[REMOVE ADS]

Shirley Bassey Original Album Series-Best Price Tip!

I had just posted another thread asking about prices. While continuing that research, I came across what I am sure will be the best price anywhere for Shirley's upcoming Original Album Series, at least for US shoppers. I just ordered it for $18.99 with free shipping on www.wowhd.com. I had not seen anything less than $23 anyplace else and most of those involved shipping costs. That will come about to about $3.80 per CD!
    Last edited by daviddesper; 10-22-2014 at 12:23 AM.

Is Shirley popular in America?

She hasn't had many hits here in the US besides GOLDFINGER and NEVER NEVER NEVER, but I think she has a very devoted audience who would love to see her more often.

When I really got into Shirley in the 90s, I was totally surprised to find out that she was coming to town. The hall was packed. The show was slated to start at 8pm. But for whatever reason, she did not come on until 9:30. No opening act at all. But as soon as GOLDFINGER started, all was forgiven. She put on the best show. No frills. No effects. Just her voice. Since then, I've bought every album she has made. I would love to see her in concert again.

Thanks Reese

I had no idea she was so popular there. Good to hear.

Great! Thanks David!

I saw Shirley Bassey live a few times in the late 90s. She is probably the most electrifying performer I've ever seen. Just her superhuman voice and an orchestra -- beyond amazing!

I have only been blessed to see her in concert once, but it was quite memorable. That particular night she wore a lot of elaborate robes, making me think of what a Liberace show must have been like. But since that is the only time I saw her, I am not sure if that is a trademark or not. As someone pointed out, she would only be known here for Goldfinger and many people would not even connect her name with that, but I certainly never had any trouble finding her albums. I give her credit for being one of the most prolific album artists I have ever seen. Between she and Nancy Wilson, I have never seen so many albums from people who did not have that many hit singles.

One of the most memorable concerts I ever saw was her "Never, Never, Never Tour" at the San Francisco Nob Hill Masonic Auditorium. Saw her a few times since and still play her double "Live at Carnegie Hall" album.

I believe she does have a devoted fan base in several large American cities.

I became a fan when I heard her sing THIS IS MY LIFE. Can't to hear her sing I'M STILL HERE and MACARTHUR PARK on her new CD.

Here is link to track listings and also a video of her performance of GOLDFINGER on the Academy Awards Show.

Yes, she has a lot of fans here too

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news...oTFjGH4BHuf62P

EVEN LOWER PRICE NOW! That same website now has it for $15.76. I am trying to find out if I can cancel my order for $18.99 since it has not been released yet and then re-order it at the new price. While I work on that, the rest of you may as well take advantage of this great price!