[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    There were definitely separate airplay and sales charts in Billboard at the time of Missing You; they were used together to compile the Hot 100 and airplay was the bigger component; Missing You was fueled by sales.

In the end, I guess what happened happened. Chain Reaction and the Force Behind the Power was huge hits overseas; Diana was not the force she has formerly been in America. But the massive overseas hits of If We Hold On Together, When You Tell Me That You Love Me, Chain Reaction and others were part of what contributed to Ross receiving the award from the Guiness Book of World Records as the most successful female vocalist of all time.

It was interesting recently to notice in the publicity for Aretha Franklin's new CD, her publicists suggest she has sold 75 million records; Ross's publicity routinely says she sold over 100 million records.

The kind of voice and look that Houston, Beyoncé and Ross had is the kind of stuff that really sells to a young audience in it's day. Aretha Franklin was all about the voice.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Matter of opinion - it was greatly liked in many countries - #1 in UK, Australia and Ireland.

#1 record of 1986 in Australia and the fifth biggest selling single of 1986 in the UK.
    ignore him hes just looking for attention.

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    ignore him hes just looking for attention.

Fondly,

Roberta
    I love Roberta as a Forum Member and on FB.

While she and I don't precisely agree on Miss Reeves and Miss Ross, we are always respectful to each other and appreciate each others opinions and agree on many other matters.

Thanks Roberta.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I love Roberta as a Forum Member and on FB.

While she and I don't precisely agree on Miss Reeves and Miss Ross, we are always respectful to each other and appreciate each others opinions and agree on many other matters.

Thanks Roberta.
    Thank you dear. resopect and good manners cost nothing.

Fondly,

Roberta