[REMOVE ADS]

The nba season-who do you like?

Hey hoopheads,the nba season is about to begin,will san antoine repeat or will king james and his court in cleveland rise up?will john wall and the wizards get beyond the second round?or will the clippers go far?so many questions...who do you like?

The Sixers will shock the world. Okay, they most certainly will not. But I'm still [[struggling to be) a fan in spite of a team that's not even trying to compete [[and damned proud of that fact). Sad, sad...

Anyway, I'm also a Denver Nugget fan and they're going to surprise a couple of teams. They have no superstars but they have the deepest roster in the league, so let's see how that translates into wins.

The Cavaliers will win the East and either they or the Bulls will win the championship, in my opinion. I think San Antonio will run out of gas in the second round of the playoffs. I like the Clippers to win in the west with Portland and Golden State surprising a few inattentive casual fans. Portland has crazy dynamics with Aldridge and Lillard inside/outside causing nightmares. And Golden State's backcourt is sick [[maybe as sick as the Wizards' backcourt) but they have a rookie coach.

So let's go with the Clippers against the Cavaliers for the championship with LeBron and co. taking home the hardware.

thomas96 Guest
    I think whoever wins the West, wins it all. Could be the Spurs, Dallas, OKC, the Clippers. I think the Spurs have a really good shot after keeping Mills, Diaw, Duncan and with Leonard only getting better and better.

Cleveland will make the playoffs but I don't think there's a chance they go far. LeBron's great but they don't have as much talent as the Heat did when he, Bosh and Wade teamed up the first year, and they got smoked by the Mavs and had noticeable chemistry issues, which this year's Cavs will have as well. Kevin Love is really overrated too, and their head coach is questionable to say the least. If Ray Allen ends up signing there he would help their chances big time but still I don't think it'd be enough. Without him I don't think they have a shot at the Finals.

My surprise team in the East is Charlotte. I could really see them making the Finals this year. It's a stretch but they're the best defensive team in the league and adding Lance Stephenson will help their offense stretch the floor with Al Jefferson and put up some points. Heat will likely continue to do well as well even without LeBron, adding Deng. Should be an interesting season that's for sure!

The Pistons [[a life long fan here....) and the Brooklyn Nets!

thomas96 Guest
    Marv, the Pistons suck now unfortunately. Dumars is gone and SVG doesn't have a whole lot to work with. Drummond's an amazing young centerpiece but the rest of the team is average or below. I miss the days of Isiah, Laimbeer, The Microwave, Rodman, Dumars, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Marv, the Pistons suck now unfortunately. Dumars is gone and SVG doesn't have a whole lot to work with. Drummond's an amazing young centerpiece but the rest of the team is average or below. I miss the days of Isiah, Laimbeer, The Microwave, Rodman, Dumars, etc.
    I am glad Joe Dumars is gone. They suck because he had been there too long......

I LOVE the NBA. I don't have league pass because it would cut my productivity by 90%.

ZBo has been my guy since he joined the Griz's.....

Where's my Spurs' homie?

I'm not surprised by Golden State.....I am almost shocked by the Hawks.

Detroit shocked me after Josh Smith left.....watching Houston now....what a win/win

Loved what Tony Allen said about Lilliard getting Blake's spot on the All Star team.

Statistics homework check beckons....gotta run

Well hoopheads,the west is tougher than nails while the east belongs to atlanta[ain't nobody in the east catchin em]my wizards will be in the playoffs but like last year they're going home in the second round,it will come down to king james and his court going against atlanta with the hawks winning in six..out west who knows alot of good teams..look forwrd to and exciting second half.

I almost concur with your take on the East....especially on the Wizs.

I'm not ready to write off da Bulls completely....and the Raptors could spoil somebody's party.

Barring injuries to Bron/Kyrie/Teague/Milsap..... I think you've nailed the Finals.....

The Warriors and Grizzlies are my two fave teams in the Best.....but both have to prove to me that they can be the Spurs in a best of seven. The addition of Green nudges the Grizs a little.

And the Grizzs recently took a dive when ZBo was out for a spell.

Houston, OKC and the Mavs have yet to bow completely out.

The Playoffs in the Best will come down to matchups more so than seedings. For example OKC could be seeded 8th....but they've proven to be one of the better nemesis of the Spurs.

And I also look forward to the second half......and more moves.

And don't forget the biggest catch of the second half[ray allen]if he's still got half his jumper he's gonna help somebody win some games down the strench run.