[REMOVE ADS]

Lulu Guest

Mary Wilson Bergen PAC Concert Canceled

Does anyone know if the show has been rescheduled?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/mary-wil...004C79C0D3E5EE

It's a smart thing she did. Shes in the Netherlands the day before and France the day after with Bill Wyman, The woman has to rest sometime.

Really? It would be impossible to keep that schedule. Are those recent bookings? Bergen PAC was announced early in the summer. But only about ten per cent of the seats were sold as of last week and some ticket re-seller called STUBS bought many of them. It is a fairly large venue and I was surprised that she was booked there as a solo. If they had booked more acts with her, it would have been another oldies show. I'd rather see her do a cabaret act in a small club.

I was in 54 Below in NYC a few years ago to see Ben Vereen and thought how nice it would be if Mary would do a show there. 54 Below is beneath the old disco haunt STUDIO 54.

http://54below.com/

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    It's a smart thing she did. Shes in the Netherlands the day before and France the day after with Bill Wyman, The woman has to rest sometime.
    Well she is in demand! She is in Detroit this week!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Well she is in demand! She is in Detroit this week!
    And has loads of energy. She is an inspiration to those of us who are rapidly becoming [[or are already) senior citizens .

supremester Guest
    That ticket seller had a deal with the promoter, I believe - or was the promoter - if there was a promoter. Mary might have done it herself or had a no risk clause for the promoter because it was a very questionable booking from the get go. My spies tell me Mary was gonna take 5 days off from Bill Wyman if the gig happened as, had it played, she had a chance to make a lot more $$$ than what Bill Wyman nets her. It sucks that she's in the position to have to do this - round trip from Europe for 1 gig? yeeech. I'm so over flying and airports - I can't imagine how these girls stand it.
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Really? It would be impossible to keep that schedule. Are those recent bookings? Bergen PAC was announced early in the summer. But only about ten per cent of the seats were sold as of last week and some ticket re-seller called STUBS bought many of them. It is a fairly large venue and I was surprised that she was booked there as a solo. If they had booked more acts with her, it would have been another oldies show. I'd rather see her do a cabaret act in a small club.

I was in 54 Below in NYC a few years ago to see Ben Vereen and thought how nice it would be if Mary would do a show there. 54 Below is beneath the old disco haunt STUDIO 54.

http://54below.com/

Well, there are two things ~ $$$$ and they can't let go of the fans. Two major rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    That ticket seller had a deal with the promoter, I believe - or was the promoter - if there was a promoter. Mary might have done it herself or had a no risk clause for the promoter because it was a very questionable booking from the get go. My spies tell me Mary was gonna take 5 days off from Bill Wyman if the gig happened as, had it played, she had a chance to make a lot more $$$ than what Bill Wyman nets her. It sucks that she's in the position to have to do this - round trip from Europe for 1 gig? yeeech. I'm so over flying and airports - I can't imagine how these girls stand it.
    I don't think it's in them to slow down. You see Diana has a leg brace on walking in regular stride threw LAX and still on her tour grind. The same for Mary. I'm glad these ladies are still pushing and doing what they enjoy. They must be doing something right because Diana, and Mary still get rave reviews and look great for 70 year old women. Keep up the good work as long as you can ladies!!!

Nice to see the surviving original Supremes still working their butts off especially since they're both capable of still delivering great shows.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I'm so over flying and airports - I can't imagine how these girls stand it.
    First class and private planes might make it a lot easier.