[REMOVE ADS]

Jian Ghomeshi...............FIRED!

I think I need to shower after reading that. Makes me feel a little sleazy...

But in truth, you have to be careful when you're a public face. The people you slight [[at best) or abuse [[at worst) can threaten to embarrass your employer and, right or wrong, their action will always be geared toward protecting the brand and the bottom line.

It doesn't matter whether he was smeared. As far as the CBC is concerned, business is business and he can take his personal life and hash it out in court without being tagged as one of their stars. These things happen.

It is a bit far out if you ask me.

Jian was their Star, especially after they lost Hockey Night in Canada.

Now 7 women says he was violent towards them, some without consent; one was an actress from some CBC series.

I was a Jian fan but "where there's smoke, there's fire". I don't know how he thought he could knock around and choke women he was having sex with and get away with it.

Jobeterob I thought this guy was uber talented I was so sorry to her this a few days ago.

I think much of Canada is very disappointed. It's hard to believe but regardless of where the legalities of it all fall, you don't have 9 women saying something happened if it was nothing at all and all by agreement. There must be some fire with this smoke.

Another example of what we always believed turning out to be completely backward.

I keep thinking about this guy I used to LOVE watching him doing interviews on youtube.

Here's the latest, He was arrested today!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/27/wo...ult.html?_r=0#

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    I keep thinking about this guy I used to LOVE watching him doing interviews on youtube.
    I use to watch him on television, mostly on weekends do his interviews.

OK now this is one why I wonder the women didnt come forth earlier unlike the Cos.

OK now this is one why I wonder the women didnt come forth earlier unlike the Cos.
    Maybe cause all the women felt shame and guilt. Ask Joan Collinns.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2028042

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It is a bit far out if you ask me.
    Of course it is. Its not like you are one that ever there for women rights.

Roberta I understand what you are saying but NOW there is no shame for such acts. I could see if this was 30 years ago! But I guess there are some who would say they are coming out for money there is a tendency to put the victims down and sometimes people dont believe them. If that is the case I can see why they didnt come forward but I would think now would be a little easier.

Roberta I understand what you are saying but NOW there is no shame for such acts. I could see if this was 30 years ago! But I guess there are some who would say they are coming out for money there is a tendency to put the victims down and sometimes people dont believe them. If that is the case I can see why they didnt come forward but I would think now would be a little easier.
    No shame in your opinion dear. Theres still stigma and shame trust me.

Roberta