[REMOVE ADS]

Motown the Musical gets a real great review in Mineappolis.

the ironic, sad thing is...it costs more to see this play about Motown then I ever paid to see the real Motown stars LIVE in concert!

definitely some irony in that!

back in the day, didn't you get half the roster for about $4.50?

the first Motortown Revue in 1962 I was too young to go but I think the tickets in Florida was $1.00 & $1.25 at the door. Then in 1966 when I first got to see Mary Wells LIVE[[on the Joe Tex Show) the tickets were $2.50 in advance $3.00 at the door & the same when I saw The Marvelettes LIVE on the Otis Redding Show. Ofcourse, I got to meet the whole Motortown Revue in 1962 for FREE.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    the first Motortown Revue in 1962 I was too young to go but I think the tickets in Florida was $1.00 & $1.25 at the door. Then in 1966 when I first got to see Mary Wells LIVE[[on the Joe Tex Show) the tickets were $2.50 in advance $3.00 at the door & the same when I saw The Marvelettes LIVE on the Otis Redding Show. Ofcourse, I got to meet the whole Motortown Revue in 1962 for FREE.
    Good story! Lucky to participate in something like that.

It's a pretty big "to-do."

I have seen billboards, tv ads, and there's even radio ads.

I am going this Tuesday. Yes, the tickets were a it expensive, but totally worth it. Can't wait!