[REMOVE ADS]

The Record Porducers Motown Experience

I spotted this on The Gaurdian web site!

The Record Producers Motown experience - The Secrets of the classics

On 20 November, BBC Radio 2's Steve Levine and Richard Allinson are joined by the VP, A&R at Universal Music Enterprises, Harry Weinger, as they reveal the secret recording techniques behind the legendary Tamla Motown catalogue.
    Join Steve Levine and Richard Allinson, the team who created the groundbreaking documentary series The Record Producers’' for BBC Radio 2 and 6music, as they reveal the secret recording techniques behind the legendary Tamla Motown catalogue.

This exclusive and unique event will be held at London's famous Metropolis Studios.

1. The Record Producers Motown experience - The Secrets of the Classics
    2. Metropolis Studios, The Power House, 70 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 1SY
    3. Date: 20 November 2010
    4. Time: 1:00pm
    5. Duration: 2.5hrs
    Richard and Steve will be joined by the Vice President of A&R at Universal Music Enterprises, Harry Weinger whose knowledge and thoughtful management of the vast Tamla catalogue has ensured Motown's music still sounds fresh and remains forefront of public consciousness.

The day will start with a talk on the history of Metropolis Studios, the world class recording facility which has hosted many legendary artists including Motown-influenced artists such as Amy Winehouse, Mark Ronson, Adele and PlanB.

All due respect for my friend, Harry Wienger, I have dubious thoughts regarding this program.

there seems to be more about metropolis and steve levine etc than motown

Unless I'm reading the more detailed info wrongly, the event is being put on by the Guardian newspaper. If you scroll down to the foot of the article in the link below you'll see that it looks like there's an admission charge of £90 for Guardian Extra members or £99 for guests! I stand to be corrected. Although the studio venue is fairly close to me, I'll think I'll give it a miss! Hopefully it'll be recorded for future broadcast on Radio 2!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/extra/2010...=ILCEXTTXT2191

It had better be, Alan. Otherwise the R2 advertising for a Grauniad event would be shameless, even by BBC standards. The previous shows were mostly good, and this certainly shows a powerful interest in Motown from the Radio 2 listener, the Guardian Extra reader and a mutual friend, for whom they are each prepared to put up £49.50.
    Last edited by bankhousedave; 11-20-2010 at 10:03 AM.