[REMOVE ADS]

Lulu Guest

Diana Surprises And Dazzles At amFAR Inspiration Gala Last Night!

Nice write-up about the event and some clips of Diana! Enjoy!

La Liz would be proud!

http://www.vogue.com/3620275/fifth-a...ation-gala-la/

Lulu Guest

Lulu Guest

Lulu Guest

She sounded great and Gwyneth gave her a glowing introduction.

Thanks for finding these.

Heaven knows Diana has been my muse, my inspiration for a half century. I gladly surrender my gay card if I never, ever have to hear her sing "I Will Survive" again. It was a respectable european hit. But how would she feel if some artist began to close every show with "Ain't No Mountain High Enough". I cannot imagine she would be too happy. It is Gloria's calling card. Though I have always hated the song....it belongs to Gloria. It was fine during the "Take Me Higher Tour".....but, I will not survive another time hearing it. I love you Diana. Heaven knows I do. But you're killing me....and not softly either. Its practically all that Gloria has.....it rightfully belongs to her.
    it has become a cheap, insincere shot for applause. Most American audiences don't even know why she chooses to sing it.
    if Aretha starts to close her shows with this one, I'm truly done. With a repertoire as vast as Diana's, I can only ask why?why?why?
    Last edited by Bokiluis; 10-30-2014 at 07:03 PM.

I totally agree, but I'm afraid that the audience doesn't care. Most people don't know [[or care) whether the song was Gloria Gaynor's or not. But yes, it is unnecessary. Ross have hits enough of her own... but as she said to MJ: "I want your hits" ... ;-)

Great to see Diana lending her support in the fight against AIDS. "I'm coming out" and "I will survive" are gay anthems. It was fitting that she sang these songs.

"I Will Survive" is as much her hit as it is Gloria's. Plus she did release it as a single and a very iconic video with RuPaul in it. She made it her own for almost 20 years, why not? Lol

Thanks, Lulu. Seeing Diana in action is always lots of fun!

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Thanks, Lulu. Seeing Diana in action is always lots of fun!
    Sure thing. Unfortunately, the usual suspects on the forum are already dismissing this as non-newsworthy. So I'd be prepared for the backlash! Here's a great photo!!!

Name:  10406371_10152825941047154_900876378429529261_n.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  34.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Sure thing. Unfortunately, the usual suspects on the forum are already dismissing this as non-newsworthy. So I'd be prepared for the backlash! Here's a great photo!!!

Name:  10406371_10152825941047154_900876378429529261_n.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  34.6 KB
    No, no, no my friend. It is newsworthy. I just have issues with "I Will Survive".....I already said I am ready to forfeit my gay card.
    And AIDS/HIV isn't and never was an exclusive gay disease. Unfortunately, it doesn't discriminate.
    But I do agree that the audience doesn't care that is one reason "to me", it comes across as a cheap audience closer.
    Please note the pronouns, I take full responsibility for what "I" say.
    And I acknowledged that it was indeed a European hit. Those are my sentiments. Not looking for agreement....I just head for the exit doors at the first chord.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    No, no, no my friend. It is newsworthy. I just have issues with "I Will Survive".....I already said I am ready to forfeit my gay card.
    And AIDS/HIV isn't and never was an exclusive gay disease. Unfortunately, it doesn't discriminate.
    But I do agree that the audience doesn't care that is one reason "to me", it comes across as a cheap audience closer.
    Please note the pronouns, I take full responsibility for what "I" say.
    And I acknowledged that it was indeed a European hit. Those are my sentiments. Not looking for agreement....I just head for the exit doors at the first chord.
    Oh honey, I wasn't saying it wasn't newsworthy...someone else we all know and love did! I feel the same way about IWS as you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    Heaven knows Diana has been my muse, my inspiration for a half century. I gladly surrender my gay card if I never, ever have to hear her sing "I Will Survive" again. It was a respectable european hit. But how would she feel if some artist began to close every show with "Ain't No Mountain High Enough". I cannot imagine she would be too happy. It is Gloria's calling card. Though I have always hated the song....it belongs to Gloria. It was fine during the "Take Me Higher Tour".....but, I will not survive another time hearing it. I love you Diana. Heaven knows I do. But you're killing me....and not softly either. Its practically all that Gloria has.....it rightfully belongs to her.
    it has become a cheap, insincere shot for applause. Most American audiences don't even know why she chooses to sing it.
    if Aretha starts to close her shows with this one, I'm truly done. With a repertoire as vast as Diana's, I can only ask why?why?why?
    I agree with you 100 % It was okay during the TMH tour. But enough is enough. I never did like Gloria's version. I like Diana's more but I am starting to cringe when she closes her shows with it.

Lulu Guest
    Was anyone able to find pictures of Evan and Ashlee at the event? I heard they were also in attendance.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Thank you dear. You always have the good finds!

BTW, here is the full documentary The Battle of amFAR I would highly recommend viewing it as it is a important look into the struggles the organization had to endure to get off the ground. I would also say it's timely given the whole Ebola hysteria.