[REMOVE ADS]

Recent aretha interviews: Your thoughts

I know that she's never been big on interviews but some of these are somewhat disturbing imo

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I know that she's never been big on interviews but some of these are somewhat disturbing imo
    Love the Queen's music and have everything she's released but she bores me in concert and on interviews. The one she did with Wendy Williams a few years back was remotely interesting. Lord knows I'm no Patti fan but at least she gives good talk!
    Last edited by Lulu; 11-01-2014 at 05:56 PM.

I think Aretha gives a good interview when she's comfortable with someone. I remember nice appearances on Joan Rivers and Rolonda.

But she's never been terribly responsive. Re this video, there seemed to be consistent problems with her earpiece.

I enjoy the interviews I have seen with Aretha especially the one she did for the profile on her for the American Masters series on PBS some years back.

She's testy; she's a diva; she's getting old, she can't hear that well; she doesn't give a damn what people think that much anymore; they've said everything about her so why bother; her unhappiness always seems to show.

I think it was just the fact that she was speaking to several FOX affiliates back to back and they couldn't get the audio right. I just saw an interview done at the same time for her local FOX affiliate and she seemed in a great mood.

Hopefully it was the audio and earpiece. I hope that I wasn't reading too much into it. I have an aunt around her age who is currently battling early stages of Alzheimer's and she's currently acting like Aretha in a lot of these clips.

My take on things is that Aretha is far more relaxed now than in years past which causes her to come off friendlier and more down to Earth. Her interview with David Letterman was a prime example. She joked, told stories and made you really like her.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    My take on things is that Aretha is far more relaxed now than in years past which causes her to come off friendlier and more down to Earth. Her interview with David Letterman was a prime example. She joked, told stories and made you really like her.
    marv2, I thought you might find this recent interview interesting. I not too good at this so I hope the link works.

http://www.wsj.com/video/aretha-fran...pp_videohome_1

Quote Originally Posted by nysister View Post
    marv2, I thought you might find this recent interview interesting. I not too good at this so I hope the link works.

http://www.wsj.com/video/aretha-fran...pp_videohome_1
    Hey cool, thanks NYsister!!!

Thank you nysister. That was a good interview, far more relaxed, and she seemed happier.