people recording, I can wait til the next day and find it posted on You Tube
    There are stars that get real upset if fans are recording on they iphones or smartphones.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/photogr...do-it-for-you/

Roberta

smark21 Guest
    I'm with Milven. I rather take in the concert with my own eyes rather than filter it through a lens. And if I want to relive certain moments I'm sure I'll find it on youtube later on, shot my people with better phone cam cinematography skills than I possess.

However in the clip Lulu posted, I'm shocked at Diana Ross letting her background singers solo and showboat; she's mellowed too much lately. She should put them behind a curtain, turn down their mics. And she should have grabbed the phone cam of the woman who shot the flash in her eyes and hit the woman over the head with that cam. I like my Miss Ross mean and feisty! But I guess now that she's a minister of the Gospel she has to be sweet and nice and generous. Just not the same

You've done nothing wrong, Lulu. You merely expressed what some of the rest of us have been thinking. The last place that one would expect to get verbally mugged for being a Diana Ross fan is the Motown Forum. If that's the case, then something is very wrong here.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 11-03-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Wow,i gotta get some popcorn.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Wow,i gotta get some popcorn.
    Honey, it's the same old song...LOL

Thanks LuLu for posting, this is really a clear video of the Diva.

supremester Guest
    I see 20-30 shows a year and never use my camera - well, twice to capture a certain something briefly.... everyone has their own way of enjoying it.

Miss Ross HAS mellowed. I think it has more to do with less pressure on her as the limited experience I have personally has always been of the highest order. She has always been kind, warm and caring. I can definitely see that with no record company, performance contracts or career worries to bog her down, and, of course, having her kids all grown and doing well, she has much less pulling on her. You have no idea until you have raised kids - especially girls - how much mental workload there is. 5 kids AND a career? I can't imagine doing both well. I see Tracee on talk shows discussing Blackish and am amazed at how well spoken and insightful she is. It's the tension in Miss Ross that is missing from her persona - that leads to less temper etc. Feisty? I doubt that has changed, but it manifests itself in a different manner so today she probably won't push a monitor off the stage if the sound sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    I'm with Milven. I rather take in the concert with my own eyes rather than filter it through a lens. And if I want to relive certain moments I'm sure I'll find it on youtube later on, shot my people with better phone cam cinematography skills than I possess.

However in the clip Lulu posted, I'm shocked at Diana Ross letting her background singers solo and showboat; she's mellowed too much lately. She should put them behind a curtain, turn down their mics. And she should have grabbed the phone cam of the woman who shot the flash in her eyes and hit the woman over the head with that cam. I like my Miss Ross mean and feisty! But I guess now that she's a minister of the Gospel she has to be sweet and nice and generous. Just not the same

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I see 20-30 shows a year and never use my camera - well, twice to capture a certain something briefly.... everyone has their own way of enjoying it.

Miss Ross HAS mellowed. I think it has more to do with less pressure on her as the limited experience I have personally has always been of the highest order. She has always been kind, warm and caring. I can definitely see that with no record company, performance contracts or career worries to bog her down, and, of course, having her kids all grown and doing well, she has much less pulling on her. You have no idea until you have raised kids - especially girls - how much mental workload there is. 5 kids AND a career? I can't imagine doing both well. I see Tracee on talk shows discussing Blackish and am amazed at how well spoken and insightful she is. It's the tension in Miss Ross that is missing from her persona - that leads to less temper etc. Feisty? I doubt that has changed, but it manifests itself in a different manner so today she probably won't push a monitor off the stage if the sound sucks.
    Maybe...but she still should have smashed that phone over the head of that woman for using a flash right in front of her eyes. And shut down those meaningless back part singer mics and put them behind a thick curtain where they belong.

supremester Guest
    LOL>... I always wonder about whiny, pesky, egomaniac bg singers - WTF do they complain about how loud their mics are? Don't BE a backpart singer if you think you should even have an opinion about how loud you are miked. Be the lead - then you'll be heard - until then STFU and get back to your mic and resume seething. Ever hear Marha's live album? Talk about turned down backparts - you have to squint to hear them sometimes.

The reason Miss Ross used t keep them behind a curtain was that there needed to be a huge separation from the previous act - especially since much of the music was going to be similar - so if she went "solo" she needed to BE solo. Many acts did it back in the day, but this had to be. My bestie watched Miss ross on Merv in '70 and his father commented, "I bet she never lets THOSE girls make a name for themselves." And He was a civilian!